Cruisers 1989 Catalina MK II
Off Market since Nov 24th 2022
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
"Just Chillin" has been very well maintained and upgraded in the last few years. Her owners bought her to test the waters, so to speak, and see if their family enjoyed sailing. As it turns out, they all loved this boat and sailing, so much so, that they have now purchased a larger Catalina. She is ready and waiting for the next family to start sailing and enjoying being on the water.
Starting forward is a private stateroom with V-berth and overhead hatch for great ventilation. Moving aft there is a large hanging locker to starboard and the fully enclosed head to port. Entering the Salon she has an L-shaped dinette to port with a large bulkhead mounted table that can accommodate seating and dining from the dinette as well as the settee to starboard. Lovely teak joinery bulkheads and shelving outboard of the dinette and settee. All the way aft is a large U-shaped galley to port. Opposite to starboard is the navigation station as well as a tremendous quarter berth that extends under the cockpit.
She is a very roomy 30 footer as Catalina maximized the beam and carried it aft. Her teak Cabinetry and upgraded Flag Blue cushions add warmth to her interior. She has a nice deep cockpit with pedestal wheel steering. Dodger and bimini help on the days with full sun and no air. She also has the desired Shoal draft wing keel and tall rig for added sail area and performance.
This is a wonderful U-shaped Sea Galley that affords tons of work space and storage space.
– 2019 New Double Stainless steel sinks and drains with pressure Hot and cold water
– Stainless steel Hillerange 2 burner stove with oven
– Large Ice chest
– Shelving outboard
– Storage under
– Lots of counter space for food preparation
Sails and Rigging
– Aluminum spar stepped on deck
– 2020 reworked standing rigging
– 2020 overhauled/rebuilt the roller furling for the headsail
– 2020 Replaced the running rigging (halyards, jib and main sheets, traveler, outhaul, boom vang, reef lines)
– 2019 New Ullman stack pac Mainsail
– 2019 New Ullman jib
– 2020 New line clutches
– Lewmar # 40 self-tailing primary winches
– Lewmar self-tailing halyard winch on cabin top
– Lewmar winch port side cabin top
– 2019 New wind vane on mast
– 2021 new Raymarine wheel belt on autopilot
– 2019 New VHF radio
– Garmin 441s map/chartplotter
Electrical and Mechanical
– 2020 new house and starting batteries
– Battery parallel switch
– Universal dsl engine
– 110V shore power with cord
– 2021 all new interior LED lighting
– 2020 new bilge pump
– Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with side stanchions and double life lines
– Gate in stern pulpit with swim/boarding ladder and teak treads
– Teak anchor platform on bow stem
– Teak hand rails
– Danforth anchor with rode
– Dock lines
– Life sling
– Dodger and Bimini (both cleaned and repaired in 2021)
– Rub rail
– Teak companionway boards
– Rail grill
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Find out about different sailboat types, most popular sailboat brands and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide. Find out about different sailboat types, sail vs power boat, most popular sailboat brands, what do you need to own a sailboat and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide.