Seattle Yachts presents this Racers and Cruisers 1984 Baltic 42 DP boat for sale.
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
Baltic Yachts designed by Doug Petersen are the Gold Standard for performance cruisers. They are light, strong and well constructed, with an enduring Finnish pedigree. The 42 is a favorite among enthusiasts because of her manageable size and sufficient internal volume. The well thought-out two stateroom layout makes her a comfortable fast passage-maker and fast and fun on the race course.
This boat is hull number 29 of 30 boats built, so you are unlikely to find a younger, better taken care of example - and she has benefited from sensible upgrades and refinishing over the years. This vessel should definitely be high on your list of must-see boats.
Compared with Swans from the same Era, A Baltic will give you the same same quality, exclusivity and attention to detail, but you will appreciate the easier companionway access and more ergonomic deck layout.
As one enters the boat via an easily accessible companionway, the luxuriance of solid and laminated teak joinery prevails and is timelessly modern in the way that Scandinavians do best. Floorboards are Teak and Holly that have been completely refinished at some stage but have been kept pristine by a vinyl and carpeting overlay throughout the boat.
To starboard of the companionway is the refurbished galley, featuring new custom faucets, double sink and Corian countertops with additional over-the-sink countertop covers. These allow more space for food prep and provide a clean, modern aesthetic. New stainless steel three burner stove with oven on a gimble appears never to have been used, and there is adequate refrigeration with good access.
To port there is a generous forward facing chart-table with adequate ambient light and good bracing points for comfort during use in a seaway.
Main Salon has a teak twin drop-leaf dining table on centerline with comfortable seating for up to 8 people and the classic 2 bench/berths + pilot berths to port and starboard will sleep up to 4 adults in comfort. The deck prisms provide great daylighting.
There are two double staterooms - one forward, one aft - with centerline queen berth.
Two heads again one aft to port with integrated shower area and the other forward to starboard affording "en suite" facilities for each stateroom while affording day use by others as well.
Spas and Rigging
– Black anodized aluminum boom and mast with spinnaker pole track.
– Navtec SS Rod rigging with hydraulic backstay adjuster and Hall quick Vang.
– Harken Racing Roller Furler with slip drum
– Two Aluminum Spinnaker Poles and reaching strut
– Full Lewmar Winch inventory upgraded at the factory
– Optional second Genoa tracks fitted at the factory
– Swim Ladder
– Good sail inventory to be confirmed
Electronics and Navigation
– BG Hydra 2 system with main cockpit:
– Main Cockpit: - four (4) digital multi-displays and two (2) analog2 multi, 1 wind,
– Fwd cockpit: - 1 multi, 1 wind
– Nav station – 1 multi
– Speed, depth and wind transducers
– BG Hydra Pilot autopilot with type 2 linier ram.
– Control head in aft cockpit and Nav station
– ACR Nauticat Class B AIS transmitter/receiver (2009)
– Furuno GP-32 GPS – aft cockpit
– Raytheon 1200 radar with 3 kw antenna mounted on radar pole
– Standard Horizon VHF w/DSC at Nav station with intercom at aft cockpit
– Clarion stereo system with CD player and iPod connection
– Speakers in salon and aft cockpit
– Perkins 4.108 45 hp dieselHurst V drive
– Flexible engine mount
– Dripless shaft seal
– Maxprop 3 blade prop
– 2 separate battery banks;
– One 100 AH engine start gel-cell battery
– Four 100 AH gel-cell house batteries
– Heart Freedom 20 inverter/charger
– Heart link 2000 digital controller
– Ample Eliminator auto switch; Blue Line transfer switch
– 30 amp shore power with 120v receptacles
– Automatic Halon fire extinguisher in engine compartment
– Fresh water: 112 US gallons in three tanks
– Hot and cold pressure water system with shower shower sump pump in aft head
– Fresh water pumps; Three (3) Whale foot operated pumps in galley and heads
– One (1) ITT automaticpressure water pump with expansion tank
– Bilge pumps: One (1) primary + (1) secondary electric pumps with auto switch.
– Two (2) Whale diaphragm hand-operated; one in cockpit and one in the salon.
– Fuel tanks: One 45 US gallon and one 17 US gallon SS tank with shut-off valves
– One SS holding tank with three-way tank/overboard valve
– Whale manual tank discharge pump
– Teak decks refurbished 2006. All deck screws removed and holes filled
– Epoxy racing bottom; No gelcoat and all old excess paint removed in 2006
– 54” wheel with elk covering
– Boat cover from mast aft with side curtains
– Sail and wheel covers (2010)
– Dodger (2008)
– Lifelines replaced 2008
– Custom fit cockpit cushion
– Emergency tiller
– 44# Bruce and Fortress FX-23 anchors with 3/8” chain and 250’ 5/8” 3 strand nylon rode
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!