Brewer Yacht Sales presents this Cruisers 1992 Catalina Mki boat for sale.
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
Tranquility is a late model MKI with the walk through transom and has been well maintained and upgraded. She is well outfitted with Reverse cycle air-conditioning and heat 15,000 BTU, Autopilot, Roller furling headsail, Universal dsl engine, bimini and dodger with connector, large galley, tons of storage and a warm and inviting interior. She is presently in Crisfield, Md. and will be moved up to Cambridge in the next few weeks. She is ready to cruise the Chesapeake and beyond.
Notes from the builder
The Catalina 36 can be easily single handed. She has a large comfortable cockpit, and a spacious interior with two sleeping cabins and the ability to pursue cruising dreams. The Catalina MKI is built with seakindly moderate displacement hull that tracks surely and performs well in a variety of conditions. Her deck and trunk cabin is traditional and functional making it a pleasure to move around the foredeck. Cruisers love the storage space and the Catalina 36MKI is renowned for it.
An important but often unconsidered aspect of boat ownership is maintenance. The 36MKI has teak hand rails and anodized spars, reducing maintenance on deck and extending your sailing season. The mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems are engineered to increase dependability and accessibility. Engine access is excellent with the one piece insulated enclosure removed. Aft of the engine is a mechanical compartment that contains the engine valves and filters. This makes maintenance and service easier. The structural system and construction of the Catalina 36MKI is proven and straight forward. The hull structure is rugged, hand laminated, solid fiberglass. The keel is lead with integrally cast stainless steel bolts. The Catalina 36 has become the sailors choice.
As one enters the cabin you immediately notice the warm varnished teak cabinetry and bulkheads coupled by the soft blue tufted cushions, cozy seating accommodations and beautiful teak and holly sole. The master cabin is forward and offers a V-berth with filler, hanging locker, overhead hatch for excellent light and ventilation, v-berth hammocks on either side for additional storage. Moving aft to port is the large head compartment with vanity, toilet, shower, overhead hatch and teak grate on the floor. Opposite to starboard is the hanging locker, outboard cabinet for liquor storage, counter top and drawers under. The salon has a large U-shaped dinette to port with hi/low table so as one can convert for an additional berth. To starboard there are two seats and game table that can convert to a settee or berth with the additional cushions. There are ample drawers, open and closed lockers and bins for all your cruising provisions and gear. Aft of the dinette on port is the large U-shaped sea galley. Opposite to starboard is a true navigation station with swivel chair, flip up desk for map storage and battery switch and electronics outboard. Aft of the Navigation station is a huge aft cabin. Some may prefer this area as the master stateroom. Here too, there is a settee outboard and double inboard, with the filler makes for a tremendous berth or utilize the space for additional storage. There are plenty of opening ports and hatches for excellent light and ventilation thru out the vessel. Centerline companionway leads to her spacious cockpit and the engine access is under the steps.
The galley is considered a U-shaped Sea Galley with composite counter tops and sinks that are neat centerline for proper drainage underway. There is enough cabinet space to stock provisions for extended cruising. Tons of counter space make meal prep a pleasure while underway or at anchor.
– Double stainless steel sinks with pressure hot and cold water
– Hillerange 2 burner stove with oven
– Large refrigerated Adler/Barbour ice box with shelves
– Proctor Silex microwave oven
– Cabinets outboard with sliding fronts
– Deep under counter storage locker
– Custom Knife rack
– Custom Trash bin
– Tilt out silverware cabinet with dividers
Sails and Rigging
– Aluminum spar stepped on the keel
– Mainsail with Dutchman flaking system and sail cover
– Harken roller furling for the headsail
– 135% Genoa with sun shield
– Manual Boom Vang
– Stainless steel wire standing rigging
– Mainsheet traveler
– Lewmar ST #46 Primary winches
– New rope clutches on cabin top for halyards
– New Turning blocks on cabin for halyards
– Leather mast wrap in salon
– New Mast boot
Mechanical and Electrical
– Universal Dsl engine with approx. 1125 hrs
– New house and engine batteries
– New fuel tank
– Racor R25 fuel filter with water separator
– Rule 500 automatic bilge pump
– New Oberdoffer water pump
– New high lift muffler, engine exhaust riser and hose
– New engine raw water seacock
– OEM heat exchanger
– New fuel pump
– Fuel injectors pulled and serviced
– New KW air filter
– Hull strainer for air-conditioning and heat intake
– 15,000 BTU reverse cycle air-conditioning/Heat
– All interior lights changed to LED bulbs
– New 12V USB outlet @ Nav station
– New overhead aft cabin LED light with red night option
– 30amp 110V shore power with cord
– Raymarine autopilot (New in 2017)
– Compass at pedestal
– New masthead antenna, all new coax to navigation station
– New Raymarine i60 wind speed, depth with transducer, speed at the pedestal
– Axion MFD at the navigation station
– Seatalk network installed
– New masthead windex
– New mast light with deck light
– Garmin ECHOmap DV
– VHF radio
– Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with side stanchions and double life lines
– New life lines
– Re-bed stern pulpit and air vents
– Swim platform
– Swim ladder
– Freshwater washdown (hot and cold shower)
– Life jackets
– Dock lines
– New Fortress #10 anchor with 140' of rode
– Plow anchor with 15' of chain and 185' of rode
– Bimini glass replaced
– New locking hasps on all exterior lockers
– New Wilchard Ly'safew Jack Lines and associated Wilchard hardware
– Bottom was stripped and 3 coats of Epoxy Barrier coat applied
– Pettit Trinidad HD
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!
Find out about different sailboat types, most popular sailboat brands and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide. Find out about different sailboat types, sail vs power boat, most popular sailboat brands, what do you need to own a sailboat and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide.