Cruisers 1984 Brewer 42 listed by Edwards Yacht Sales (Off Market)
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
L'Attitude is one of the finest examples of Ted Brewer's classic design. Fort Myers Yacht and Shipbuilding took over the building of the popular Canadian Whitby 42 cruising boat, building it right here in Ft. Myers, FL and retaining everything that made cruisers love it. This one has been painstakingly maintained over the years and tremendously upgraded in the last few months. Anyone considering cruising should look at this boat right away before someone else gets it.
The forward companionway comes down to the saloon between the nav station and galley. The U shaped galley is to port. Just forward of the galley is a large L shaped settee. Forward of the settee is a bulkhead mounted table that folds down and out for dinner. Opposite, on the starboard side of the saloon are 2 fixed seats with a drop down table between them. The drop down table reveals the liquor locker. Just aft of the starboard saloon seats is a proper, forward facing nav station with fixed seat.
Just aft of the nav station is a walkthrough to the owner's aft stateroom. In the walkthrough is access to a very large engine room with a standup workbench opposite against the hull.
The owner's berth is athwartships aft. The owner's head and shower is just forward to port.
Forward of the saloon to port is the day/guest head with doors open to the saloon and guest stateroom. The guest stateroom features a huge vee berth.
– 2 private staterooms with private access to heads with showers
– Owner's queen berth with high density foam folding matress and fitted sheets - NEW 11/10!
– Large vee berth with fitted sheets
– 8 reversible aluminum hatches with custom teak frames, bug screens and canvas covers provide lots of light and ventilation - rubber gaskets NEW 4/11!
– 17 opening portlights with screens and UV lined curtains for light and ventilation
– 3 dorades with stainless steel cowls for ventilation even when hatches and ports are closed
– 16,000 btu reverse cycle Mermaid marine airconditiong with digital control in saloon and guest staterooom - NEW 2/11!
– 9,000 btu reverse cycle marine air conditioning in owner's stateroom
– 21 12 vdc cabin lights (8 Alpenglow!) everywhere including the engine room - 6 CFL lights replaced incandescents NEW 3/11!
– Hella 12 VDC fans in every cabin
– Ultrasuede upholstery in saloon - NEW 2007!
– Tons of storage in lighted hanging lockers, drawers, utility lockers all over the boat
– Lee cloth for saloon settee sea berth
– 3 burner Princess gimballed propane stove with oven and broiler NEW 2007!
– 7 cu. ft. top and front loading refrigerator - not working
– 3 cu. ft. top loading freezer - not working
– Contoure stainless steel microwave oven - NEW 12/10!
– Galley faucet and footpump - NEW 10/10!
– Double stainless steel sink
– Opening hatch and portlight in galley vent cooking heat and smoke outside
– Simrad AP24 autopilot linked to chartplotter - controller, AC12 Course Computer adn RC42 Course Compass NEW 10/10!
– Milltech AIS receiver with splitter on PC - NEW 2008!
– Furuno 1723C color chartplotter/36 nm radar/ depth sounder with C-Map charts for US East Coast, Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico
– Standard Horizon Spectrum DSC VHF with loudhailer at nav station with full control RAM Mic mounted at helm
– ICOM IC-M700 ProSSB with insulated backstay antenna
– ACR 406 EPIRB with GPS - re-certified 10/10!
– Ritchie lighted compass on binnacle
– Alpine AM/FM/CD stereo with 2 Bose speakers in saloon speakers in cockpit
– Alpine versatile link controller
– Sirius Satellite radio tuner adapter antenna
– Sharp Aquos 20" flat panel TV
– Custom Blue Sea 12 vdc control panel and wiring - $5,400! - NEW 4/11!
– Westerbeke 4.4 kw generator
– Heart Freedom 25 inverter/charger
– 2 4D gel house batteries - NEW 2009!
– Group 24 maintenance free engine start battery - NEW 2/10!
– Group 24 maintenance free generator start battery - NEW 2/10!
– E-meter battery monitor - NEW 2005!
– Balmar 100 amp high output alternator - NEW 2004!
– Ford Lehman 85 hp diesel engine - 2,500 hrs since rebuild!
– Engine exhaust hoses - NEW 2006!
– Engine mixing elbow - NEW 3/11!
– Engine starter relay solenoid - NEW 2007!
– Engine oil cooler - NEW + spare 2008!
– 2 Racor 500 series water separator/fuel filters in manifold - NEW 3/11
– Hurth transmission - NEW 2006!
– Engine exhaust thruhull - NEW 4/10!
– 3 blade feathering Maxprop - REBUILT 2007!
– Spare 3 blade fixed prop
– Village Marine Little Wonder 150 5gph watermaker -REBUILT with NEW MEMBRANE 3/11!
– 6 gal 110 vac/engine water heater
– Full batten main with Harken roller battcars and 2 reefs - NEW 2006, restitched 10/10!
– Full batten mizzen with Harken roller battcars - NEW 2006, restitched 10/10!
– Main mizzen stack pack type with integral lazy jacks - NEW 2006 replaced zippers and lazy jacks 10/10!
– 130% jib UV cover replaced 2004 - restitched 2010!
– 130%staysail UV cover replaced 2004 - restitched 2010!
– Asymmetrical cruising spinnaker - used once by previous owner!
– Profurl roller furlers on jib and staysail
– 10 Lewmar winches, main sheet winches self-tailing
– Factory installed fiberglass hard bimini
– Custom polycarbonate full cockpit enclosure with sunshades and mosquito nets - NEW ($4,400!) 2/11
– Hi density foam cockpit cushions with Sunbrella covers - NEW 1/11!
– Leather steering wheel cover
– Edson cast aluminum dinghy davits - NEW 2008, repaired 2011!
– Magma Catalina propane grill on stern rail - Sunbrella cover NEW 3/11!
– Freshwater shower in cockpit
– MOB pole throwable ring - NEW 10/10!
– Viking 6 person liferaft - NEW 1/11!
– Lofrans Tigres windlass with up/down switches - NEW 2009!
– 55# Delta anchor - NEW 2009!
– 225' 3/8" BBB chain - NEW 2007!
– Bruce 20 kg anchor - NEW 2008!
– 80' 3/8" Hi tensile chain and 140' rope rode - NEW 2006!
– Salt water washdown at bow
– Personal items
– Dinghy outboard motor
– Galley dishes, flatware, pots pans
Find out about different sailboat types, most popular sailboat brands and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide. Find out about different sailboat types, sail vs power boat, most popular sailboat brands, what do you need to own a sailboat and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide.