Cruisers 2023 Bavaria C42 boat for sale at a glance:
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! Make an offer, ask the seller a question, or check availability.
The BAVARIA C42 features a modern, innovative hull shape with chines and a V-shaped bow developed by BAVARIA YACHTS guarantee both the best sailing performance and an unusually large amount of space below deck.
BAVARIA CHINES and BAVARIA V-shaped bow: These striking hull design characteristics not only give the BAVARIA C42 more space below deck, they also provide unusual good sailing performance. The BAVARIA CHINES ensure more stability, a longer waterline and therefore better performance and a more direct feeling when steering. But the prominent angle at the stern of the BAVARIA C42 has another advantage. It yields more space for the stern cabin, providing more comfort.
Contact S&J Yachts to learn more about the award winning Bavaria C42.
Select from individual cabin layouts ranging from the luxurious 2-cabin version with a spacious head to the comfortable 3-cabin version with two heads.
– 3 cabin and 2 heads
– 3 cabin and 1 head
– 2 cabins and 2 heads
– 2 cabins and 1 head
– Owner's cabin with master double berth and storage
– Salon with dining area on starboard and sofa with chart table on portside
– Head with washbasin, toilet, and separate shower on starboard
– L-shaped galley on portside with washbasin
– Fridge in galley, 110 L, front loading
– LPG gas system with locker (for 1 bottle)
– 3 burner gas stove with oven
– Companion way with 5 stairs, openable for access to engine compartment
– Aft cabin with double berth and storage space on starboard
– OPTIONAL utility room aft and storage with dedicated space for optional fridge next to pantry
– OPTIONAL owner's cabin with separate head (incl. washbasin, toilet and shower function), master double berth and storage
– OPTIONAL aft cabin with double berth and storage space on portside
– OPTIONAL salon table, extractable and manually lowerable, incl. cushion for additional double berth
– OPTIONAL shower seat for head aft
– Interior wood color Mahogany "Classic"
– Floor "Elm"
– Laminate worktop surface in galley "White"
– Upholstery "Vela" in salon
– Standard mattress for all berths
– Hull liner, Signal White
Deck and Cockpit
– Deck in hand lay-up sandwich construction
– Cockpit floor, side decks and coach roof with non-slip structure
– GRP anchor- and sail locker hatch
– Cockpit locker on portside
– Cockpit locker on starboard
– Transom locker portside
– Gas box in cockpit
– Twin wheel steering system with emergency tiller
– Stainless steel steering wheels with leather cover
– Pulpit and pushpit in stainless steel
– Railing incl. stanchions and stainless steel wire
– Blocks, organizers and jammers for running rigging, padeyes for safety lines and flagpole support
– Handrail on coach roof , stainless steel
– Bow fitting with anchor roller
– Magnetic compass next to helm station both sides
– 4 mooring cleats, stainless steel, fixed
– 1 coach roof window on each side incl. 1 portlight for head, 8 openable flush deck hatches for cabins, head and salon and 2 portlights in cockpit sides for aft cabins
– Cockpit table, stainless steel frame with folding leafs
– Teak on cockpit benches
– Companion way with sliding hatch and hinged doors
– Bathing platform, manual
– Teak on bathing platform
– Standard swimming ladder
– Emergency boarding ladder
Rigging and Sails
When developing the rigging and sail plan, the development team from BAVARIA YACHTS in collaboration with Cossutti Yacht Design focused on two aspects in particular: easy handling and above-average performance. 54 square meters of sail area for the mainsail and 47 square meters for the genoa sail provide the BAVARIA C42 with an extra portion of power from the wind.
While sailing with the wind abeam or running before the wind, an optional Code 0 sail (85 square meters) and an optional gennaker (140 square metres) ensure maximum speed. The self-tacking jib means the easiest of handling when tacking.
– LED Navigation lights
– Elvström mainsail - Cruisetech Dacron, short battens with 2 reefs
– Elvström self-tacking jib
– Sportmast on deck stepped 2 spreader, aluminum
– Midboom sheeting system
– Self tacking jib system
– Above deck jib furling system
– 2 x halyard winches, size 45, manual
– Backstay adjuster, mechanical Rod kicker
– Wind indicator
– Running rigging
Hull and Keel
– Hull in hand layup sandwich construction
– Signal White cove and waterline, dark blue
– Chain plates for shrouds and backstays
– Hull windows in mineral glass (3 each side)
– L-shaped keel, standard draft 6' 9"
– OPTIONAL L-shaped keel, shallow draft 5' 6"
– GRP single rudder with aluminum stock
– Diesel engine, 40hp, sail drive with 2 blade fixed propeller (not with optional engine)
– Mechanical throttle, mounted on cockpit side starboard
– OPTIONAL 57hp diesel engine, sail drive with 3 blade folding propeller
Electrical and Plumbing
– Country Version US/JPN
– 12V electrical main panel
– 110 V electrical main panel,
– 110 V socket in each cabin and head, in pantry (2) and at chart table
– 1 x engine battery, 12 V / 95 Ah, AGM
– Reading lights incl. USB socket for each berth and at chart table, LED overhead lights in cabins, salon und heads
– 1 x service battery, 12 V / 180 Ah, AGM
– Battery charger, 40 Ah (3 channels)
– 110 V shore power
– 210 L fresh-water tank (not with grey water system)
– Fresh-water system
– 20 L hot water boiler, heated by engine
– 70 L holding tank per toilet
– Manual toilet in head with seawater flush system
– Grey water overboard discharge
– Electric and manual bilge pump
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Covering types, popular brands & ownership. Find out about different sailboat types, sail vs power boat, most popular sailboat brands, what do you need to own a sailboat and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide.