Center Cockpit 1977 Gulfstar MK II
Off Market since Aug 28th 2018
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
Opportunity to acquire a timeless good looking classic with engine, generator, AC, Heat, refrigeration and other replacements/upgrades. Very well equipped example of the rare two cabin owners version. This is a superb value if you are willing to spend time on mast and topside blisters in painted areas above waterline.
– The spars and mainsail were submerged in salt water while stored on land, need to be inspected and refurbished as needed. The radar dome on mast was also submerged. Stainless rigging and chainplates had been replaced by the previous owner.
– There are blisters in the mid-ships topside paint areas. The topsides were painted in 2012 and the boat was immediately shrink wrapped and stored on-the-hard. The blisters were discovered when the shrink wrap was removed earlier this year. They were likely caused by moisture trapped between the shrink wrap and the hull.
– The Boat has been shrink wrapped and stored for over five years and the systems have not been used. Before being stored everything functioned properly.
Albatros has never been in charter and was lightly used. In fact, she was in storage in the northeast for approximately twelve years before her previous owner purchased her and did a major refit. The refit included full refurbishment of the engine compartment, a new (2008) 110 HP Yanmar turbo diesel and a new Fischer Panda generator. Also part of the refit were new electronics, new Hood stainless steel hatches, new stainless-steel opening ports, installation of a 3-zone A/C, Espar heat, refrigeration and other equipment noted in equipment section. The headliner was also replaced, and the interior wood work and sole reconditioned.
Albatros was relocated to Savannah from Huntington, NY in 2012 by her current owner who is a yacht design professional. He hoped to liveaboard her but was relocated for work. In 2012, she was hauled out, the spars were removed, and the topsides were painted. Following the paint job, she was shrink wrapped and stored on-the-hard. During a flooding event at the yard, her spars were submerged in salt water. Before discovering the blisters, the owner planned on re-commissioning the boat and having the spars reconditioned to sell her. Due to owner time constraints the boat is being offered for sale in AS-IS condition at a discounted price.
Some of the photos of Albatros in the water were taken in 2012. All other topside photos in the yard on the hard and interior photos are current.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: R.C. Lazzara
LOA: 50 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 8 in
LWL: 39 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Ballast: 10500 lbs
Dry Weight: 35000 lbs
Total Power: 110 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2008
Engine Model: 4JH4HTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 500
Engine Power: 110 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (210 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (25 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Seating Capacity: 10
Wind speed and direction
Manual bilge pump
Electric bilge pump
Sea water pump
Shore power inlet
Outboard engine brackets
Total Liferaft Capacity: 6
Accommodations & Equipment
You will be impressed by the condition of Albatros interior. The high-quality teak joinery and cabin sole are in excellent condition with updates (ie ports 2008, hatches 2008, upholstery 2005 headliner 2005) and subsequent minimal use have kept Albatros looking current.
Beginning forward, the Guest Cabin has a double V-berth with a filler cushion. There are two opening stainless steel ports and a very large deck hatch providing natural light and ventilation. The cabin also has an air conditioning vent and control for added comfort. There is above average storage with two hanging lockers and six drawers.
Aft of the guest cabin on the port side, is a large Guest Head with shower, vanity, sink and an opening port. It is accessible from both the salon and the guest cabin. There is another large hanging locker adjacent to the guest head on the starboard side.
The spacious Salon features a comfortable U-shaped settee to port, a settee to starboard and a centerline drop leaf table. There is a pilot berth to starboard and cabinets/shelves on both sides of the salon. Two large stainless steel deck hatches, five stainless steel opening ports, and four large fixed ports provide plenty of natural light and ventilation.
This two-cabin owners version features a large L-shaped Navigation Station aft of the salon on the starboard side with an adjacent large 5 foot high hanging locker ideal for foul weather gear. The nav station has a swivel chair, a large drawer, a cabinet, and shelves. The removable ladder next to the Navigation Station provides the forward access area to the extra large engine room. There is a door with inspection window for aft access to the engine room across from the stove/oven.
The large L-shaped Galley is aft of the salon on the port-side. It is equipped with a double S/S sink, an S/S dishwasher, a Crosby cold-plate refrigeration system and a Force 10 stove/oven with a ceramic cooktop. There are two large storage pantries, three drawers, and cabinets that run the length of the galley.
– Cold-plate refrigeration
– Custom freezer
– Updated countertop
– Force 10 oven/stove (2006)
– Hot Cold pressure water (new pump 2006)
– Updated sink and faucet
The large Engine Room is accessible via a large door under the companion-way ladder and a door in the passageway between the galley and the owners cabin. The primary AC and DC electrical panels and the generator controls are located in the passageway as well.
The aft Owners Stateroom features an en suite head with standup stall shower, a massive U-shaped berth and plenty of storage with 7 drawers and hanging locker. There is maximum amounts of light and ventilation with 5 ports and a very large overhead hatch.
– Upholstery replaced in 2005
– Headliner replaced in 2005
– Woodwork renewed in 2005
– Two new heads with holding tank, macerator pump and Y-valves installed in 2005
– Sanitation lines replaced in 2005
– Sun covers for windows and hatches (2007)
– Bulkhead and overhead lighting replaced in 2006
– Solid teak paneled doors and louvered lockers
– 3-zone A/C system
Electronics Navigation include the following which have been replaced in the timeframe noted:
– Raymarine C80 Chartplotter mounted at helm (2006)
– Raymarine Radar (2006), dome was with mast in flooding and needs checkout
– Navionics map chips from Maine to Florida and the Bahamas (2006)
– Sirius antenna with receiver controls in cockpit
– Raystar 125 GPS receiver (2006)
– Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot with hydraulic ram (2006)
– Raymarine ST60 Depth Sounder/Temp (bronze transducer) (2006)
– Raymarine ST60 Compass(2006)
– Raymarine ST60 Wind (2006)
– Danforth stainless steel binnacle mounted compass
– Masthead mounted hailer
– Standard Quantum VHF with DSC and Cockpit Mic(2006)
– Stereo System with 10 disc changer and cockpit speakers and controls (2006)
– Stainless ships clock and barometer (2005)
– Two 50 shore power cables with adaptors
– AC/DC power panel with circuit breakers
– 60 amp 3 bank battery charger(2006)
– 1000 Watt Inverter (2009)
– Fireboy Halon system in engine room
– Twin Racor 500 series fuel filters
– 3 Water separators
– Automatic Bilge Pump
– Manual Bilge Pump
– Twin Cruisair 10,000 BTU AC Units with 3 zones (20,000 BTU total) (2011)
– Espar D7L Diesel cabin heater (2011)
– Raritan 6 gal hot water heater (elements changed in 2006)
– Engine room blower (2006)
– Air Compressor for diving or tools. Includes hose and regulator
– Inventory of spares including pumps, rebuild kits, engine parts
– Hood loose footed ma i n with recent Dutchman system and sailcover
– Two position reefing system led to cockpit
– Hydraulic backstay adjuster
– Hood 150% Genoa with integral suncover
– Hood 140% Genoa
– Working Jib
– Recent Harken roller furling
– Recent Tides Marine mainsail track
– Hood Cruising Spinnaker
– Running Rigging replaced (2006)
– Lines led to cockpit via Harken deck organizers and s/s blocks (2006)
– 2 Barient 28 self tailing halyard winches
– 2 Barient 32 self tailing sheet winches
– 3 Barient 19 self tailing sheet winches
– Dual spinlock 3 line clutches (2006)
– Forespar solid boom vang (2006)
Deck and Hull
The hull of this Gulfstar 50 is solid, hand laid fiberglass. The bottom was barrier coated by previous owner and there is no evidence of blisters. There is a full length rub-strake constructed of teak and stainless steel.
– Deck fittings including winches, turnbuckles and anchor windlass were removed and RE-CHROMED in 2009
– Ideal Windlass with cockpit controls
– 4 Hood s/s hatches (2005)
– 11 s/s opening ports(2005)
– 60# Danforth anchor with approx. 200 chain and 300 rode
– 4 highly polished Dorade type vents and stainless guards
– Custom s/s teak gate mounted swim ladder (2005)
– Saltwater washdown system (2006)
– Freshwater washdown system (2006)
– Stainless wheel with leather cover
– Teak cockpit table (2006)
– Teak cockpit floor grating (2006)
– Cockpit cushions (2006)
– 4 large fenders
– 8 dock lines
– Magma stainless grill
– Outboard hoist
– Edson pedestal guard with Navigation equipment (see electronics)
– Stainless steel bow pulpit and pushpit
– Stanchions, double lifelines and port/starboard opening gates
– Canvas includes Dodger with grabrail, custom bimini with enclosure, hatch covers, pedestal cover, hatch wind scoops
– Switlik Offshore 6 person liferaft w/hydrostatic release (2006)
– Radar reflector
– Jacklines, tethers and harnesses
– Horseshoe ring with strobe light
– Masthead strobe light
– USCG required running lights including Masthead tri-color light
– Fog Horn and hailer
– Ships bell
– Binnacle mounted compass
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
The content of this listing, including photographs, are the property of SJ Yachts and shall not be reproduced or published without the express written consent of SJ Yachts.
Find out about different sailboat types, most popular sailboat brands and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide. Find out about different sailboat types, sail vs power boat, most popular sailboat brands, what do you need to own a sailboat and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide.