Racers and Cruisers 1983 Catalina 36 listed by Cruising Yachts, Inc. (Off Market)
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
If your love is for sailing, with the afternoon sun and wind on your brow, then you will fall in love with Amante ! The cleanest 1983 Catalina 36 that you will find on the market . She will certainly turn heads as you pull into any marina.
The Catalina 36 was voted Cruising boat of the 1990s and with over 2200 Cat 36 built from 1982-2006, Amante is a perfect example of what to look for in a very well kept boat. Amante was purchased in 06 by her current owner and has gone thru many upgrades , showing pride of ownership thru and thru!
She is VERYworth while to come and see ... give us a call today !
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Frank Butler
LOA: 36 ft 4 in
Beam: 11 ft 11 in
LWL: 30 ft 3 in
Displacement: 13500 lbs
Ballast: 6000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
Total Power: 25 HP
Engine Brand: Universal 3cyl
Year Built: 1983
Engine Model: M25XP
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 25 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (78 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (32 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (20 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Traditional Cat. 36 sloop interior layout. Port of companionway is a full U shape working galley, adjacent to starboard in the inline chart table with access to aft athwartship double berth. Large U shape salon port mid ship with table that drops down to convert to a double berth. Long settee to starboard midship with the middle section that raises to covert to a game table with 2 seats. Forward port is full head with ample storage to starboard and large V- berth
– Teak and Holly sole
– Teak interior
– 2006 Ultra leather Salon (cream )
– AKAI TV DVD
– 2008 Electric FRESH water head / new sink faucets
Great U shaped galley to port of companionway . Great for working underway or on the hook. Ample storage and working counter surface.
– Deep double SS sink
– (2008) LPG 2-burner stove oven
– Adler Barbour refrigeration / freezer
– (2008) Corian-like counter tops installed
Electrical and Engine
In line Nav Station, starboard of companionway. Chart table offers great storage with desk and drawers. 12v /110 panel is at your finger tips.
– Aug 2007 .. New Seaward Electrical Panel / New Breakers $1574 May 2013 ...(1) 24V Starter Battery $85
(4) 6 V US-125XC 242 ah ... HouseBank
– Freedom Inverter / Charger
Universal 25 hp M25XP 3cyl S/N 410374 (2,932 hr )
– Approx .6 gal/ hr fuel consumption
– Bronze 3 blade Autostream feathering prop
– Oct 2014 ..full service by Chucks Marine $1113
Deck and Hull and Sails
The Catalina 36 hull is built of a solid laminate with fiberglass andresin. No balsa or foam core is used in the hull composite. Large cockpit for entertaining and easy to maneuver around.
– (April 2007) . New Off Shore Dodger w/side and aft rails / Wheel Cover and Cockpit (in Black)Cover $5,061
– Teak bird seats designed for the stern rail
– (2009) Bottom Sider Closed Cell Cockpit Cushions
– Teak Cockpit fold down table
– Teak cockpit grates
On deck the Catalina 36 features wide side decks, double lifelines and a molded toe rail for safety. There is an anchor locker and double stainless steel roller at the bow for easy handling and storage of ground tackle. All halyards are led to winches at the companionway and the mainsheet traveler is mounted forward of the companionway to keep controls out of the cockpit.
– (9/2007) Capstan 1000 Electric Windlass .. $1360
– 30 # Bruce / chain rode
– Schaefer traveler
– Garhauer rigid boom vang
– Schaefer 2100 furling head system
– (2) Harken #32 ST cabin top winches
– (2) Lewmar #48 ST Primaries
– (2)Lewmar #40 ST Secondary winches (aft of Primaries)
– Adjustable jib sheet cars
The Catalina 36 is rigged as a masthead sloop with a single spreader mast and fore and aft lower shrouds.
– (July 2012) Rigging inspected and removed and replaced forward and aft lower shrouds $1172. (old history of standing rig replaced in 2004 w/ prior owner)
– (Nov 2007) NEW Full Batten Main $2333.
– (Jan 2012) 3 part LazyJack system added $500
– 130% furling jib with new sun cover (Jan 2008) $1406
Bottom Paint: June 2014 1-coat Micron 66
– 6/2014 New Cutless bearing / PSS seal / and add Prop treatment with Pettit Zinc Coast Barnacle Barrier spray
– Datamarine .. Knotmeter (windspeed and depth sounder appear to have problems)
– Autohelm 4000 Autopilot
– Stern mounted Furuno Radar 1621
– Garmin Chartplotter
– Standard Horizon VHF with Ram Mic
– Ritchie Compass
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.