Bond Boats presents this Cruisers 1996 Catalina 36 Mkii boat for sale.
Contact Bond Boats with any questions about this Catalina 36 Mkii by filling up the Contact form
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
This beautiful and well-equipped Catalina 36 MKII is available for your next Island cruising adventure!
“Champagne” is an easily handled cruising vessel with plenty of amenities, from her relaxing cockpit and sail management plan to her roomy interior layout, whether enjoying a pleasurable sail or entertaining at anchor.
The Catalina MKII is an award-rated boat design featuring a large cockpit, full galley, 2 interior cabins (4 births), and a large seating salon (converts to +3 births), comfortable for friends and guests. Forward deck space is plentiful for fishing, sunning, gazing at the stars, or just enjoying your newly found surroundings. The walk-thru transom and built-in swim platform is a favorite amongst Catalina owners with its ease of swimming/diving, boarding your dingy for local adventures, or transferring needed provisions.
“Champagne” has been family-owned for 21 years, almost since new. She has been professionally maintained, with full-service records, including highlights such as all new/upgraded electronics, rigging to cockpit, portals, hatches, batteries, wiring, recent engine servicing, and too many items to list. She has a proven track record as a reliably recorded vessel for coastal and Island-hopping cruises.
Manufacturer Provided Description
Because the Catalina 36 is easily handled by a couple, has a big comfortable cockpit, a spacious interior with two private cabins and the integrity to pursue cruising dreams, many experienced sailors consider the Catalina 36 the perfect boat for their sailing lifestyle. The Catalina 36 MkII has all the important characteristics that made the original the most popular 36-foot sailboat in the world. The Mark II Catalina 36 is built in the same seakindly moderate displacement hull. It tracks surely and performs well in a variety of conditions. The deck is the classic trunk cabin configuration - proven, comfortable and functional. The main cabin and galley have received special attention to design and detail. The galley is a functional 'U' shape, with composite countertops, the sinks are near centerline for proper drainage underway. A large refrigerated ice box is aft and a dry food locker is forward. A gimballed, stainless steel LPG stove with oven is standard equipment. The main cabin can be arranged with a dinette or traditional table. The two seats and game table to starboard can be made into a settee or berth with the cushions provided. The entertainment center cabinet can be fitted with a stereo and concealed TV. The main cabin and all interior teak has the warmth and durability only obtained with multiple coats of varnish. The 36 has stainless steel hand rails and anodized spars, reducing maintenance on deck and extending the sailing season. The mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems have been re-engineered to increase dependability and accessibility. Engine access, for example, is excellent, with the one-piece, insulated enclosure removed. The hull is rugged, hand-laminated, solid fiberglass; the keel is lead with integrally cast stainless steel bolts. The mast is stepped through the deck on the keel and has inline spreaders and fore and aft lower shrouds, a sturdy arrangement that is easy to tune.Additional Information
Electronics and Navigation
· Garmin Chartplotter GPSMAP 7608xsv combo, 8-inch, multi-touch, built-in dual CHIRP sonar DownVu SideVu (2019)
· Garmin GMR Fantom Radar (2019)
· Garmin Reactor 40 Autohelm + Garmin GHC 20 (2019)
· Garmin Gwind/GMI20 (2019)
· Garmin Gt15M-IH Transducer (2019)
· Standard Horizon Matrix VHF AIS GX2150 RG59U coaxial cable antenna (2019)
· Guest ChargePro Battery Charger (2019)
· NMEA Backbone
· Guest ChargePro Battery Charger (2019)
· 2 D-cell main batteries and separate Starter Battery terminal cables (2019)
· Rewired Main Panel (2019)
Sailing Rig Gear
· Main Jib sails
· Main Reefs (2)- VPC reefing lines (2016)
· Jib Main Halyards (2018)
· Standing Rigging re-masted inspected (2018)
· All Sail Control Lines Lead to Cockpit
· Replaced most all Lewmar portholes hatches (2016-2019)
· Anchors-45 lb Lewmar CQR w/100 ft 5/16 4-G Chain, 200 ft 5/8 3 Strand Nylon Oversized Mantus Swivel
· 44 lb Spade S100 w/100 5/16 4-G Chain 100? 5/8 Nylon
· 10lb Danforth w/ Bracket (on Cockpit Rail) , 10 ft Stainless Chain 200 ft 1/2 in nylon
· Maxwell Windlass w/ Capstan
· Harken Furling for Jib
· Tri-color/ Anchor Navigation Lights
· Andersen 28ST Self Tailing Winch
· Lewmar 40s 14 Self Tailing Winches
· Self Tailing Winch Mast Mounted
· Cockpit Freshwater Washdown Spigot
· Magma Gas Grill
· Binnacle Compass
· Stern rail seats
· Large swim platform with ladder
· Kuma Water Heater (2018)
· Electric Fresh Water Toilet (2015)
· Kenwood Stereo (2019) with inside speakers
· Lewmar port hatches/screens – replaced due to lenses crazing (2015-2019)
· Propane Two-Burner Stove w/ Oven and propane Tank (recertified 2018)
· Replaced most all Lewmar portholes hatches (2015-2019)
· Newer lights thru-out boat (various years)
· Replaced salon cockpit refinished settee tables (2020)
· Double Stainless sinks in galley
· Alder Barbour Fridge/Freezer
· Two Extinguishers (2021)
· Diaphram Bilge Pump and Spare
· Carbon Monoxide Alarms
· Jack Lines
· Emergency Tiller
Sunbrella (Marine Blue color):
· Dodger with full cover
· Cockpit Shade (attaches to Dodger)
· Binnacle and sail cover
· Hatch and winch covers
· Cockpit cushions
· Hatch board/Companionway cover
· Rudder Packing Serviced (2018)
· Ritchie Compass w /Light at Nav Station
· Weems Plath Clock, Barometer Thermometer
· Weems Plath gimbaled oil lamps
· Cushions to make saloon table into birth (2) settee into birth (1)
· Have (new in box) Edison chain steering cables
· Garhauer Motor Lift
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!
Find out about different sailboat types, most popular sailboat brands and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide. Find out about different sailboat types, sail vs power boat, most popular sailboat brands, what do you need to own a sailboat and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide.