Cruisers 1990 Catalina 42 - 3 Cabin
Off Market since Nov 24th 2022
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
"Melelana" is a lovely vessel that has seen the best of care by her present owners for the last 20 years. One would be hard pressed to find a 42 Catalina in as nice a condition and ready to sail away. They have continually upgraded her through the years and it shows.
Three other things that stand out on this vessel are 1) 3 private cabins, 2) Low engine hours 3) Shoal draft. If you are looking for a Catalina 42, don't pass this beauty by!
She is located in Solomons, Md. Please contact the listing Broker, Laird Larrimore, to set up a showing.
Walking through the boat, starting in the forepeak and working our way aft to the transom;
Forward is a storage locker under and behind the anchor locker and accessed via a mirrored door in the master head. Next is the very large master head. The shower area is forward with bench seat followed by the vanity with sink to starboard and toilet opposite to port. Plenty of storage in cabinets outboard and under. Her large overhead hatch gives her excellent ventilation.
The Master stateroom is aft of the head and is a full athwartships room. There is a large double Pullman berth to port, outboard shelf, forward bulkhead shelf for TV and drawers under. The starboard side is all lockers with drawers, hanging locker and seat. Here too there is excellent ventilation via 4 opening ports and 2 overhead hatches.
The main salon is extremely large and very accomodating. She has an L-shaped dinette to port, shelves outboard. A fixed drop leaf table and mid-ships bench with back allows 6 to dine in comfort. Opposite the dinette is her starboard side galley, reaching the full length of the salon. Lovely soft blue cushions, teak cabinetry and teak and holly sole greet you with warmth yet she is bright and airy. Here too one will find opening ports and 2 overhead hatches.
Aft of the dinette is her navigation station with electric panel, followed by a 2nd stateroom with double berth, locker, outboard shelf and 2 opening ports. Aft of the galley and opposite the Navigation station is the 2nd head with vanity, sink, toilet and telephone shower. Aft of the head is the 3rd stateroom with double berth, seat, locker, outboard shelf and 2 opening ports.
Access to the engine is via the centerline companionway steps as well as 2 access points in the starboard aft cabin. She has a wonderfully large and comfortable T-shaped cockpit allowing for a large wheel. Teak cockpit grate, 2 aft lockers for extra deck gear, walk out transom to her scooped platform for ease in boarding or swimming. Her combings are angled appropriately for one to sit on the windward side comfortably. Her well thought out design with low profile cabin gives you excellent site lines from the cockpit. Access around the foredeck is made easy by her wide decks and flat surface.
All this coupled with her shoal draft winged keel which makes her a great boat for all occasions, be it extended cruising in the Bahamas, or comfort and privacy for the family, or maybe you just enjoy inviting your friends to join you for a relaxing weekend cruise. She is capable of all this and is easily handled by one or two people. I should mention she is a great sailing vessel as well.
Her large galley has plenty of cabinet space for storage as well as counter space for food preparation;
– Large insulated box with refrigeration
– Seaward 3 burner stove with oven
– Princess microwave
– Double stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water and backup foot pump
Sails and Rigging
– Quantum Main 2008 lightly used since bought and serviced by Quantum
– Quantum Roller Furling Genoa 2008 Lightly used since bought and serviced by Quantum
– Stack Pack canvas done in 2016
– Older set of sails serviceable and good spares
– Spinnaker pole stored on Starboard deck
– Aluminum spar stepped on the keel
– Double spreader rig
– All lines led aft to the cockpit for ease in single handing
– Boon vang
– #52 Lewmar self-tailing primary winches
– Self-tailing winches on cabin top for halyards
– Cabin top mounted traveler
Electronics and Electrical
– 2017 - B G Vulcan 7 Chartpotter, NMEA 2000 GPS map and Autopilot integrated
– 2017 - B G Triton T41 Multifunction display
– 2017 - Raymarine Evolution autopilot with remote
– 2017 - B G Triton T41 Multifunction display
– 2017 - B G V50 VHF/AIS receiver
– Mastervolt MasterView Easy MKII
– 2017 - Raymarine Handheld autopilot Smart Controller
– Cabra MR HH350FT handheld VHF
– Kenwood Stereo with speakers
– TV available
– 110V shore power with cord
– Batteries with parallel switch
– 11 gallon hot water tank
– Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with side stanchions and double life lines
– Stainless steel life lines have been replaced
– Teak Bow pulpit seat
– Plow anchor with chain and rode
– Dodger 2016
– Bimini 2016
– Connector for dodger and bimini 2016
– Pedestal canvas cover
– Dock lines
– Life jackets
– Safety equipment (flares, fire extinguishers etc)
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Find out about different sailboat types, most popular sailboat brands and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide. Find out about different sailboat types, sail vs power boat, most popular sailboat brands, what do you need to own a sailboat and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide.