In the early 1980s, a group of 10 or so very knowledgeable yachtsmen whom had been sailing Whitbys 42 went to Ted Brewer and had the boat redesigned. The design changes included substituted a cutter rig instead of the Whitbys ketch rig, adding a Brewer bite to the keel resulting in a long fin keel with a skeg-hung rudder, adding a very well designed centerboard. In addition to the visible changes, the boats were re-engineered. The hulls are lighter and stronger, and the weight savings were used to increase ballast and stability.
Today this same magnificent boat has been refitted with all of the modern technologies and amenities. MARATHI is ready to take your friends and family on the cruises that you have always dreamed of.
MARATHI has all of the comforts of modern day and can easily support all of your electronic needs and wants. The Navigation station has been completely redone using a Dell desktop computer as the control center to it all, with use of the autopilot it is possible to sail the Boat from the Navigation station below deck, above deck comes with all new top end equipment that any mariner would dream of.
– Raymarine RL72, 24 mile radar
– AIS, 19"Viewsonic Monitor- Chart-plotter
– SSB/Ham ICOM M802 offshore radio and the ICOM M502VHF with command MIC that is accessible in the cockpit
– 8 X 125 amp Trojan Marine batteries
– XANTREXXM 1800 power Inverter
– 40 amp charger
– 440 Watt Solar panels
– 4.5KW MASE diesel Generator-with less than 80hours
– New Webasto 16000btu AC with heat
– A SEAFROST refrigeration system with a very large storage area
– 2 X 110gallon water tanks with a 48GPD Water-maker
– Custom 10X8 enclosure with new curtains
– full Stainless Steel safety rails all around
– electric sheet winches
– New Mainsail
– New Zodiac WAVE aluminum floor dinghy with a 6HP Tohastu 4-stroke
– Maxwell windlass and 225ft chain
– YANMAR, 4JHE-TE 75HP engine with 1485 hours
– 17 MAX prop that greatly increases efficiency.
– 120 gallon fuel capacity with 2 X 60 Gallon tanks.
– New PSS shaft seal
– New Lewmar hatches
The only thing MARATHI is missing: is YOU!!!
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 6 in
Engine Brand: YANMAR
Engine Model: 4JHE-TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1485
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Aluminum (120 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Aluminum (65 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of twin berths: 2
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Electrical Circuit: 110V