THIS IS A NEW ORDER YACHT BUILT TO SEMI CUSTOM SPECIFICATIONS.
The Hallmark 480 is built by Pantawee Marine LTD. of Thailand. PML is directed by Jack Hall, a New Zealand trained shipwright who trained with the Salthouse group in NZ. Jack has long been the builder of Hans Christian yachts, along with exceptional experience with custom projects, molds, and other types of yacht building projects. He and his wife Jum run the Pantawee yard with an efficient group of Thai and various expats who have chosen a life in Thailand. The Hallmark 480 is a design from Chuck Paine who is very well known for his exceptional work over the years. (quoted from Chuck Paines web site)For decades Chuck Paine and Bob Perry shared the leadership of the sell up and sail market for semi-production world cruisers. Though that market is well served by the brokerage houses today, there are still a few out there who possess the financial means to build new and the desire to enjoy the first more care-free years of a yachts life. Some of his designs include the following yachts; French Webb 75, Kanter 65, Cabo Rico 56, Lyman-Morse 54, Fay 54, Morris 486, Kanter 48, Bowman 48, Morris 46 Deck Saloon, Morris 46 Morris 45, Morris 45 Racer/Cruiser, Cabo Rico 42 Pilothouse, Cabo Rico 40/42, Bowman 42, Morris 42, Jessica 38, Morris 38, Expannie 36, Morris 34, Roanhorse 31 and other mega-yachts, leaves no doubt about his ability in design.
You can expect a quick an stable platform, and an interior that will please the most particular cruiser. There are three versions that go from three to four staterooms. Give me a call at your leIsure and we can go over the fact that building a new yacht can be a lifetime experience.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
BUILD A CUSTOM 48 WELL PROVEN CRUISER
The Hallmark 480 was conceived, engineered and constructed for serious offshore passage-making and extended living aboard. There is little that can be said further about Chuck Painses ability to achieve the specific design objectives that were accomplished in this yacht.
Large enough to take you anywhere in the world in comfort and safety, and small enough to be handle easily by a couple in their later years. With an optional mast height allowing 63 foot bridge clearance, passages along the intercostal waterway are no problem. An overall length of less than 50 foot allows for inexpensive docking in small, secluded marinas.
Sufficient waterline length and generous sail area, and a slippery hull form combine to provide consistently high sailing speed while reaching. Hull sections produce continuous speed even when heeling. The small wing fin keel maintains a good directional stability.
High-capacity tankage and an efficient propulsion system provide a reliable 1300 nautical miles. This range can be increased with reduction of the water suppy at optional cost.. This range is calculated on an 8 knot cruise over light chop.
Conservative in profile, with classic overhangs, modern hull form and traditional interior to reflect refined taste and values while usingcontemporary styling and materials.
SAFETY AND RELIABILITY
A serious long-range cruiser that is seaworthy, with great structural integrity and a limit of positive positive stability of 125 degrees. Desi
COMFORT AND LIVABILITY
A comfortable and hospitable interior and cockpit that show an awareness of sailing as only one part of real cruising life. Designed and built with the capacity to accommodate modern, high-tech appliances often added in the future to increase the luxury and convenience of extended living aboard.
Sufficiently shallow draft at 5 11 to allow for extensive cruising in the Bahamas and gunkholing in the Chesapeake while loaded with 5,000 lbs. of fluids, equipment, personal goods, and consumables
– LOA 47 11
– LEMGTH WATERLINE 42 6
– DRAFT 6 11
– DISPLACEMENT 34,000 LBS.
– EXTERNAL L;EAD BA;AST 12,500 LBS
– BALLAST/DISPLACEMENT 37%
– DISPLACEMENT/LWL 211
– SAIL AREA 1058 SQ FT
– SAIL AREA/DISPLACEMENT 17.5
– BRIDGE CLEARANCE 66 OR 63
– RIG SLOOP OR CUTTER
– ALUMINUM SPAR AND BOOM - UPGRADES OPTIONAL.
– YANMAR DIESEL 75 STD. 120 OPTIONAL
– FUEL 120 USG. (OPTIONAL 220)
– QUEEN BERTH S (2) 6 10 LENGTH
– SALON HEADROOM 6 6
– STATEROOM HEADROOM 6 4
– OPERABLE PORTS 12
– HATCHES STAINLESS STEEL 9
– COWEL VENTS 3
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT ON QUOTE
Such equipment includes electric windlass, larger Yanmar Diesel, custom refrigeration, freezers, folding propeller, furling systems for all sails, custom sails to replace standard package, electric winches, Diesel generators to 12KW, dodger and Bimini, custom woodwork changes and optional interior upgrades, Along with much more.
– The Hallmark features a double bow crush along and two watertight bulkheads, the cockpit is exceptional for a center cockpit due to the seating arrangement along with the two walk thru gates on the port and starboard side. This has always been a point of contention with the c/c boats that it is hard to get out of the cockpit. In the Hallmark 480 the side openings feature fold up backs that can be closed forseating room or opened they fit into the deck as walkways. This means that when leave the cockpit, you are at the same height as the weather decks. A great safety feature and really quite convenient.
– The keel is external lead with a wing at the after end of the chord. This offers more stiffening of the vessel.
– The storage is amazing with deep bilges in the salon, and numerous deck hatches for all those things you cant find in other yachts.
Call for more discussion on this exceptional and well proven sailing yacht. Average build time is 1 year. and you save a lot of money if you take delivery in Thailand. Otherwise all commissioning is done in Newport Beach
Like the deck and cockpit areas, the interior of DEEP GREEN is designed for long distance passage making with tons of storage and plentiful handholds while offering luxurious accommodations to her owners and crew. The exceptionally crafted varnished teak woodwork and dark green upholstery combine to give the living spaces a warm feeling, and the plentiful hatches and large ports of the raised deck saloon keep the interior bright and airy. The teak and holly sole is especially beautiful, and the many securely latched access plates allow you to get to all the spaces below it.
All the way forward is secondary head compartment complete with manual head, curved vanity with stainless steel sink, plenty of locker storage, and a surprisingly roomy shower area.
The forward cabin runs the full width of the boat. The double berth to port is raised up a bit to provide six large drawers below it. A clever shuttered window connects this area to the main cabin when desired. To starboard is a love seat-sized settee for private relaxing in these guest quarters. Large opening hatches and opening ports allow lots of light and ventilation to enter this cabin. A full height hanging locker, and another large locker give you plenty of room to stow your gear for a long voyage.
The main cabin has a very large L-shaped settee to port with a large table on a pedestal to permit dining and cocktail table heights. To starboard is a full length settee. Cabinets and bookshelves with double fiddles are situated outboard of both settees. As mentioned earlier, the six large fixed ports of the raised deck and the overhead hatches give this cabin an inviting feeling for hours of lounging and entertaining.
A proper forward facing nav station with large table and comfortable seat is located just aft of the starboard settee. Full navigation and communications instrumentation can be found here along with the comprehensive DC electrical panel. Storage is in drawers and under the nav table lid. In the faces of the passageway leading to the main head compartments are the switches for high amperage breakers and the AC electrical control panel.
Moving aft along the starboard side you pass through the roomy separate stall shower area into the generously sized main head compartment. Here you will find a curved teak vanity with a sink and mirror and lots of locker storage. Along the inboard side of these compartments are large doors for easy access to engine and generator systems.
The in line galley runs down the port side. Drawers, lockers and cabinets abound here to store food and supplies. Double stainless steel sinks are inboard to optimize drainage. The stove and separate refrigerator and freezer with digital control panels are outboard. Open counter space allows for easy food preparation. One of the oversized fixed ports is located in this area to bring an unusual degree of natural light.
The owners cabin can be access from the galley or the head compartment. The centerline bed is huge and you can very easily get into it from either side. Of course this cabin offers a plethora of storage possibilities for all your gear in numerous drawers and lockers. Plenty of floor space permits easy movement throughout the cabin. Hatches and ports open as needed to bring in light and ventilation.
Occupying the central area under the cockpit are the well insulated engineering spaces for the main diesel and the generator. This areas can be easily accessed behind the companionway stars and through doors along the starboard side and in the aft cabin.
HULL and DECK
The Hull is molded in solid GRP with Kevlar reinforcement and balsa core above the waterlines. The hull is finished in Deep Green Awlgrip with custom white/green/white boot top. Vinylester resin is on first two layers of lamination. Externally bolted lead keel and epoxy barrier coats on the bottom with black ablative anti-fouling.
Fiberglass decks with balsa coring and two tone finish white with molded in gray non-skid. Generous center cockpit with walk thrus port and starboard. Substantial stainless steel grab rails assist with ease of transit fore and aft in heavy weather.
The Hallmark 480is designed with innumerable detailed features among them is the crash zone forward in which a double hulled section reinforced with Kevlar was built into the boat. We mention it below but please do call for the builder brochure with details over 50 unique features that make theHalmarkstand above the rest when it come to extended offshore cruising.
– Balsa core, hand laminated deck with solid GRP in all high stress areas, including mast, Genoa tracks, winches
– Aluminum toe rail
– Stainless steel grab rails on cabin top
– Stemhead fitting with stainless steel double anchor rollers
– (3) Stainless steel dorade vents
– (8) Hatches
– (10) Opening ports, including 2 stern ports and 2 cockpit ports
– (11) Fixed ports (hull and deck)
– Propane gas stowage lockers (two 10lb LPG tanks) with deck access
– Separate vented locker for outboard motor fuel tank
– (6) 12 stainless steel mooring cleats, (2) primaries forward, (2) amidships, (2) aft
– Teak transom swimming platform with swim ladder and steps
– Rub rail with stainless striker
– Teak pushpit seats
– Substantial storage lockers forward and aft, dinghy gasoline locker propane locker
– Custom upholstery is standard and made in California
SAILS and RIGGING options
– Leisure Furl in-boom mainsail furling
– Profurl electric genoa furler
– Profurl jib furler (inner forestay)
– Selden rigid boom vang
– Spinnaker pole (carbon fiber) stores on mast
– Insulated backstay for SSB radio
– Mainsheet traveler
– Spectra halyards
– Removeable inner forestay for stormsail
– (2) 64ST electric self-tailing primary winches
– (2) 48ST self-tailing secondary winches
– (1) 48ST electric main halyard winch
– (1) 44ST mainsheet winch
– (2) 48ST mast halyard winches
– Doyle full batten mainsail **New 2013-UNUSED**
– North Spectra full batten mainsail
– Sperry 145% furling genoa
– Doyle 100% jib
– North Spectra 312 furling jib (for inner forestay)
– 1.5 oz cruising spinnaker
– Storm Jib with removable inner stay
MECHANICAL and PLUMBING STANDARD AND OPTIONS **
– Integral fiberglass tanks
– Max Prop Fast 4-blade feathering prop **New 2013**
– Spurs line cutters **
– Vetus bow thruster with controls at helm **
– Dual Racor 500 FG water separator fuel filters **
– Electric oil change pumps (engine and generator)
– (2) Electric bilge pumps with high water alarm
– (1) Manual bilge pump
– Kidde automatic engine room fire extinguisher **
– Hurricane Hydronic heating system (3 zones) **2011**
– Isotherm stainless steel 10 gallon hot water heater
– Dual fresh water pumps **
– Cruisaire reverse cycle heat/air **
– manual toilets fore and aft
– All waste line plumbing replaced with Trident sanitation hose **
– 30 gallon holding tanks with direct overboard and thru-deck discharge options
– Spectra Newport 400 watermaker **
– Custom pot line guard at rudder by Liss **
– Maxwell 2200 electric windlass **
– Salt water deck washdown system **
– Fresh water deck washdown system **
– Transom mounted fresh hot and cold water shower
– Force 10 3-burner propane stove with oven
– Custom refrigeration systems **
– Samsung microwave oven **
– (7) Group 8D AGM 12 volt house batteries **
– (2) Group 27 AGM 12 volt engine and generator start batteries **
– (6) Battery switches **
– Northern Lights Generator 8KW **
Superwind 350 watt wind generator
– 130 Amp engine alternator for house batteries **
– 80 Amp engine alternator for start batteries **
– Heart Freedom 25 2500 watt inverter/70 amp battery charger **
– Heart Link 2000 battery monitor **
– (3) 12 volt DC outlets in cockpit and at bow **
– 110 volt AC shore power with two 30 amp inputs
– (15) 110 volt AC outlets
– LED and flourescent interior lighting
– (8) 12 volt DC Hella cabin fans
ELECTRONICS SUGGESTED OPTIONS
– (2) ICOM 502 VHFs
– Raymarine E9 Hybrid multi function Seatalk includes radar, chart plotter, radar overlay, video sounder, AIS system et al.
– Garmin GPS MAP 7215 separate GPS antenna
– Garmin GXM51 XM Weather receiver with antenna **2011**
– Garmin GSD22 Depth Sounder
– Garmin M260 Transducer
– Garmin AIS
– Garmin GMR24 HD radar
– ICOM M-802 SSB radio with copper ground plane built into hull
– Nav Station configured for laptop control
– Garmin 7215 and laptop interface with NautiComp screens in cockpit
– Raymarine ST6000 autopilot with (2) separate electronic control units in the cockpit and nav station, hydraulic rudder control linear drive.
– Raytheon sailing instruments/depth sounder (redundant) with multiple repeaters over companionway
– Rogue Wave wifi internet connection
– Sony AM/FM/ Bose CD stereo with Bose speakers in main cabin, master stateroom, cockpit
– Sharp 20 flat screen TV with DVD player in main cabin.
– Sony 15 flat screen TV in master stateroom
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT OPTIONS
– Rocna 75lbAnchor
– Manson 60lbstainless steel plow anchor with 300 all chain rode
– Fortress PX37 high efficiency lightweight anchor with rope/chain rode
– Stainless steel emergency tiller (Stamdard)
– Life sling
– (6) Life jackets (included)
– Flare kit (included)
– Givens or Avon 6-man offshore life raft in canist
– Fenders and docklines (included)
– Outboard motor mount
– Canvas covers for main salon windows and hatches
– Magma gas barbecue
– Custom stainless steel dinghy davits
– Outboard motor hoist davit
– Opening port light screens companionway screens, deck hatch screens
– Winter cover and frame
– Novurania inflatable dinghy with Yamaha 4-stroke outboard
Mariners Yacht and Ship Brokerage offers the details of this vessel in good faith and offers a warranty that is passed on from the builder of 1 year on structural, and 4 years on osmotic blistering. Heritage Yachts will act as the buyers representative with the yard and will be in constant contact with all phases of construction. Heritage Yachts will assist buyer in such details as the buyer desires validated. We encourage buyers to visit the yard during construction, along with sending any representative that is deemed competent to inspect said vessel during the construction period. All rewuests wil be made in written for and delivered via email, facimile, or United States mail. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
All photographs, descriptions and technical data are the sole property of Mariners Yacht Ship Brokerage, Inc. and may not be copied, reproduced or redistributed in part or in whole by any method without the express written consent of the Mariners Yacht Ship Brokerage, Inc.
Owners personal items areNOT included.