Sports Fishing Boats 1995 Post Sport Fishing boat for sale at a glance:
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! Make an offer, ask the seller a question, or check availability.
Sellers will be moving out of the country. Make a reasonable offer now!
BAD AXE is a 1995 Post 46 II that looks 20 years younger. She was a fresh water vessel the first seventeen years of her life and has been back in brackash water since 2018. She was used mostly to cruise and has been fished lightly each year in the past 8 years. The current owner bought her in 2018 with 600 hours on the starboard engine SMOH and the port engine was majored before bringing it to Louisiana by previous owner. The electronics were upgraded in 2017 with Garmin Fantom 4 foot open array radar, Garmin 7612 touchscreen plotter, radar, depth and speed display. A new Airmar 1 kw chirp transducer was installed. 2 Icom VHF radios as well as Garmin 5012 display and a Furuno 1870 chart plotter complete the electronics. There is 4-Sided eisenglass bridge enclosure was added in as well as new helm seats. The electric windlass was rebuilt in 2015. Mechanical gauges were added in the engine room in 2016 and all batteries were replaced in 2023 as well as all fire suppression systems recertified. The 8KW Onan generator has approximately 1,900 hours. Coaming boards were refinished in 2017 and new covers added.
You board BAD AXE either over the cockpit gunwale or through the transom door in a huge cockpit with a cabin door midship.
Entering the salon you will first notice the hi-gloss varnish woodwork and tasteful décor. A U-Line ice maker and the electrical panel is to starboard. Continuing forward on the starboard side is a leather recliner. To port is an Ultraleather sleeper sofa and hi-gloss cocktail table. The cabin headliner is Ultraleather with recessed LED lighting. The carpet should be replaced.
The traditional sportfish table has been removed and replaced with a custom built cabinet finished to match the existing woodwork. The extra storage space is ideal for galley supplies and/or your fishing gear.
Continue forward to the master stateroom with queen walk around berth to starboard and en-suite head with toilet, stall shower and vanity with sink. There are cedar lined hanging lockers and drawers, and full carpeting.
All the way forward is the guest cabin with large over/under crossing berths, hanging lockers, drawers and an overhead hatch. The guest head is adjacent with Raritan toilet, stall shower and vanity with sink.
The gourmet galley features Corian countertops, full-size Whirlpool freezer/refrigerator (new 2013), Sharp carousel microwave/convection oven (new 2013), Princess 2-Burner cooktop with storage beneath and a custom made cutting board cover, a pantry in the hall immediately behind the refrigerator, and a central vacuum system.
All living areas have a Post factory installed electric heater. A telephone is on the bulkhead. There is plenty of storage everywhere on the Post 46.
– Furuno 72nm Radar
– Garmin 5012 Color Chartplotter
– FurunoGP 1870 Chartplotter
– Robertson AP 300x Autopilot
– Ratheon 430 Hailer
– IC M125 VHF
– Glendinning Engine Synchronizer
– ACR Spotlight
– Datamarine Depthfinder and Speedlog
– Dual Detroit DDEC Info Centers (need to be replaced or repaired)
– Spreader Lights
– Trim Tabs
– Hynautic Hydraulic Steering and Controls
– Engine Room Access Through Cockpit
– Engine Room Sparkles with Care
– Twin Detroit 6V92TA DDEC Diesel Engines Rated at 565 HP Each
– ZF Transmissions with 2" SS Shafts and 26x28 Four-Bladed Bronze Props
– Both Engines Have Block Heaters Left on When Engine is Not Running to Eliminate Condensation
– Port Engine was rebuilt with approx. 250 Hours and Crash Bilge Pump
– Starboard Engine Rebuilt in 2012 with approx. 600 Hours
– Engines are Freshwater Cooled with Raw Water Cooled Wet Exhaust
– Boat Burns approx. 35gph at 27 knots at 2100rpm
– An 8kw Onan Diesel Generator with approx. 1,900 Hours Provide the 115/230v AC for Galley and Air Conditioning
– Battery Charger is Pro Mariner 80
– Glendenning Cable Master
– (4) Batteries (new 2023)
– New battery charger (2023)
– Engine Room is Completely Sound Insulated
– Dual 1000G Racors on Engines and Dual 500G Racors on Generator
– Dripless Shaft Logs
– Cockpit Engine Room Access
– Glendinning Engine Synchronizer
– Halon Automatic Fire Suppression System
Hull and Deck:
– Cockpit Freezer is to Starboard with Freshwater Pressure Sink and Tackle Cabinet Under Flybridge Ladder on the Port Side
– Fresh and Saltwater Washdowns
– Anchor Windlass
– Bow Pulpit and Rails
– Transom Door in Cockpit to Starboard. No swim Platform to Interfere with Bringing Fish Aboard
– Flybridge 4-Sided Enclosure with EZ2CY Forward Panels and Isinglass Along Side and Rear
– Flybridge Cushions
– Dual Springfield Helm Chairs Provide Safety and Comfort for Captain and Mate on Flybridge
– Flybridge Seats 6
Work Done 2021 Through 2023
New Port Engine Cast Stainless Mixing Elbow New Blackwater Hoses New Head (2) New Dometic DTG-16 Air Conditioner Units New Batteries 2023 New Battery Charger 2023 New Cabinetry in Salon Update Wood work in Master Stateroom New Pantry to Replace Washer/Dryer Total compound and double wax exterior (10/2023) New battery for genset
Sellers moving out of the country so bring all reasonable offers!
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Check out our guide to choose the right one for you. Thinking about buying a Motor Yacht? For a beginner or to cross the Atlantic? Used or new? Check out our Motor Yacht guide to choose the right one for you.