Sarasota Yacht & Ship presents this Ketch 1986 Cherubini 44 boat for sale.
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
INTRODUCING MAGIC - A CLASSIC, ONE-OF-A-KIND TIME CAPSULE CHERUBINI 44
Now listed and seriously for sale, MAGIC, a world-renowned Cherubini 44, represents one of the best examples of this timeless classic the market has seen in some time.
With an extensive refit taking place over a number of years, all while in climate controlled, secure storage, she offers an incredible value to the next owner. The current owner who is a lifelong loyalist and true Cherubini aficionado has spared no expense, and his passion for the boat shines throughout.
From the new Flag blue Awlgrip topsides that has yet to see the water and shining fresh brightwork, to the amazing gold leaf Cherubini scroll work and beautiful interior, no stone was left unturned in the preservation, as well as updating and refit of MAGIC.
This labor of love boasts numerous upgrades and improvements to an already incredible vessel. Those are to include, but are not limited to:
– Raytheon ST 60 Wind Indicator
– Raytheon ST60 Tri-Data
– Raytheon RL70 Pathfinder Radar
– Simrad Autopilot
– NEW fuel tanks with dual filter arrangement
– NEW fuel lines
– NEW water tank
– NEW holding tank
– NEW Awlgrip Marine Blue hull
– NEW Jabsco manual head
– All brightwork completely refinished
– Rod rigging with Lewmar self-tailing winches
– Kept out of water, indoors in climate controlled storage
– And much more....
See Full Specs for a detailed account of all MAGIC has to offer, and call today to arrange a showing of this very special vessel.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 50 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 40 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 44 ft 2 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 10 in
Displacement: 29800 lbs
Ballast: 12000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 55 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 6 in
Total Power: 76 HP
Engine Brand: Mercedes Benz
Year Built: 1986
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1648
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 76 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (165 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (75 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 5
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
MAGIC is truly a one-of-a-kind find for the Cherubini aficionado or sailor who has a soft spot for the classics.
The unmistakable lines of the Cherubini 44 Ketch are borne from a rich history and well-known lineage dating back to the 1920s. From the light air performance, to the offshore blue water capability, the unmatched craftsmanship and design throughout put this boat in a league of its own. Add to that the current owners passion for and years-long dedication to restoring her to her current pristine condition, while updating numerous items along the way, and the result is simply stunning.
Powered by a Mercedes Benz 76hp diesel (with less than 1700 total hours), and a full array of sails (including a brand new mizzen) shes ready for her next owner to get her back on the water and put some miles under her keel.
She sleeps 6 comfortably, has an incredible mahogany interior and even with all the updated systems still feels like youre stepping back in time while giving you a true appreciation for the craftsmanship that so often is lacking in todays boats.
The boat is currently on the hard in Port Charlotte, FL - please contact the listing broker for showing opportunities. All serious offers will be considered.
Starting aft, MAGICs cockpit provides a secure, separate helm seating area with excellent access to the Lewmar sheet winches, and Edson pedestal steering with Navpod mounts for the electronics. Forward of the helm area is U shaped seating surrounded by a high teak-capped coaming for 6 crew.
Moving forward down the companionway, you enter the aft cabin area with two quarter/sea berths. To starboard is a high/low arrangement of one berth and a small bench seat, while to port is a single. Under the stairs is the lighted engine compartment access. Dual racor filters are mounted high and to port for easy access. There is also additional storage in the aft cabin area in the form of a hanging locker and drawer storage.
Moving forward, to starboard is the head, with a new manual pump head (leading to a new holding tank with macerator and Y valve) as well as a sink, faucet/shower head and 1 tile floor reminiscent of her heritage.
Past the head, you enter the main salon. The Nav station is to starboard with integrated chart/instrument storage and three drawers, and the AC/DC distribution panel. The U-shaped galley is to port, with the new Refrigerator/Freezers, new Dometic two burner stove/oven and immense amounts of storage for the longer passages.
The main salon itself consists of bench seating down both port and starboard sides with a refinished drop-leaf folding table centerline. Outboard above and behind the bench seating is shelf and cabinet storage.
Lastly, all the way forward is the V-berth with a spacious double bunk with filler cushion, hanging locker, chest of drawers, and overhead opening hatch.
MAGICs hull is like a mirror. The Flag blue Awlgrip wraps around from stem to stern, including the classic tumblehome and perfectly compliments the gold leaf scroll work as well as the beautifully fresh teak brightwork.
– New Flag Blue Awlgrip
– Striker has been fully re-done/rebedded
– Tilting Stainless Steel pulpit rollers
– Trail boards redone
– New studs - gold leaf and varnish
– White bootstripe
– Scheel designed keel
– New cutlass bearing
– Folding Max prop fully serviced
– Fresh bottom paint
On deck, MAGIC boasts perfectly sanded teak decks, loads of new hardware (See below) and a cockpit fit for a sailing king or queen. Her beautiful butterfly hatch skylight lets natural light flood the salon interior, while two others provide the same for the staterooms - and the dorade vents allow for fresh air throughout. New lifelines provide reliable safety, and with all the deck hardware rebedded, go ahead and bury the rail - shes ready!
– NEW lifelines
– NEW deck fills
– SS Rod standing rigging
– Full compliment of sails including new MIzzen
– SS tilting bow rollers
– Fresh varnish
– Nearly All deck hardware pulled and rebedded
– All stanchions rebedded
– Windlass completely rebuilt
– Chocks all rebedded
– Solid white oak Sampson posts
– Chafe gear all rebedded
– All solid stainless stanchions
– All winches rebuilt
– Harken traveler
– Lewmar 40 and Lewmar 16 on deck house all self tailing
– Lewmar 48 mainsheet winch
– New cockpit teak custom decking
– Emergency tiller
The cockpit on MAGIC is perfectly situated and designed for offshore sailing. Boasting high coamings, freshly replaced teak seats and floors, and a separate aft helm area for the captain with both sheet winches within easy reach while stationed behind the Edson steering pedestal and Raytheon/Simrad electronics.
– Navpod electronics mounting system
– Edson pedestal steering
– Leather wrapped stainless wheel
– Danforth constellation compass
– NEW flush-mount beveled bronze scuppers
– Lewmar 48ST sheet winches
– Separate helm seating area
– Mizzen mast and rigging
– Companionway access to cabin
– Freshly laid teak
– Stainless stern rail
– NEW life-lines all around
– Teak coaming caprail - freshly varnished
– Access to manual bilge pump
– NEW emergency manual bilge pump
– Stainless line holders under seat
Down the companionway stairs from the forward cockpit one enters the aft cabin area of MAGIC. WIth two single quarter berths, the setup allows for easy access in and out for crew without disturbing the main salon area/guests during longer watch rotations, or just adds additional sleeping quarters for guests aboard.
– Companionway stairs
– Starboard side single quarter berth with small bench seat
– Port side single quarter berth
– Teak/Holly flooring
– Engine room access under stairs
– Bilge access panel
– Cabinet storage
– Drawer storage
– 12V fans
– Easy access companionway storage rack (binocs/winch handles etc)
– Opening bronze portlights
– Dorade ventilation
– NEW - added holding tank
– NEW - Added Y-Valve
– NEW - Added Discharge pump
– NEW - Jabsco pump flush toilet
– NEW Dometic Tankwatch monitor for blackwater
– Blackwater Tank monitoring system
– Sink w faucet/shower
– Tile floor
– Cabinet storage
– Dorade vent
– Opening port
MAGICs U-shaped galley is a perfect setup for cooking either underway or at anchor. An immense amount of storage is key for the longer trips, and with all new refrigeration, as well as a new Dometic propane stove, everything is within reach, waiting and ready - and reliable.
– NEW Dometic Origo 6000 2-burner gimballed alcohol oven/stove
– NEW top loading refrigerator
– NEW top loading freezer
– NEW Active pressure frigiboat air sharing refrigeration
– Large dual stainless sinks
– Opening portlight
– Over counter storage
– Under counter storage
– 12V fan
– Over counter 12V lighting
– Freshwater RO tap at sink
– 12v and 120v wiring system refit and updated
MAGICs salon is once again the perfect throwback in time and breathes tradition in the finely crafted mahogany woodwork and low relief bulkhead panels offset in a nice white to bring a bright feel throughout. Overhead, the butterfly hatch skylight lets natural light pour in during the day, while the oil lamps can provide a soft glow in the evening.
The centreline fold-down table allows for comfortable dining along either the port or starboard side bench seats, and storage abounds both in shelving and cabinetry along both outboard sides above the settees.
The detailed woodwork, even on the cabin overhead, is what sets this boat so far apart from todays plastic concoctions.
– Port and Starboard bench seating
– Outboard storage throughout (cabinets and shelving)
– Opening bronze portlights
– Overhead butterfly hatch skylight
– Centerline fold-down table with storage in top
– 12V lighting
– (2) oil lamps
– Top access end table storage
– Teak and Holly cabin sole
– Bilge access
– Fire extinguisher
– 12 v fan
– V berth with filler cushion
– Loads of storage
– Reading lights
– Mahogany shelving port and starboard
– Stacked drawer storage to port
– Hanging locker to starboard
– Mahogany slat-lined interior
– Bronze Opening ports
– Overhead opening hatch
Aft of the starboard side salon bench sits the Nav station. Features include:
– Large top opening chart table
– Three drawers of additional storage
– Small storage locker outboard
– AC/DC distribution panel outboard
– VHF radio
– Heart Inverter/Battery monitoring system
– 12V flexible chart light
– Brass wall-mounted instruments (Barometer, clock etc.)
Electrical and house systems
– AC/DC distribution panel at nav station
– DC Battery monitoring (DCA/DCV)
– AC system monitoring (ACA/ACV)
– DC Battery charger
– (1) 4D AGM start battery
– (2) 4D AGM house batteries
– Heart Inverter/Charger
– DC electrical outlets
– AC electrical outlets
– Hot water heater
– DC refrigeration
– 12V DC Fans
– 12V Pressure fresh water pump
– Bilge pumps
– Gray water sump
– Washdown pump
– Deck/Spreader lights
– Anchor/Running/Tri color lights
– Single 30A Shore power
– Tank tender monitor (for fuel/water)
– NEW Dometic Tankwatch monitor for blackwater
Engine - Mechanical
Below the companionway lies the engine space access. Opening from the top, with lighting and ample room, the Mercedes 76hp auxiliary engine sits with a mere 1648 hours on it to date. Fully serviced, and run on the hose while in storage to maintain operation, shes ready to go at a moments notice.
– NEW fuel tanks
– NEW fuel hoses
– NEW dual Racor filter setup
– Groco bronze strainers
– Mercedes - 76HP (1648 hours)
– 175A alternator
– Galvanic Isolator
– Engine room lights
– Raytheon ST60 Wind Indicator
– Raytheon ST60 Tri-Data
– Raytheon RL70 Pathfinder radar
– Robertson AP25 autopilot
Sails and Rigging
– NEW mizzen
– Mizzen staysail
– Full batten main
– Staysail w/club foot
– Harken batcars and track on main and mizzen masts
– Harken Mark III roller furling
– Harken Mainsheet traveler
– SS rod standing rigging
– All winches serviced and rebuilt
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!