Center Cockpit 1982 Bristol 41.1
Off Market since Nov 24th 2022
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
The KEEP ON DANCIN' is a 1982 model BRISTOL 41.1 Center-Cockpit sailing yacht. This model has been very well-regarded over the years for her comfort, sailing sea-keeping abilities and, of course, the excellent production quality that was more typical of "semi-custom" vis "production" yachts of her day. Designed by Ted Hood and Dieter Empacher, the "41.1" was designed as "standard" with her keel-centerboard configuration and draws some 4'6" "board up". The BRISTOL 41.1 proved to be a very popular model and was produced in a number of versions through the early 1990's.
The present Owner of the KEEP ON DANCIN' purchased her some 21 years ago. He's the 3rd Owner since "new" and has been quite diligent with her overall maintenance and upkeep on his watch over the years. Major investments include all new electronics (circa 2005), the addition of a LEISURE FURL Mainsail System in 2005 and installation of the custom stainless steel opening ports.
The KEEP ON DANCIN' is in the process of being commissioned for this Season. She was just launched last week.
The KEEP ON DANCIN' has FLAG BLUE topsides that have an AWLGRIP finish. The overall condition is well above-average for a yacht of her vintage.
The hull is constructed with (5) layers of fiberglass that is hand laid-up. VINYLESTER resin is utilized so osmotic blistering issues are quite rare with BRISTOL's in general also due to long-term curing of the hull post-layup in the mold. The deck / hull joint is both through-bolted and fiberglassed. The bolts are installed with 6" centers/ The teak toe rail is also bolts on 6" centers so the actual joint is secured every 3" with a mechanical fastener.
The centerboard assembly is a "non-ballast" construction as built with a fiberglass blade and reinforced with a metal core. A friction winch is all that is necessary to raise lower the board itself.
The bottom of the yacht has a primary RED coat and a BLACK "flash" coat underneath. The bottom is also in superior condition.
– Fiberglass hull, hand-laid up with no coring materials
– FLAG BLUE AWLGRIP finish ( note: approximately 1999-2000 )
– WHITE Boot-Top w/ AWLGRIP finish
– Cove stripe
– RED Bottom
– Keel-Centerboard configuration (4.5' to 10', board down)\
– Teak rub rail w/ stainless steel striker plate ( note: Factory Option )
– Skeg-mounted rudder
– Bronze bilge drain plug, custom
The exterior teak of the KEEP ON DANCIN' is also in superior condition with her recent varnish work.
– WHITE Gelcoat finish
– BRISTOL YACHTS "high flared teak toe rails", 4" height, varnished ( note: Factory Option )
– All exterior teak, varnished
– (2) Dorade vents, stainless steel w/ fiberglass drainage boxes stainless steel guards
– Companionway pen boards, (2) sections, custom teak with high-quality marine ply construction, varnished ( note: lockable from interior for "offshore" standards )
– Custom Companionway "clear" inserts with teak trim, varnished
– Bow pulpit, double-rail, stainless steel
– Lifelines, double @ upper lower (n ote: new in 2020 )
– Boarding gates, port starboard
– Stern rail, double-rail, stainless steel
– Boarding gate at transom integral to the stern rail
– Stanchions, stainless steel ( note: 26" height )
– (2) Body / Safety rails at the mainmast, port starboard, 33" height, stainless steel
– Handrails on cabin top, teak, varnished, full-length
– Provision for mounting life-raft on deck ( note: aft section of deck area w/ 4x securing pad-eyes, stainless steel )
– (2) Safety Line / Tether securing pad-eyes, at forward section of the Coachroof, stainless steel
– (2) Cleats, aluminum, 12" ( note: forward )
– (4) Cleats, aluminum, 9" ( note: amidships aft )
– (4) Chocks, custom stainless steel for BRISTOL YACHTS for spring lines amidships stern lines
– Bow stemhead fitting, stainless steel w/ integral (2) line chocks, tack fitting bow anchor roller
– (8) Opening ports, custom stainless steel
– (6) BOMAR deck hatches; (2) for the large Lazarette locker access (4) for the Fore Cabin Salon ventilation
– (4) Portlights, fixed for Aft Cabin Salon
– Wheel steering, EDSON 32" w/ Elk hide wrap
– White painted pedestal w/ stainless steel Binnacle Guard w/ EDSON Pod for RAYMARINE E80 Display
– RITCHIE Compass, "Powerdamp" model, 5"
– Brake for wheel
The BRISTOL 41.1 was produced with the "trademark" superb BRISTOL YACHTS joinery. The interior teak surfaces are with matching grains and varnished with both satin gloss applications as appropriate. This Owner has expended considerable effort to the maintaining and improvement of the interior appointments over the years .. and it shows.
The Cabin Sole throughout is constructed of a solid teak w/ ash inlay wood process w/ an underlying marine plywood base. The thickness of the teak inlaid ash is 3/8". There is no thin veneer to to easily damage; given the depth of the teak inlaid holly, any blemished can easily be sanded out.
– Varnished teak interior joinery throughout
– Matching grains for all joinery
– Teak ceilings throughout ( note: individual teak strips laid up on side of hull interior assist in hull insulation )
– Headroom: 6'5"
– Fabric: AQUAMARINE cloth upholstery
– Lee cloths for settees / berths, port starboard
– Table, teak w/ (2) folding leaves
– Storage cabinetry w/ rattan for proper ventilation
– Teak ceilings
– Large V-berth
– V-berth insert w/ cushion ( note: the insert stores in a custom rack overhead )
– Hanging locker
– Storage cabinets
– Teak ceilings
– Headroom: 6'4"
– Transom Berth: 6'3" L (port to starboard) x 60" W (fore aft)
– Fabric: DARK BLUE VELOUR cloth upholstery for the Transom Berth
– Fabric: DARK BLUE SUNBRELLA cloth upholstery for the settee
– Teak ceilings
– Hanging locker
– Storage drawers
– Curtains for the opening ports portlights
– The BRISTOL 41.1 CC is provided with a large Galley that's located in the passageway that leads from the Salon to the Aft-Cabin on the starboard side. SHIPMATE Stove w/ oven, propane (3) burner, stainless steel gimbaled
– FORMICA Cover for stove top
– Remote propane gas shut-off switch
– SEA-FROST Refrigeration, dual evaporator plates, air-cooled with water-cooling option ( note: per Owner, never used water-cooling )
– Sinks, double stainless steel
– Manual water via foot-pump
– Icebox drain via hand-pump
– Icebox w/ dual acesss lids, unit lined w. stainless steel w/ teak slats (removable)
– Butcher block cutting board
– The BRISTOL 41.1 was produced with (2) Heads. Both are ensuite to the respective Fore Aft Cabins. The Fore Cabin Head has an entrance door from the Salon as well. RARITAN Marine Head, manual
– Holding Tank System w/ "Y" valves, 20 USG
– EDSON Whaler manual pump for tank discharge offshore
– Vanity w/ storage underneath
– Vanity sink, stainless steel
– FORMICA Countertops
– Shower w/ sump pumps
– Opening port
Rig, Rigging, Winches Sails
The KEEP ON DANCIN' has the standard BRISTOL 41.1 anodized aluminum rig with a single set of spreaders, internal halyards and is keel-stepped.
The 1x19 stainless steel standing rigging consists of forward aft lower shrouds, upper shrouds forward aft stays.
Sail Plan Dimensions: I-53.00;, P=45.00', E=15.25' J=16.83'
Sail Area (100% F/T): 789 Sq / Ft
Mast Height from DWL: 59.50' ( note: not including wind instruments or antennas )
A major upgrade as provided by this Owner to facilitate sailing the yacht with a light crew is the LEISURE FURL Roller-Furling Boom unit by FORESPAR. The system, to include the FORESPAR boom vang, was installed in 2005. The given sail plan dimensions and sail areas provided will differ slightly from the published "standard" details accordingly.
Rigging Sail Handling
– Fold-down mast steps, aluminum ( note: alternate spacing enable ascent to the top of the mast )
– SCHAEFER 3100 Roller-furling for the jib / genoa
– Standing rigging, 1x19 stainless steel
– FORESPAR LEISURE FURL Mainsail Management System ( note: new in 2005, mainsail furls into the boom assembl y has a separate Off-White SUNBRELLA cover)
– (2) LEWMAR Spinlock line-stoppers for LEISURE FURL System ( note: located w/ the ANDERSEN electric winch for main halyard roller-furl line )
– FORESPAR Boom vang, rigid oil / spring, heavy-duty ( note: to also support the LEISURE FURL boom without a topping lift )
– Halyards: main, (2) jib / genoa spinnaker ( note: main in process of being replaced )
– Genoa sheets ( note: replaced, Summer 2021 )
– (1) Flag halyard to starboard spreader (note: provision for 2nd halyard to port spreader)
– Topping lift for the boom ( note: in process of being replaced )
– Topping lift for the whisker pole
– HARKEN Mainsheet Traveler System w/ 4:1 Cross-hauls for the HARKEN ball-bearing traveler car
– HARKEN Mainsheet System w/ 6:1 purchase tackle
– Genoa tracks, inboard 10' aluminum, w/ cars, adjustable
– (2) Deck-mounted line turning blocks, custom stainless steel ( note: mounted aft )
– Whisker pole, anodized aluminum ( note: mounted on deck, starboard side forward )
Winches (LEWMAR ANDERSEN)
– (2) L55 AST (3) speed Primary Jib / Genoa,
– (2) L46 CST (2) speed Mainsheet
– (4) L40 C Halyard / line winches (2) speed ( note: mounted on the mast )
– ANDERSEN 46 CST Electric (2) speed ( note: mounted on Coachroof, starboard side, used for the LEISURE FURL Mainsail System)
– Reel winch, MERRIMAN friction-type ( note: mounted on the Coachroof, port side aft used for centerboard operations )
The KEEP ON DANCIN' has had light use over the years and the sails (main genoa are in very good condition.
– Main w/ full horizonal battens for LEISURE FURL System (2005)
– Genoa, 160%, QUANTUM (2000), Dacron, Roller-furling w/ tabling cover ( note: replaced 2018 )
– Cruising Spinnaker, U-K SAILMAKERS, .75 oz. Nylon ( note: aboard yacht when purchased in 2000 per Owner, "never out of the bag used" )
The RAYMARINE ST-60 Speed / Log, AWI / WS Depth units are all installed in a custom instrument console w/ a varnished teak facia piece located at the Companionway entrance.
The backstay is insulated and with a grounding plate to facilitate a SSB (or similar) installation.
The RAYMARINE electronics the VHF were all installed in the 2004-05 timeframe
– Communication VHF; STANDARD Horizon Eclipse w/ remote mike at Helm Station
– RAYMARINE ST-60 Speed / log
– RAYMARINE ST-60 AWI / WS
– RAYMARINE E80 GPS ChartPlotter ( note: mounted in EDSON Pod at the Helm Station )
– RAYMARINE Radar (n ote: the Radome mounted on the mast )
– GARMIN 276C GPS ( note: at the Nav Station )
– RAYMARINE ST-60 Depth-sounder
– RAYMARINE ST-6000 ( note: control box to port of the Helm Station )
– Stereo System, FUSION MS-RA200 w/ (2) speakers in Salon (2) in Cockpit
– The BRISTOL 41.1 is provided with both a 12 VDC Ship's Service and 110 VAC Shore Power System.(6) Batteries, ROLLS 12 VDC: Ship's Service / Utility (total about 600 AH), Engine Start Generator Start (n ote: the anchor windlass is powered via a heavy-duty cable run forward to the unit )
– Battery charger, VICTRON ENERGY 2000 MultiPlus, 80 AH ( note: charger Inverter in same MultiPlus unit )
– Inverter, VICTRON ENERGY 2000 MultiPlus, 50 AH
– Shore Power w/ 30 AH service cord
– Interior 110 VAC outlets throughout
– (5) BASS Electrical panels, (2) DC (2) AC (1) Main ( note: all located at the Nav Station )
– (2) GUEST Power Switches, 12 VDC for "Ship's Service" "Engine Start"
The generator is installed under the Aft Cabin berth
– WESTERBEKE WMD-4.4 kW Genset w/ (2) cylinder FWC diesel
– Capacity: 4.4 kW - 110 VAC
– Hours: 1047
– Insulated installation compartment
– Alternator 50 AH
– Fresh water capacity: 150 USG in (3) tanks ( note: (1) tank forward, (2) tanks amidships, port starboard )
– Hot cold pressure water system w/ hot water heat off of the engine 110 VAC
– Hot water heater, (6) USG ( note: off engine Shore Power )
– Bilge pumps: (1) manual (in Cockpit). (1) electric / automatic
– Shower sump pump, electric ( note: both Showers use the same pump )
– Washdown pump, salt water ( note: outlet mounted in the bow anchor well )
– Nav lights ( note: LED bulbs )
– Tricolor Masthead Nav Light
– Masthead light ( note: integral w/ Tricolor Light w/ separate panel switch )
– Spreader lights
– Foredeck light
– Steaming light ( note: integral with Foredeck light assembly )
– Overhead dome light in Aft Head
– Lights: (2) Forward Cabin, (2) Forward Head, (2) Salon, (1) Aft Cabin
– Dome light: (1) Aft Head
– Fluorescent: (1) Aft Cabin, Nav Station Galley
The KEEP ON DANCIN' does have a CRUISAIR 110 VAC reverse-cycle heat air conditioning for the Salon. However, it has not been used "in years" and is not represented to be functioning.
– (3) Fans, 12 VDC throughout
The KEEP ON DANCIN' is powered by a WESTERBEKE Model 63C (4) cylinder FWC marine diesel rated at 63 HP at 3500 RPM. This engine was installed in the mid-1990's prior to this Owner's purchase of the yacht in 2000. Since acquisition, the yacht has logged some 250 hours or so on the engine to bring the total to the number indicated below.
– Hours: 763
– Propeller, (3) blade, bronze
– Propeller shaft, 1-1/4" stainless steel
– Line cutters on prop shaft
– RACOR fuel filter
– Insulated engine room
– Alternator BALMAR 90 AH w/ BALMAR ARS5 Smart Regulator
– Engine exhaust elbow (2015)
– Exhaust anti-syphon unit (2015)
– Ground Tackle LOFRANS Anchor windlass, TIGRES 1200 Watt w/ dual cats for all chain or rope rodes, 12 VDC w/ "up" "down" foot controls on deck
– MANTUS swivel for main anchor rode, stainless steel ( 2021 )
– CQR Plow anchor, 60# w/ 150'+ high-tensile chain rode
– FORTRESS anchor, 23# w/ rode
– Bow sprit, stainless steel w/ integral rollers
– Bow anchor well w/ separate hawse pipe on deck for rope rode
Canvas (Light Tan SUNBRELLA)
– Connector section for Dodger Bimini
– (2) Covers for the Cockpit storage spaces
– USCG gear
– KIDDE Fire extinguishers
– Emergency tiller
– (4) Buoyant cushions, throwable
– Radar reflector
– Dock lines fenders
– Boat hook
– Cockpit table, teak, varnished folding ( note: mounted on the binnacle )
– Boarding ladder, custom stainless steel ( note: designed to be mounted on port side at the amidships boarding gate location )
– Dinghy davits, custom GARHAUER w/ block tackle, stainless steel ( note: installed at the deck area at the transom, removable )
– Barometer ( note: in Salon, starboard side forward )
– EDSON Outboard motor mount ( note: installed on stern rail, starboard side )
– Dinghy / Tender (note: as shown in photos)
Find out about different sailboat types, most popular sailboat brands and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide. Find out about different sailboat types, sail vs power boat, most popular sailboat brands, what do you need to own a sailboat and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide.