American Marine Yachts, Inc. presents this Trawlers 1973 Custom Long Range Steel Trawler boat for sale.
Contact American Marine Yachts, Inc. with any questions about this Custom Long Range Steel Trawler by filling up the Contact form
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
This Long Range Custom built trawler was specially designed by Coe M Best Jr. He worked closely with the builder A.E. Hingle at a boatyard in LaCombe Louisiana. You will see that the workmanship is of the highest quality. To hold the title of a Long Range Trawler it was essential to construct this boat with Safety being the highest priority. Having fuel capacity in excess of 3400 gals., fresh water almost 600 gals., 40GPH water maker (pickled) and equipped with Boom Stabilizers, brings peace of mind when crossing Oceans.
This Long Range Custom Trawler has everything you need for safe passage whether its across an Ocean, going to the Bahamas or doing the Great Loop which she did in 2014. Owner is a Coast Guard Vet and has maintained Vagabond to a high standard with regular hauling and Audio Gauging. Hauled in 2020 with plating to CG specs, bottom Soda Blasted, 2 coats of epoxy and anti fouling applied. 12 new House Batteries 2021 and Decks repainted and non skidded.
As you enter the pilot house through the Port side entrance door, the first thing you notice is the abundance of natural light that filters in from the surrounding windows. Standing at the helm station allows you a full 180 degree Panoramic view. The 5 large front windows have light filtering screens that keep out bright sunlight and also allows you personal privacy at the same time.
All the Controls are in full view, including instrumentation, bow thruster, rudder angle, compass, wipers, horn, gauges, GPS, depth finder, Radios, Auto pilot etc……
– 3 Staterooms, one as a workshop/maint.
– 2 Heads with Raritan Porcelain Toilets, one with shower
– Stack unit Washer/Dryer
Starboard side fully equipped and has all the amenities necessary to create outstanding meals for the Captain and guests.
– Dickinson Mediterranean propane stove/oven 2019
– Full size refrigerator/freezer
– Microwave Oven
– Stainless Steel Sink
– Roomy Pantry on lower level
Mechanical and Engine Details
– Maintenance friendly and spacious engine room with Watertight door
– Water tight collision bulkhead
– Toyotomi OM-128HH Hydronic heat and hot water (2020)
– 40 GPH Watermaker (pickled) with spare parts
– 22KW Phazer/Kubota generator (recently rebuilt)
– 17 KW main engine belt driven generator
– Kobelt Engine/Trans control (Oct 2020)
– Glendenning 43 C Pro-X control cables (Oct 2020)
– Outback Solar Charge Control 2500 W Inverter/Charger
– (4) 260 W Solar Panels
– 1500 lb Davit Crane
– 75 Gal fresh lube oil tank and 75 gal waste tank
– Hydraulic Bow Thruster
– Fin Keel Coolers for Main, Gen and A/C (all closed cooling systems)
– 32 V system and all new batteries Summer 2021
Ground Tackle and Safety
– 400 ft (full drum) 3/8 G4 Acco US Anchor Chain (Oct 2020)
– Paravane Stabilizers, use at Anchor or Underway ( easily deployed single hand), Air draft/clearance reduced to 15ft with ease
– Anchors include, 50 Kg Bruce, 30 Kg Bruce, Fortress FX-37 and a 75lb custom Danforth
If you are looking for a functional, capable, Liveaboard Bluewater Yacht look no further. Owner has lived aboard for 6 plus years and Maintained/Upgraded systems to a high standard. Spare parts for almost everything! Custom Built Spec 50 Aluminum Superstructure ( pic of SUV on top ). Owner has build papers, blueprints, notes, manuals and records. You have to get onboard to realize how Sturdy and Capable this Yacht is! Main decks just repainted.
This Ole Girl doesn’t have the interior fluff of a Nordhaven, Great Harbour or some of the other high end yachts but she also doesn’t have the price tag!
Excludes Owners personal items, tools and Dinghy.
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!
5 Solid Reasons to Buy a Trawler. Learn more about trawler yachts from our quick guide. 5 Solid Reasons to Buy a Trawler. Learn more about trawler yachts from our quick guide.