Preferred Yachts presents this Sloop 2004 Catalina boat for sale.
Contact Preferred Yachts with any questions about this Catalina by filling up the Contact form
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
LOA: 36 ft 4 in
Beam: 11 ft 11 in
LWL: 30 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 5 in
Displacement: 13500 lbs
Ballast: 6600 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Dry Weight: 14100 lbs
Total Power: 30 HP
Engine Brand: Universal 35
Year Built: 2004
Engine Model: Universal 35
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1100
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 30 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (80 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (25 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 6
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Catalina sailboats are known for their comfortable living spaces. Her interior is varnished teak with teak uppers and trim, multiple opening ports and a durable synthetic teak holly cabin sole
The forward cabin has a queen berth with inner spring mattress, hanging locker w/bureau, shelves w/fiddle rails, storage drawers, screened deck hatch and reading lights. A New 24' TV was installed in May 2021
The head is to port with two door One from the salon and a separate door forward cabin. It has a manual head holding tank, pressure water, molded counter top sink, large mirror, handheld shower, shower grate and independent shower sump pump, cabinet, and storage shelves, opening port and deck hatch w/screens.
The main salon’s features a starboard game table and seats makes a comfortable single berth with storage behind and outboard. The port traditional “L” shaped dinette also has storage behind and outboard and can serve as a double berth. The dinette table folds up against the forward bulkhead. Good light and ventilation are provided by multiple opening ports w/screens, Dorade vents, screened deck hatches, a cabin fan, and the companionway. The interior grab rails make movement below decks safe and secure in a seaway. A new 43" Smart TV with a new masthead mounted HD antenna was installed in May 2021.
The U-shaped galley to port has storage galore, double stainless steel sinks near center line with hot and cold pressure water with a 6 gallon, 110v AC/engine heated Seaward hot water heater, a large, insulated ice box w/discharge pump that has been converted to Adler Barbour 12V DC refrigeration, a gimbaled, two burner propane stove with oven, a built in waste basket and a new microwave was recently installed.
The outboard facing navigation station w/swing out chair is to starboard forward of the aft cabin. There are additional storage under and outboard.
The beautiful and functional aft cabin is complete with a large athwart ship double berth, hanging locker and bureau. Multiple hatches, hull port, reading lights and cabin fan provide good light and ventilation.
Hull and Deck
– The hull and deck was sanded and painted in May 2021 with Awlgrip and should shines and last for many years into the future. New Blue and Gold pinstripes and a blue boot stripe MAy 2021.
– Her bottom was sanded and repainted in May 2021
– There are four ports in the hull. Her wide side decks are easy to move about. At the foredeck is a large anchor locker with Maxwell anchor windlass. At the front of the cabin trunk is a large opening hatch that provides light and ventilation to the forward cabin. Aft are two smaller opening hatches just forward of the mast.
– Her rig is a single spreader furling mast is keel stepped. Aft of the mast is medium sized opening hatch over the main salon. There are four opening ports and four fixed windows in the cabin sides. A stainless steel grab rail runs the length of the cabin. There are boarding gates in her double lifelines to port and starboard of the forward end of the cockpit.
– Just forward of the companionway is the adjustable traveler. A blue canvas dodger with a sun shield and stainless grab rails to port, starboard and aft protects the spacious cockpit. Long cockpit seats create an excellent spot for a nap at a quiet anchorage.
– There is a folding cockpit table with cup holders mounted on the binnacle at the aft end of the cockpit. Aft of the wheel is a walkthrough transom which allows easy access to the swim step. There are seats and cup holders to port and starboard on the stern rail.
– Electric windlass
– CQR Plow Anchor with 200 Feet of Chain
– Anchor roller locker
– SS double rail pulpit lifelines w/gates
– SS stern rail with corner seats boarding ladder
– 4 mooring cleats,
– Toe rail genoa tracks inboard genoa tracks w/adjustable cars
– SS handrails on coachroof
– 6 deck hatches + 4 opening ports + companionway
– 4 fixed coachroof ports + 3 fixed hull ports
– Folding Companionway Doors
– Mast collar with deck organizers clutches for 2 Lewmar ST cabin top winches
– Mainsheet traveller on cabin top
– Cockpit locker stbd + lazarette + propane tank locker
– Helm pedestal w/ss guard compass Navpod.
– Folding table wrapped SS steering wheel
– 2 Lewmar ST winches on coaming w/ blocks
– Dodger with UV dodger window coverings
– Helm cover
– Hatch covers
– Winch covers
– Garmin 4210 GPS Chartplotter
– Raymarine Autopilot
– Raymarine Wind Speed and Direction Display
– New Raymarine Mast Head Unit For Windspeed ( Replaced April 2021)
– Raymarine Multifunction Tridata Display
– Horizon VHF with AIS GX2150 at Nav Station
– Raymarine Multifunction Display at Nav Station
– New Boss Audio System CD/DVD/AM/FM (New May 2021)
– New 43" Smart TV in Main Salon (May 2021)
– New 24" TV forward Cabin (New May 2021)
– 2 12 volt Batteries - Starting House
– 12V 110V outlets
– 50' shore power cord
– Battery charger
– 12v and 110V Circuit breaker panel
– Cabin lights
– Navigation Lights
– 16,000 BTU Air Conditioning with Reverse Cycle heat
– New second High Water Bilge Pump Installed (May 2021)
– Electric Bilge Pump
– New Galley Designer Faucet installed (May 2021)
– 5 12 Volt Fans
– Max Folding Prop
– Manual Bilge in Cockpit
– Cockpit Shower
– Hot and Cold Pressure water system
– Hot water heater
Sails and Rigging
– In-mast furling main sail
– Aluminum mast, keel-step
– All Rigging Inspected and replaced where needed by SSMR in St Pete ($3000 April 2021)
– New HD TV Antenna Installed on mast (May 2021)
– Aluminum boom with outhaul toppinglift
– Ridged boom vang
– Schaeffer genoa furler
– Newer Mainsail (Service by Advanced Sails ST Pete April 2021)
– 130% Genoa (Service by Advanced Sails ST Pete April 2021)
IJPE : 555.75 sq ft
I : 44.75 ft
J : 14.33 ft
P : 39.00 ft
E : 12.00 ft
Working Sail Area : 555.00 sq ft
Keel Type: Wing
Ballast: 6600 lb
Displacement: 14100 sq ft
Max Draft: 4.42 ft
Manufacturer Provided Description
Because the Catalina 36 is easily handled by a couple, has a big comfortable cockpit, a spacious interior with two private cabins and the integrity to pursue cruising dreams, many experienced sailors consider the Catalina 36 the perfect boat for their sailing lifestyle.
The Catalina 36 MkII has all the important characteristics that made the original the most popular 36-foot sailboat in the world. The Mark II Catalina 36 is built in the same seakindly moderate displacement hull. It tracks surely and performs well in a variety of conditions. The deck is the classic trunk cabin configuration - proven, comfortable and functional.
The main cabin and galley have received special attention to design and detail. The galley is a functional 'U' shape, with composite countertops, the sinks are near centerline for proper drainage underway. A large refrigerated ice box is aft and a dry food locker is forward. A gimballed, stainless steel LPG stove with oven is standard equipment. The main cabin can be arranged with a dinette or traditional table.
The two seats and game table to starboard can be made into a settee or berth with the cushions provided. The entertainment center cabinet can be fitted with a stereo and concealed TV. The main cabin and all interior teak has the warmth and durability only obtained with multiple coats of varnish. T
he 36 has stainless steel hand rails and anodized spars, reducing maintenance on deck and extending the sailing season. The mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems have been re-engineered to increase dependability and accessibility. Engine access, for example, is excellent, with the one-piece, insulated enclosure removed.
The hull is rugged, hand-laminated, solid fiberglass; the keel is lead with integrally cast stainless steel bolts. The mast is stepped through the deck on the keel and has inline spreaders and fore and aft lower shrouds, a sturdy arrangement that is easy to tune.
Preferred Yachts offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Preferred Yachts offers this listing on a 50-50 split with corresponding Florida licensed brokerages. Brokers unlicensed in Florida must contact listing broker to make arrangements that comply with Florida law.
Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!
St Petersburg, FL