Downeast 1986 Blue Seas Explorer listed by United Yacht Sales (Off Market)
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
The 31 BLUE SEAS DOWNEAST STYLE EXPLORER was built from true craftsman in Maine at BLUE SEAS MARINE. The TORTOISE has a semi-displacement built downeast hull. The boat was built with a full run keel with a protected rudder. The flare of the 31 Blue Seas makes for a dry comfortable ride. The current owner is a knowledgeable seaman and has maintained and cared for his boat.
TORTOISE accommodations are typical for a sedan style motor yacht. Starting from the bow you have the V-berth with filler cushion. PS shelves over the berth and stowage below. There is a quarter berth to the port side. The full head with shower sink and toilet are on the starboard side.
Up the steps is and on the starboard side is the large helm with great visibility. Starboard and aft is the full galley and to port is a large couch for sitting or used as another bunk. The salon door leads to a roomy cockpit for fishing or diving.
– Tasco propane stove/oven with twin 5lb propane tanks with safety shut-off solenoid switch
– Stainless steel deep sink with hot and cold water faucets
– Water filter for fresh water system
– Cabinet and drawer storage
– Teak and holly cabin sole in salon
– Wine glass rack
Electronics & Helm
– Autohelm 5000 autopilot
– Rudder position indicator
– Garmin 125 GPS
– Standard Horizon VHF radio
– AM/FM/Cassette stereo with interior and cockpit speakers
– Uniden VHF radio
– JVC 1800 Color radar
– Horizon digital depth with alarm
– SR Mariner speed and distance log
– Ritchie magnetic compass
– 20" LCD HD TV
– 30 amp 125VAC shore power system with 50' cord
– 125VAC electrical breaker panel
– 125VAC receptacle
– Prowatt 1000 watt inverter
– 125VAC, 12000 BTU Marine reverse cycle air conditioning/heat
– Raritan 6 gallon hot water heater
– Dytek automatic battery charger
– Two 12VDC house batteries
– 12VDC engine start battery
– 12VDC electrical breaker panel
– 12VDC lighting
– 12VDC Ray-line spotlight
– PS windshield wipers
– (3) 12VDC automatic bilge pumps
– 12VDC engine room blower
– 12VDC Horizon 500 electric anchor windlass with remote control at the helm
– Dual electric horns
– 12VDC navigation lights
Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
TORTOISE is powered by a single Volvo Penta FWC TAMD40 turbocharged six cylinder 165HP diesel engine with 2050hrs time since new. This is turning a fully skegged protected 18"x15" 4 blade propeller with a 1 1/2" SS shaft. There is a spare propeller. You have a Racor 900fg diesel fuel filter system. The steering system is hydraulic and the throttle and gear is a single lever morse control. There are seacocks and strainers for the main engine and all pump inlets. There are three separate water tight bulkheads and each has its own automatic bilge pump.
TORTOISE is a very nice well-built very fuel efficient DOWNEAST STYLE boat. It would make a great dive boat or coastal cruiser.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.