Cruisers 1979 Gulfstar Sailmaster
Off Market since May 14th 2016
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
The Gulfstar Sailmasters are well known for their unbelievably roomy interiors. They boast 6'5" or more headroom throughout most of the boat and have as much beam as many motor yachts. Their rich teak interiors are warm and inviting and very well executed.
The galley is large with plenty of storage, refrigeration, and freezer capacity. The aft stateroom is enormous with a center line queen berth. Both heads feature separate stall showers. The design incorporates several large wrap around windows in the raised cabin top, which create bright and airy accommodations below. With 195 gallons of fuel and 300 gallons of water, you'll have an impressive cruising range. A Sailmaster is as good as it gets for living aboard and long-term tropical cruising.
See the brokers comments section for more details on the condition of this capable cruiser.
– Perkins 135HP Diesel. (Extremely clean! 2600 hrs)
– 8KW Northern Lights Genset (NEW 2006, 512 hours)
– Two Cruiseair air conditioning units (NEW 2006, 36,000 BTU total! )
– Large Refrigerator, Freezer, and Filtered Ice Maker
– 6' 5" Headroom Throughout
– Twin High Output Alternators (150A and 70A)
– 2000W Inverter/ Charger
– Dinghy Davits
– 9' Boston Whaler w/ 15HP Yamaha
– Specs Keel: Fin
Dimensions LOA: 47 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 8 in
LWL: 40 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 5 in
Displacement: 38000 lbs
Ballast: 10500 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 55 ft 0 in
Engines Engine 1:
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 1979
Engine Model: 6-354
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2600
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 135 HP
Tanks Fresh Water Tanks: (300 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (195 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Accommodations Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
This Gulfstar Sailmaster is perfect for living aboard or long range comfortable cruising. She sleeps 6 adults in Forward Guest Stateroom, Aft Master Stateroom, and Salon table which converts to double berth. Both staterooms have ensuite heads with separate shower stalls. This Sailmaster has great ventilation and lighting throughout the boat.
– (2) Air Conditioning/Heating Units, 36,000 BTU total:
– 24,000 BTU CruiseAir serving the salon, galley and forward stateroom (cold heat cycle)
– 12,000 BTU CruiseAir serving Aft Stateroom
– Teak and holly cabin sole throughout
– Fantastic Galley with ample refrigeration and freezer space
The Salon has an L-shaped seating area with dining table to port with additional bench seating to starboard. The table lowers to convert to a double berth w/slide-out cushion. The Navigation Station is aft and to starboard of the salon area. This Sailmaster has extensive ventilation and natural lighting through hatches, opening ports, deadlights, and large windows.
– Air Conditioned with 24,000 BTU A/C
– Beautiful teak and holly cabin sole
– Synthetic leather upholstery in great condition
– Three opening hatches
– Large fixed windows in salon
– Complete curtains
– Engine room access in cabin sole
– Raritan Ice maker
– Dedicated liquor storage
Galley is down from the Salon and to port.
– (3)Burner Shipmate LPG Stove/Oven
– (2)LPG 10lb. tanks
– GE Microwave
– Large top loading refrigerator and separate freezer. A Grunert water cooled cold plate system brings the freezer down to Zero degrees, and the refer down to 30 degrees.
– Icemaker in Salon
– (2)Water Tanks
– Large double Stainless Steel Sink w/faucet spray
– Hot Cold Pressurized Fresh Water System
– Water Filtration System for ice maker and dedicated galley faucet
– 12-Gal Raritan Hot Water Heater
– Dish lockers Utensil drawers
– Dry storage bin
– Lots of Storage
– Tank Monitor- (Needs to be repaired)
Entrance to the Aft Master Stateroom is to port from the Main Salon. This Master Stateroom has a custom centerline QUEEN-SIZE BERTH. To Starboard is a chest of drawers; and to port is a double hanging locker. The ensuite head has a separate shower stall.
– Air Conditioned
– (2) fixed ports in stern
– Large opening hatch
– (4) opening ports
– Access to steering and autopilot under the berth
The Forward Stateroom has a large V-Berth with shelving on port and starboard, a hanging locker and chest of drawers. Additional storage is under the V-Berth. Aft to starboard is the ensuite head w/separate shower stall.
– Air conditioned
– 6'6" headroom
– Large opening hatch
– The v-berth has a custom lee cloth supported by a stainless rail (see photos). It can be easily removed with removing a few screws.
The Forward Head is starboard with manual toilet, vanity w/sink, and a separate shower stall. The head can be accessed from either the galley or the forward staterooms private entrance.
The Aft Head is ensuite in the Master Stateroom with a manual toilet, vanity w/sink, and separate shower stall.
Both heads have large mirrors and opening port lights.
The large center cockpit has a walk-through entrance on the starboard side which provides easy access in and out of the Cockpit.
– Bimini and dodger w/ privacy panel (dark blue)
– Cockpit Cushions
– Deep storage under all cockpit seats
– Autopilot controls
– Wind, speed, depth, and compass displays
Deck and Hull
The Sailmaster has wide side decks making it easy to leaving the Center Cockpit and go forward to tend to equipment or sails.
– Heavy duty dinghy davits
– Boston Whaler rigid dinghy w/ 15HP Yamaha engine
– Salt and fresh water washdown on Aft Deck
– 8" Bell
– Navigation Lights
– Rail mounted Magma portable BBQ
– CQR 45lb. Anchor w Rhode
– Maxwell 2200 Electric Windlass w/ foot switches and cockpit controls
– (1)Fore deck Hatch
– (1)Aft deck Hatch
– (2)Main Cabin Hatches
– (1)Galley Hatch
Engine and Mechanical
– Perkins 6-354 FWC diesel engine, 135HP w/2700 hrs.
– 8KW Northern Lights Diesel Genset (512 hrs)
– Engine Gauges: Tach, Oil Pressure, Water Temp, Volts
– High water alarm
– High engine temp alarm
– Low engine oil pressure alarm
– Borg Warner Velvet Drive Transmission
– 3-Blade Propellor
– (2) Automatic Bilge Pumps
– (1) Manual Bilge Pump
– Fire Extinguishers
– Automatic Fire Extinguisher System installed in engine room
– Engine hot water heat exchange system
– Northern Lights 8KW Generator (NEW 2006) w/512 hrs.
– 150A alternator w/ Balmar regulator for house bank
– 70A Alternator for starting battery
– Exide 2000 Watt Inverter / 100A battery charger
– 50 Amp Shore Power Connection
– (8)Batteries total: (2) 6V for Engine,, (6) 6V for house bank
– Spreader lights
– Neatly arranged AC and DC distribution panels
The Navigation Station is to starboard aft of the Salon and is very accessible to the companionway to the cockpit. A pedestal chair is mounted for seating.
– Furuno Radar Model 1931, 48 NM range
– Furuno GPS
– Centec Benmar Autopilot
– Autohelm wind, speed, depth, and speed
– Icom M422 VHF w/ remote mic at helm and davit mounted antenna
– Icom M127 VHF w/ masthead antenna
– 150 percent genoa (average condition)
– Roller furling mainsail (currently removed, being repaired- Will update listing when repairs are complete)
– Asymmetrical spinnaker w/ Sock
Mechanically and electrically, this boat is well above average. Her engine room is extremely clean. Her interior woodwork shows minimal signs of wear, and the teak and holly sole is in fantastic condition. She has a well-equipped galley and storage everywhere. The interior of the boat shows like a much newer vessel.
Her next owner will need to spend some time taking care of exterior cosmetic projects. She is now ready for deck paint, hull wax, exterior teak refinishing, and updated electronics. No structural repairs are needed.
Although she is due for paint, her deck is solid with no soft areas. For the right DIY owner, painting the deck and refinishing the teak would transform this boat into one of the nicest Seamasters around, and for much less than the other sister ships on the market.
Find out about different sailboat types, most popular sailboat brands and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide. Find out about different sailboat types, sail vs power boat, most popular sailboat brands, what do you need to own a sailboat and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide.