Cruisers 1973 Gulfstar Center Cockpit Ketch listed by Edwards Yacht Sales (Off Market)
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
Encore has been extensively updated for extended cruising as follows:
2009 - New standing rigging and chain plates.
2010 - New Adler Babour refrigeration.
2011 - New running rigging, new bimini dodger, new water maker, new solar panels with controller, new house batteries, and electronics including AIS.
Additionally in 2011 Encore's Perkins engine and transmission were both rebuilt, with only 239 hours.
NO Teak Decks!
Builder: Gulfstar Yachts (USA)
Designer: Vince Lazzarra
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 41 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 8 in
Displacement: 22000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 50 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 8 in
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 4-108
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 239
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 50 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (50 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (50 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (21 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of twin berths: 2
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Seating Capacity: 6
Plotter - Raymarine C120
Radar - Raymarine 4kw
GPS - Raymarine C120
Wind speed and direction
Autopilot - Raymarine ST70
Furling genoa - 135%
Electric bilge pump
Fresh water maker
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet - 30 amp.
Electrical Circuit: 110V
Encore has been updated with AC and heat.6'8" headroom in the main salon and galley.You enter the salon/galley area from the center cockpit.The settee is spacious and can seat up to 7 people comfortably. Plenty of storage is provided under the seating and to the sides of the hull with a book shelf and cupboards above the settee and a large cupboard next to the salon.
The galley is U shaped on port with propane stove, microwave, locker style refrigerator and lots of storage areas.
Moving forward is theheadwith double doors for privacy.Further forwardis a V-berth with stowage underneath and a hanging locker to starboard.
Movingaft from the salon throughthe passageway on starboard isthecaptains state room.The headis located behind the engine compartment. There is plenty of storage below theaft berthand large hanging lockersto starboard. The headhas avanity and hot/cold shower.
The U-shaped galley is a favorite amongst chef's, due to everything is at your fingertips. There is plenty of counter space, with an additional table that can extend beyond the stainless sink. As with a lot of cruisers you have a choice of water all discharging at the sink, either a manual salt water pump, Hot/cold with Culligan filtered water or the watermaker. The top loading icebox was upgraded with refrigeration. Along with the 3 burner Seaward stainless steel propane stove and oven, a microwave was added to help out with cooking.
– 12 volt fan
– Katadyn Power Survivor 40e watermaker - NEW in 2011
– Microwave oven - NEW in 2011
– Adler Barbour Super cold icebox refridgerator conversion - Installed 2010
– Hot water - 6 gal. 120vac and engine heat exchanger located in the engine compartment.
Hull, Rigging and Sails
In 2009-12 "Encore", went through an extensive refit in preparation for some comfortable cruising with peace of mind added in for good measure.Gulfstars are renowned for their seaworthyness and make for great cruisers. So to continue in bringing her up to date her owners replaced or added:
– Standing rigging, including Chainplates by SSMR - NEW 2009 ,
– Running rigging - NEW 2011
– Restiched sails - IN 2012 The mainsail is fitted with a Dutchman Sail Flaking system - just release the halyard, straighten up a bit and your done!
– Profurl roller furling Jib - NEW Blocks and line 2012
– Bimini - NEW 2010
– Dodger with Stratoglass - NEW 2010
– There were no blisters but for self assurance when the hull was repainted in 2011, a barrier coat was put on first and then 3 coats of bottom paint.
– The deck was given a coat of paint in 2011.
– Manual Windlass
– Raymarine C120 12 integrated chartplotter purchased Installed 2011 mounted @ helm with new chart chips for Florida, Caribbean, South America and Bahamas.
– Raymarine 4KW radar Installed 2011
– Raymarine DSM 30 color fishfinder - NEW 2011
– Raymarine SR50 Sirius weather and radio - NEW 2011
– Raymarine 12vdcbelow deck autopilot with dedicated tiller arm - NEW 2011
– Raymarine GPS Installed 2011
– AIS NEW 2011
all integrated in nav display @ helm -
– Garmin handheld backup GPS with 12v cradle in salon
– Uniden DSC VHF radio in salon with remote speaker for cockpit ( new ant. On mizzen mast 2011)
– Cobra VHF handheld
Entertainment is provided by:
– 24" Icd HDTV on a swivel mount - NEW 2010
– DVD Player - NEW 2010
Note: all the speakers are independently adjustable
– Alpine AM-FM-CD-MP3 Stereo NEW 2010
– Electrovoice speakers in salon New 2010
– Sony speakers in aft cabin NEW 2010
– Cockpit speakers - Dual
– 3 - 135 watt Kyrocera solar panels with Blue Sky charge controller - NEW 2011
– 4 - 6v Golf batteries for in house bank - New 2011
– 12v engine starting battery with charge combiner and isolator - NEW 2011
– LED 12v Interior Lighting
– 110v fluorescent lighting
– LED nav lights
– 700 watt AC inverter
– 30 AMP Charles battery charger - NEW 2011
– Victron battery monitor for house bank
– 3 - staged bilge pumps with high water alarm
– Propane solenoid shutoff from galley NEW 2010. The propane locked is on the stern in a fiberglass dock box. The propane tank is fiberglass construction.
– Lavac toilet
– Henderson pump -Plumbed for overboard discharge or into holding tank
– Jabsco Toilet -New 2012 plumbed for overboard discharge
A/C is a 110v King Air with 16,500 BTU rev. cycle heat installed in 2001.
Recent engine work was performed to insure safe passage and operation.
– Also, the Borg and Warner transmission was rebuilt in 2011
– In 2011 - Perkins 4-108 4cyl. diesel, professionally rebuilt - Accelerated Yacht Services, currently only 239 hours.
– Michigan 3 blade propeller - NEW 2011
– Exhaust temp alarm - NEW 2011
– 12v oil change pump - NEW 2011
Note that with a little rearranging of the engine compartment there is sufficient space to install a generator.
Encore has been meticulously brought up to date with today's standards of cruising. Her owners have chosen a quiet means of recharging her batteries for long peaceful stays in scenic coves. With the extensive refit and attention to safety in new navigation equipment, she will provide peace of mind combined with low maintenance to give many years of enjoyment to her future owners.
Encore's interior shows well and she is air conditioned. She is a dry boat a nd ready for cruising to your favorite destination. Her current slip is transferable and the marina is live-a-board friendly.
Encore is ready for a Bahamas cruise or a live-a-board in downtown St. Petersburg!