S & J Yachts Brokers presents this Cutter 1996 Gozzard 44 boat for sale.
Contact S & J Yachts Brokers with any questions about this Gozzard 44 by filling up the Contact form
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
The Gozzard 44 is a spectacular Yacht with it's practical and innovative floor plan, the robust construction, creative and innovative features, gorgeous joinery, cruiser friendly cutter rigged furling systems and its tweaked hull, keel and rudder shaped performance. In a word: she is BEAUTIFUL.
Among other features, she has a Full Furling Sail System, Bow Thruster, dual AC/Heatpumps, Generator, Updated Navigation Gear, Electric Winch, Anchor Windlass and so much more!!!!!
Rapture has undergone a mechanical refit by a meticulous owner over the last 6 years. If you are looking for a well found and gorgeous cruising yacht that you can be proud of, call me for an appointment to see "Rapture".
Accommodations and Walkthru
This 1994 Gozzard 44, "Rapture" is a large, open, luxurious, Ted Gozzard designed cruising cutter that welcomes you whether you are a couple escaping life for a while or are entertaining friends and family over a weekend.
Beginning forward is a convertible Main Saloon which is quickly and easily converted from a large wraparound settee ideal for eating and entertaining into a private and comfy Cabin with queen sized Island Berth and an ensuite Head. You simply pull together the settees creating an Island Berth. There is a huge athwartship storage area in front of the saloon's forward bulkhead that includes lots of hanging space as well. So very clever! The cabin also features a couple of barrel chairs, a low coffee table that rises to become a large dining table and tons of storage including a wine rack tucked under the port settee.
Aft on port are the private Owner's and Guests' ensuite Heads separated by a shared, privately accessed shower stall.
Across on starboard is the Galley which includes a centerline Island with double stainless steel sinks, lots of Corian counter and storage space. And, forward of the Island is a small romantic Corian topped Dinette when using the Saloon is not necessary. There is also a microwave oven, soap dispenser, and fresh water hand pump.
The Centerline Companionway rises over the Engine Compartment and makes routine engine access easy. It also incorporates clever and beautiful Cafe Doors with Leaded Glass and a Pullout overhead teak framed screen and a swing out Screen Door that together keep weather and bugs out. Again, "VERY CLEVER!"
To Starboard of the Companionway is the Nav Station with a desk large enough to handle paper charts and your electronic repeaters. Behind the Nav Desk is a double Quarter Berth that makes an excellent Sea Berth (or room for more storage).
To Port is a private Guest Cabin with a Queen Sized Berth and lots of cupboard and storage space, hanging locker and a small settee. There is good room to dress at the entry. Plus, there is a private entry to the ensuite Head.
The Cockpit is also large, comfortable and secure in all kinds of weather. The flat stern; however, can be undone and dropped down creating a Walk Thru Transom with swim ladder. VERY CLEVER!! The Cockpit is large enough for sailing, entertaining and even napping. It features a hard windshield that connects to the Dodger, Connecting Panel and Bimini providing great weather protection. And, the lazarettes on the starboard side hold a lot of your sail handling "stuff" with special custom holders for your winch, pump handles and more. The Cockpit Table has large leaves making the outside dining experience much less messy.
– 2 Air Conditioning Heat Pumps: 16,000 BTU Forward 7000 BTU Aft
– Replaced Aft AC Water Pump (2018)
– Replaced Electric Hot Water Heater (2016)
– Teak and Holly Sole
– Force 10 Propane Stove/Oven/Broiler
– 12V Front and Top Loading Refrigeration and Freezer
– Replaced Refrigeration Cold Plate, Thermostat, Door Gaskets, and Compressor Rebuilt Shelf (2018)
– Explosion Proof Propane System Solenoid (2017)
– Installed Hatch Curtains Throughout (2018)
– Replaced Shower Head (2018)
– Companion Doors Refinished and Rescreened (2020)
– Added Refrigeration and Freezer Insulation (2021)
– Changed Interior Lighting to LEDs (2021)
The Gozzard 44s have both a 110Volt Shorepower and a 2-Bank,12Volt Ship Electrical Systems. Equipped with 2 DC Master Breaker Panels and 1 AC Master Breaker Panel
– Fisher Panda 4.2KW Diesel Generator (2008)
– 2 30Amp Shorepower Cords
– Master Volt 12-100-3 Battery Charger
– 8D AGM 12 Volt Engine Start Battery (330 AH) (2018)
– 8 AGM 6 Volt House Batteries (225 AH each) (2018)
– Dedicated 12 Volt AGM Thruster Battery (2018)
– LED Motoring, Deck Anchor Lights (2019)
– Voltage Regulator (2021)
– Replaced all Generator Capacitors (2019)
– 3 Ferris F-100 Solar Panels w/Ferris Power Boost Controller (2020)
– 2 50' Shorepower Cables
– Air Conditioning System: 16000 BTU Forward 7000 BTU Aft. The Aft System installed in 2004 .
– Replaced AC Raw Water Strainers (2018)
– LED interior reading and ceiling lights (2021)
– LED Stern Running Light (2017)
– 12 Volt Outlet at NAV Station
– 12 Volt Cigarette Type Outlet at Helm
Electronics and Nav Gear
– Richie Compass at Helm
– Sunbeam Temperature, Barometer, Humidity Gauges
– Ray 201 VHF Radio at Nav Station
– ICOM M604 at Nav Station (2009)
– ICOM 802 SSB with AT140 Tuner
– Raymarine Hybrid Touch Radar, Chartplotter, GPS with MFD (2020)
– Raymarine P Series Autopilot (2020)
– ST50 Multi at Nav
– ST50 Tridata and Wind Instruments at Helm
– WIFI Extender (2020)
Sails & Rigging
Rapture is a Cutter Rigged cruising yacht with a high aspect double spreader rig. All sails are on roller furling systems and staysail is self-tacking
– Quantum Cross Cut Dacron Mainsail (2004)
– Inspected and Recut - Breese Sailmakers (2016)
– Seldon In-Mast Furling System
– Boom Vang
– Electric Winch on Port Cabin Top for all furling lines
– Mainsheet Replaced (2019)
– Quantum Cross Cut 130% Genoa (2004) Replaced Genoa Cover (2015)
– Schaeffer 3000 Genoa Furler
– Quantum Cross Cut Staysail (2004)
– Schaeffer 2000 Staysail Furler
– Quantum Cross Cut Yankee (2000)
– Genoa Sheets and Furling Line Replaced (2019)
– Lewmar 54ST-2 Speed Primaries
– Lewmar 44ST-2 Speed Halyard Winches
– Lewmar 44ST-2 Speed Main Sheet Winch
– 3:1 Schaeffer Block Mainsheet System
– Schaeffer Genoa Tracks and Cars
– Most Running Rigging Replaced
Engine and Mechanicals
The Westerbeke 82B freshwater cooled, 4 cylinder Diesel was replaced in 2004 . One Thousand Hour Service performed by
– Installed new Starter Rebuilt Original as Spare (2016)
– Dripless Shaft Seal (2016)
– Bow Thruster w/Dedicated Battery (2006)
– 1-1/2"316 SS Prop Shaft
– 20" X 12" RH Prop (Spare Prop included
– Electric and Manual Bilge Pump Hoses (2016)
– High Capacity Bilge Pump Installed 1" above Existing Pump (2016)
– Mechanical Bilge Pump
– Deck Wash Down Pump (2018)
– Replaced Engine Raw Water Strainer (2017)
– Removed Aqua Drive, Inspected Replaced Seals (2016)
– Rebuilt Aqua Drive and Bulkhead (2021)
– Replaced Both Commodes (2017)
– Rebuilt Rebedded both Commode Thru Hulls (2017)
– Replaced Waste Tank (2017) NOTE: New Macerator Pump Not Installed to honor "No Dumping Regulation"
– Replaced All Waste Hoses with 1-1/2" Trident Hoses (2017)
– Replaced Shower Sump Pump (2017)
– Replaced Shower Sump Float Switch (2018)
– Removed Inspected Fuel Water Tanks and Inspected Keel Bolts (2018)
– Replaced Heat Exchanger Hoses (2017)
Deck & Hull Equipment
– The Hull was Sand Blasted and Barrier Coated (2017)
– 15 Opening Ports with Screens
– Maxwell 2500 Electric Anchor Windlass w/Cockpit Remote. Motor Solenoid Replaced 2009
– Double Anchor Rollers on Bow Sprit
– 45# CQR Anchor w/150' 3/8" Chain 150' 3/4" 3-Strand Nylon Rode
– 45# Bruce Anchor w/150' 3/8" Chain 120' 3/4" 3-Strand Nylon Rode
– SS Side Swim Ladder
– Gozzard Dinghy Davits Integral with Pushpit
– 6 West Marine Inflatable Life Vests
– Lifesling MOB System
– Docklines and Fenders
– Dodger and Bimini with Tan Canvas (2015)
– Cockpit Cushions (2016)
Items Not Included in Sale
– Dinghy Outboard
– All Tools
– All Fishing Equipment
– All Books Not Pertaining to the Boat or Its Equipment
Additional Equipment Included in Sale
– Mantus Anchor and Mooring Snubber
– Accumulated Spare Parts for Diesel and Various Pumps
– Rebuilt Starter
– Boarding Ladder
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!