United Yacht Sales presents this Ketch 1983 Durbeck 50 boat for sale.
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
1983 Durbeck 50 World Cruising Ketch
A stretched version of the popular Durbeck 46 Ketch with more deck space and interior volume. Though not known as a fast sailboat, Durbeck is well-known as a capable world cruising sailboat, with recent upgrades including hull paint, chain plates, inverter and more, this 50 is ready to take you around the world or anywhere else you might choice. Built under the supervision of Wit Durbeck, the Durbeck 50 is a traditional sailing ketch with a clipper bow and wine glass stern that turns heads in any waterway or marina. A shallow draft of 5’2” and a full protective keel, she is well constructed and capable of cruising in style and comfort.
If you are searching for a large and capable world-class sailing vessel or an excellent live aboard, do not miss this one. Sellers are moving ashore after cruising for the last year.
You step onboard this amazing and visually appealing sailing ketch through the port or starboard boarding gates that open onto wide side decks. The large decks give you easy maneuverability and safety with the added Treadmaster decking. The cockpit is large with Sunbrella seat cushions and protected with a custom-made fiberglass hardtop and full Stamoid white enclosure with eisenglass. The dodger is teak wood- stained and varnished to perfection and the forward windows open for added fresh air. Aft of the cockpit are two deck mounted storage boxes and a separate box for the propane tanks. The stern has stainless steel davits for an inflatable or dinghy. A large storage lazarette provides plenty of storage.
You enter the main cabin through a teak door with a sliding hatch. The main cabin has large opening ports with screens that add exceptional natural light and ventilation. Down the companionway and to starboard is the functional galley complete with ample storage and countertop space to please any onboard chef. There is a dual voltage refrigerator with freezer compartment and an in the counter freezer forward. Along the aft bulkhead is access into the walk-in engine compartment which also houses the generator and a large workbench. At the companionway and to port is the navigation station with opening desktop, seat with cushion, overhead book storage and outboard shelf. Aft of the navigation station is the companionway to the master cabin.
In the companionway along the port side is a large cabinet. The top opens to reveal added storage and the laundry center. Across is the electrical panel and a lower removable hatch for access to the inboard side of the main engine. Further aft are lockers for storage and the master cabin entry. The master is large with a centerline walk around, elevated, queen berth with storage drawers. Along each side of the berth is a nightstand with storage. The port and starboard sides feature a large settee and added lockers and storage. The ensuite head is found on the starboard side with a separate shower stall, tile flooring, multiple storage cabinets and a vanity.
Back to the companionway and forward is the main salon with a port side large C-shaped settee and a large dining table that will comfortably seat eight. To starboard is the Cubic Mini wood stove and another custom-built settee capable of expanding and acting as a pilot berth when underway. On the aft end of the settee to starboard is the built-in AlpiCool Refrigerator/Freezer. Outboard are large shelves and a centered cabinet along the ports side a TV mounted on the starboard side. Behind the settee cushions are large storage cabinets. Along the starboard side forward is a small wood stove with a tile surround that efficiently heats the cabin.
Down one step, forward and to port, is the guest and day head with a tile floor, vanity, and storage. To starboard is a large hanging locker where the water maker filter and RO membrane are found. Further forward and through a privacy door is the guest cabin. To starboard is a single settee and storage locker with a storage shelf above. The single berths are along the port and starboard sides, with the starboard side elevated with storage drawers and a cabinet below. Excellent accommodations for guests and crew.
Forward of the guest cabin and through an access door is the anchor locker which was redesigned to allow easy deployment and retrieval of the anchor, without the need for a second person to ensure the chain does not “castle” and become an issue. Storage shelves built into innovative design to ease storage of up to 400’ of ¾” 3-strand. V-berth is overlapping offset beds with ample storage under both port and starboard bunks. Water maker controls are found under the starboard bunk.
A well laid out and comfortable floor plan with plenty of room for cruising or a live aboard.
The galley is spacious and found on the starboard side and aft in the main cabin. With a straight view into the salon, the onboard chef can easily communicate with the captain and crew.
– Large stainless-steel sink with faucet and sprayer
– Corian countertops with fiddles
– Seagull IV water filtration system
– Tundra dual voltage refrigerator and freezer
– AlpiCool 12-volt chest refrigerator and freezer
– Technautics CoolBlue CP in-counter 12-volt cold plate freezer
– Force 10 stainless steel, gimbaled, 4-burner propane stove top with oven and broiler
– Trident propane control with tank solenoid
– Kenmore microwave oven
– Ample storage drawers and cabinets
Deck and Hardware:
– The hull was planned, glassed and 18 coats of barrier epoxy applied in 2015.
– Bottom was painted in 2020 with Seahawk Tropikote Non-Ablative Ultra High Copper paint.
– Prop and shaft were painted with Prop-Speed in 2020.
– Hull is solid fiberglass construction from the cap rail to the bottom of the keel with a thickness of 1” at the cap and increasing to 1.5” at the bottom of the keel. Hand laid, one-piece deck with AIREX foam core.
– Cap rail and deck are separately through-bolted to the main hull. Essentially double bolting the deck to hull.
– The topside was stripped and painted in 2017 with AWLGRIP white paint.
– The hull was stripped, and epoxy barrier coat applied in 2017.
– Solid teak cap rail surrounds the entire boat, varnished in 2020 and updated in 2021.
– Full keel with fully encapsulated lead ballast.
– Potable water hoses replaced with PEX tubing in 2019
– Teak and stainless-steel bow pulpit
– Dual stainless steel anchor rollers
– Maxwell 3500 VWC electric windlass with foot switch, 2020
– Hause pipe to anchor locker
– Mantus 105-pound anchor with 225’ of G4 3/8” chain rode
– Raw water washdown
– Stainless steel stanchions and double coated lifelines. Stanchion pads through bolted to deck
– Port and starboard boarding gates
– Stainless steel deck hardware
– Simpson Model 150, removable stainless-steel davits supporting 150 kg (330 lbs.)
– Outboard motor bracket on port stern
– Port and starboard storage boxes mounted on stern deck
– Double 11-lbs propane tank locker mounted on stern deck
– Teak stern rails, cabin top rails and toe rails, stainless steel handrails on cockpit hardtop
– Teak rub rail with stainless steel insert
– Fiberglass hardtop with aluminum supports and overhead hatch
– Full White Stamoid enclosure with eisenglass
– Teak hardwood dodger with opening forward windows
– Folding teak table in cockpit
– Removable stainless steel boarding ladder that can be mounted on port or starboard side
– Stainless steel fish pole holders
– Treadmaster decking applied for stability and safety
– Cockpit emergency bilge pump
– (2) over-sized deck overhead hatches in main cabin and master cabin
– deck hatch overhead in head
– (6) over-sized port holes with screens in main cabin
– (6) port holes with screens in master cabin and master head
– Magma stainless steel BBQ grill mounted on starboard side of aft deck
– Life Sling mounted on starboard side of aft deck
– Wooden piling board for hull protection (1)
– Wagner compass
– Raymarine C-120 color chart plotter and radar in NAVPOD at helm
– Raymarine 48-mile radar dome mounted on mast
– Raymarine EV-1000 autopilot, 2021
– Autohelm Tri-Data display with depth, speed and log
– Raymarine ST-60 wind indicator
– Standard Horizon Intrepid VHF radio in companionway with helm RAM microphone
– ICOM IC-700 SSB radio
– Standard Horizon HX-150 handheld VHF radio
– Helm location pad for I-Pad navigation
Sailing and Rigging:
The prior owner had updated stainless steel chain plates and standing rigging. Cutter-Ketch rigged with keel stepped mast. Easy to sail, even single handed. Heavy duty rig construction.
– Aluminum keel stepped masts
– Main mast with added Sea Dog steps mounted in 2021
– Mizzen mast with extruded Aluminum steps to first spreader
– Lewmar-England # 55 winches mounted on aft cockpit coaming
– Lewmar-England # 16 winch on mizzen mast
– Lewmar-England # 14 winch in cockpit
– Lewmar-England # 30 winch in cockpit
– Harken travelers and deck hardware
– Roller furling genoa and JIB headsails on heavy duty offshore Reef-Furl furling units
– Genoa 130% Mac Sails
– 100% Doyle staysail
– Tide Marine sail tracks on main and mizzen masts
– Fully battened mainsail with lazy jacks and Stack Pac
– Doyle mainsail with two reef points
– Doyle mizzen sail with two reef points
– Mizzen sail with lazy jacks and Cradle Cover
– Stainless steel standing rigging with turn buckles
– Newer running rigging, replaced as needed
The main electrical panel located in the companionway between the salon and master cabin. AC and DC rewiring in 2019.
– 12-volt DC and 120-volt AC power
– Power distribution panel with circuit breakers
– (2) 30amp shore power cords with splitter
– Northern Lights 8.0 kW diesel generator in sound enclosure in engine compartment, 6000 hours
– Magna Sine Wave inverter/charger with controls above the engine compartment entry
– Victron Bluetooth battery monitor
– Trojan 6-volt 330 aH house batteries installed in 2019
– 55-amp engine alternator installed for added charging power
– GFI protected electrical receptacles
– KISS 550-watt wind generator mounted on aft mast
– (2) Sun Power 110-watt solar panels with separate Victron 75/15 Bluetooth Controllers
– Laundry center with wash and air dry
– (2) Mermaid 16,000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioning and heat with electronic controls
– Forced hot air diesel heating system added in 2020 with Honeywell thermostatic control
– TLC flat screen television in salon
– AM/FM/CD player with remote speakers
– S K Watermaker, 110-volt, 20 gph watermaker
– Interior lighting upgraded with LED bulbs
Large stand-up engine compartment with an entry door in the aft galley with built-in work bench and added storage. In companionway to master cabin an inboard hatch opens to reveal the inboard engine.
– Perkins 4-236 fresh water-cooled diesel engine with 9700 hours. Flawless cruising since 2020.
– Engine gauges and panel at helm
– Stainless steel destroyer steering wheel
– Racor primary fuel filter
– Separate stainless-steel engine and throttle controls
– Stainless steel shaft with packing gland
– Prop and shaft balanced and tuned in 2020
– Prop and shaft painted with Prop-Speed 2020
– Tank Tender in engine room for monitoring port and starboard fuel tanks
A wonderful, updated and ready to cruise worldwide capable sailboat that has recently cruised the east coast of the US. Seller’s change of plans dictate the sale.
Easy to see in New Bern, NC with jet service via Charlotte on American Airlines.
– New raw water pump for Aft A/C Unit (May 2020)
– New Steering Ram Seals (December 2018)
– New Cubic Mini Solid Fuel Stove Installed (January 2021)
– New Water pump (March 2019)
– New 2000GPH Rule Bilge Pumps installed throughout (September 2018)
– New Shower drain boxes installed (September 2018)
– All New Soft Hoses throughout (September 2018)
– Electric Pressure Washer
– 12’ Boat pole collapsible
– Anchor/Mooring Shade
– Dock Lines (x14) consists of both ¾” and 5/8” Lines various lengths from 25’ to 50’
– Large fenders with chafe covers (x4)
– Medium/Small Fenders (x3)
– Inflatable suspender type life jackets (x2)
– Throwable USCG flotation device (x1)
– Dahon Mariner folding bike (x1)
– Jabsco ParMax 5 GPM Potable water pump new 2020
– Propane system regulator and gauge with hoses new 2020
– SK water maker low pressure and high pressure gauges New 2020
– SK water maker Membrane cartridge New 2020
– SK water maker new seals for Membrane cartridge New 2020
– SK water maker various filters and cleaners New 2020
– Honeywell Programmable Thermostat (X2) New 2021
– Rule 2000GPH Bilge Pump New 2020
– Various Main engine and Generator Fuel and Oil filters
– Shaft zinc
– AirHead exhaust fan (x2)
– Various Alternator Parts
– Engine Driven Bilge Pump Spare Impeller and drive belt
– Used but good “dripless” shaft packing system
Generator Parts (all parts bought in 2020 to be spares)
– Raw water impeller (x2)
– Heat Exchanger End cap
– Heat exchanger hose
– Alternator Belt
– Thermostat gasket
– Water pump gasket (x3)
– J/W temp sensor
– oil pressure sensor (x2)
– Raw water pump end plate
– Raw water pump end plate o-rings (x2)
– Electrical relay
– Exhaust manifold gaskets
Main Engine Parts (all parts bought in 2020 to be spares)
– J/W cooling pump
– Oil pressure sensor
– Warning Buzzer
– High Pressure Fuel pump rebuild kit
– Rear Crankshaft Oil Seal kit
– J/W Cooling pump Gasket
– Fuel Return line rail
– Injector and fuel rail gasket kit
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!