Beneteau First 36.7 -Sought after performance shallow draft version with lots of cruising extras and an enviable Racing Record. Southern Cross has been owned and cared for by one (family) owner and always professionally maintained. Always kept in freshwater marinas (Chesapeake Bay and St Johns River FL). She has full 2005 Specs with upgraded cockpit configuration, lowered wheel with wheel-well.
Southern Cross has an enviable record of scoring more first places than any other position during her racing career, which includes several club championships, many class wins in races such as Governors Cup, as well as CBYRA High-Point Championships (more than once). Winner of the Pierre Le Brott Trophy in 2008 (Overall PHRF Champion on the Chesapeake Bay).
But shes much more than a racer. Shes a comfortable family cruiser! Bruce Farr himself described the design as a Fast Cruising Boat. And true to Farrs intent, Southern Cross has been used extensively as a family cruiser, as well as a successful club racer and CBYRA High-Point Championships contestant. She has lots of cruising extras such as a Carbon Fiber Spinnaker Pole and special Harken Furling that allows you to use full hoist racing sails, or furling genoas.
Southern Cross has never suffered any structural damage and shows clean and cosmetically good. A Boat History Report is available upon request.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 36 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 6 in
LWL: 30 ft 4 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 11 in
Displacement: 11552 lbs
Total Power: 30 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 2005
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 30 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (79 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (10 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 3
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross MISCELLANEOUS
2 Winch handles
Owners record and handbook
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross ENGINE EQUIPMENT
21 gal fuel tank
soundproofed and insulated to CE standards
Engine29 h.p. Volvo 2030 saildrive
Two-blade folding propeller
Hour meter and fuel gauge
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross ELECTRICITY & LIGHTING
12 volt circuit
1 x 70 amp battery engine (Now 110 amp)
1 x 105 amp battery house (Now 110 amp)
14-functions electrical panel
110v shore power
110v battery charger (20 amp)
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross Specifications
Beneteau First 36.7 with Performance Shoal Keel 511 draft.
– One-design class compliant.
– Premier Package Spinnaker Gear with Carbon Fiber Spinnaker Pole.
– Factory fitted anchor bow-roller.
– Electric windlass with handheld control.
– Latest Harken Headsail Furling System in place of standard Tuff Luff Head-foil, this system allows you to use full hoist racing genoas without having to remove the furling drum.
– Hot and Cold pressure water,
– Macerator system for holding tank management while at sea.
– 110V shore power with 2 of 50 cords plus 30/50 amp connector,
– Volvo 2030 29hp sail drive with two blade folding prop.
– Complete new Volvo sail-drive and boot with all through-hull fittings, professionally installed by Volvo dealer (late 2014)
– Stereo AM/FM/CD with two cabin speakers and optional extra two speakers in cockpit.
– Flat-screen TV.
– Raytheon ST60 Tridata (speed, depth, Countdown, etc.).
– ST60 Wind System (Velocity and Angle, apparent and true).
– Garmin 546 Chart-plotter with two mounting positions. (for racing/cruising)
– VHF radio with DSC capability.
– Boat registered MMSI number on record.
– Custom Backstay Adjuster routed to manageable position in cockpit (modification design was accepted by class association for boats with new steering configuration).
– 16:1 mainsail outhaul control upgrade.
– 2012 Doyle Mylar/Kevlar 155% #1 furling Genoa with protective sock,
– 2010 Renegade/Evolution Mylar/Kevlar Main Sail,
– 2004 Neil Pryde Dacron Mainsail,
– 2004 Neil Pryde 140% #2 Dacron furling to storm jib headsail.
– Three well used North One-Design Class Sails (#1 and #3),
– More than adequate Safety equipment,
– Docking and Mooring Gear (enough high quality dock lines for permanent slip (severe storm specification) and full cruising dock line set.
– Five good fenders.
– Electric Windlass (not on a regular 36.7)
– Best in class Rocna 33 lb Anchor with 50 chain 200 line, plus original class minimum aluminum Fortress anchor c/w chain and line.
– 2 Inverters12v to 110 volt. One installable heavy duty inverter available (Not installed)
– Upgraded house batteries (110 AH, instead of 70 AH)
– Canvas (all Sunbrella silver grey): Professionally made spray-dodger. Zip-in Helmsman Bimini. Full width 10 x 12 Boom shade cover, New (2014) mainsail boom cover, winch covers, halyard bags and sheet bags.
– Complete set of cockpit cushions.
– Tank management system (not fully installed).
– Grand Prix race bottom (faired and finished before first launch, by Annapolis Yacht Services).
– Two propane tanks (1 x aluminum, 1 x carbon steel).
– Three USCG approved fire extinguishers
– Loads of flares, radar reflectors and other safety equipment.
– Safety Pack with six, as new life preservers.
– 5 self-inflating personal floating devices.
– Inflatable Dingy in carry-bag c/w oars and manual pump.
– 12v pump for inflatable dingy.
– 3.5 hp Tomatsu outboard engine as good as new.
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross CONSTRUCTION
Hull : Solid fiberglass/GRP with structural hull liner, laminated for load bearing and distribution
Deck : fiberglass/GRP balsa sandwich for rigidity reinforced with unidirectional rovings, weight saving, insulation and soundproofing
Interior Wood: Cherry stained finish
All bulkheads bonded 360 degrees to hull and deck for structural strength
Composite fiber rudder and stock
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross ON DECK
Stainless steel stemhead fitting with roller
Self-bailing anchor locker with cleat
Stainless steel bow pulpit with navigation lights
Teak toe rail along the hull-deck junction
6 Aluminum mooring cleats
Stainless steel stanchions s/s bases and double lifelines
1 2-stage Lewmar racing mainsheet traveller track with ball-bearing car adjustable under tension
2 Lewmar racing genoa sheet tracks adjustable under tension
Mainsail tackle with ball-bearing blocks
2 Lewmar 40 AST maneuvering winches
2 Lewmar 44 AST genoa sheet winches
Spinlock XT deckstoppers
Wichard foldaway padeyes for spinnaker blocks
2 semi-recessed shroud chainplates
Wheel with compass
Self-aligning upper and lower rudder bearings
2 Lazzarette cockpit lockers
Teak helmsman seat
Teak-slatted cockpit seats and lockers
Aft lockers : port for gas bottle, starboard for stowage
Liferaft compartment below helm seat
Stainless steel aft pulpit with aft pulpit opening lifelines and horseshoe buoy holder
Stern light on pulpit
Stainless steel retractable swim ladder
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross SPARS / RIGGING
9/10 fractional rigging
Anodized aluminum boom.
Mast step fitting with Lewmar blocks.
Stainless standing rigging
Sparcraft rigid boom vang
Profurl Genoa furling system
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross Running Rigging
1 Mainsail halyard
2 Genoa halyards
Two speed mainsheet system.
2 Genoa sheets
2 Reefing lines.
1 Outhaul line, vang line
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross SALON
Settee with cushions and back rests.
Removable salon table with folding leaves and stainless steel bar.
Lockers above the seat-backs
Stowage in the settee backs rests
Lewmar opening hatch with blind.
Fixed hull portholes.
Overhead halogen lights.
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross NAV STATION
Chart table with storage.
Space for instruments.
Stowage for charts.
Stowage under nav seat.
12v electrical panel.
Wooden hand rail.
Lewmar opening porthole
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross GALLEY
Double stainless steel rectangular sinks with mixer tap pressurized hot and cold water
Gimbaled 2-burner LPG stove with oven and stowage underneath
12 volt electric refrigerator
Stowage compartments with doors
1 Lewmar opening porthole with roller blind
Wooden hand rail
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross HEAD COMPARTMENT
Fully molded head compartment with USCG approved marine toilet and holding tank(10gal).
Round wash basin with mixer with retractable shower head, pressurized hot and cold water.
12v sump pump for shower.
Towel racks and accessories.
Lewmar opening hatch
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross FORWARD CABIN
Storage under berth
Shelves alongside hull
Opening Lewmar deck hatch
Halogen reading lights
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross AFT CABINS
Shelves along the hull
Stowage space under berth
1 Lewmar porthole opening into the cockpit
1 Lewmar porthole opening into the cabin side
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross PLUMBING
Electric bilge pump
Hand- operated bilge pump
79 gals fresh water capacity
Pressurized water system with expansion tank
12v sump pump for shower
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross ELECTRONICS
Raytheon ST60 Tridata
Raytheon ST60 Wind
Standard Horizon VHF with Antenna
36' Beneteau 36.7 Southern Cross DINGHY
8 ft Zodiak
Tohatsu 3.5 hp outboard
What the BOTY Judges said about the 36.7:
The 36.7 is American made at Beneteaus recently expanded factory in Marion, South Carolina, but her interior has a distinctly European influence. Proceeding down below, we discovered the companionway ladder to be one of the best we found. Its not too steep and has wide curved treads that will be safe in a seaway. The interior plan is well laid out with an obvious emphasis on cruising. Racers will be pleased by the attention given to the removable dining table. Once removed, a brace is left in place to provide a hand hold and to also separate sails stowed atop the laminated cabin sole. To port, the galley is large for this length of boat has an appropriately-sized countertop sporting fiddles that are a full 3 deep. These fiddles are substantial and will definitely keep things from spilling off. The nav station to starboard is spacious and the forward head adequately sized. Twin, mirror image, aft staterooms have large double berths, hanging , and privacy doors. This is sure to be attractive for boat partnering where equal staterooms are a plus. One concession we noticed is the forward vee berth. It is minimal for two averaged-sized adults to sleep in but is a perfect spot to put the kids. All of the onboard systems such as the Volvo sail drive, the DC electrical panel and plumbing runs were properly installed, cleanly led and neatly bundled. The nicely crafted woodwork is done in African mahogany which has an evenly applied cherry stain with a high quality varnished finish.
The literature we were given states that this design incorporates a variety of innovative features at an incredible value. Being a custom boatbuilder myself, its honestly hard to fathom how they build this boat for the price its being offered. Beneteau says that with their proprietary construction methods they need to hit a production rate of 70 boats per year to make the numbers work and if they build 100 they ll do just fine. It looks as though they have hit the targeted market on most points and shouldnt have difficulty reaching their goal. With a high boat-to-dollar ratio, the First 36.7 is sure to yield a lot of value for the buyers dollar, along with some silver as well.