Motor Yachts 1973 Hatteras 53 Classic Motor Yacht listed by United Yacht Sales (Off Market)
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
Amelia” is a beautiful example of this timeless Jack Hargrave design. The large interior volume and practical arrangement plan have made the Hatteras 53 the most successful medium sized motor yacht ever built to date.
Boasting lots of quality, very recent, upgrades, this is a very sound and capable yacht with many years of enjoyable boating life remaining.
Her paint, windows, bottom, interior, galley, electronics and mechanical's are all up to date and have recently been serviced or upgraded.
The entrance into the salon can be from either the port and starboard side doors or from the aft deck through two hinged swing doors. The salon is spacious, with surrounding windows that allow in natural lighting. The salon has all new furnishings and a Simulated Teak and Holly sole. There is an L Shaped sofa to port and a matching sofa to starboard. The new TV is mounted on the aft salon bulkhead to port. Forward is the fully instrumented lower helm.
Aft of the salon there are double doors to a very large aft deck with ample seating, and a wet bar to the port side. There are port and starboard wing doors leading out to the covered walk around side decks. There are port and starboard boarding gates at mid-ship both accommodating the single tide rider boarding ladder. On the foredeck features include sun-pads and built in cushioned guest seating.
Leading down from the starboard side forward in the salon is a curved stair-well down to the lower level. The galley has all new full-sized Stainless appliances and Quartz counter tops with a new Teak and Holly sole.
Forward is a private cabin with lower and upper berths and an en-suite head with shower. new Teak and Holly flooring in the stateroom and quartz countertops.
Aft of the galley on the port and starboard sides are the engine rooms with great engine access. The generator room is beneath the galley sole.
Further aft is the private guest stateroom, with two single berths and furthest aft is the master stateroom, with two single berths and a large hanging closet. There are two complete side by side heads with a shared stall shower for the two private aft cabins.
The main salon has many recent traditional upgrades including new simulated Teak and Holly flooring. There are sliding windows (with newer tracks and slides) all new furnishings and lamps. All new wooden louvered blinds. There is a portable helm chair, throw rugs and coffee tables. Furnishings are all lightweight resin with internal storage. There is a new Flat panel TV mounted on the aft port bulkhead.
– New Flat Panel TV
– Satellite TV Receiver
– Resin Furniture with storage
– Lower helm
– Helm Chair
– Coffee Table, End Tables
– LED Overhead Lighting
– Teak and Holly Cabin Sole
The galley is down with excellent storage and totally updated . New appliances installed in 2016. New quartz counter tops with designer faucets and Simulated Teak and Holly flooring.
– 2017 S/S large Toaster Oven
– 2016 Full sized Refrigerator Stainless with Icemaker
– 2016 Full sized Stainless Microwave
– 2016 Under counter Stainless Dishwasher
– 2016 Nuwave induction cooktop
– 2016 New Quartz Countertops
– 2016 New Quartz Dinette countertop
– 2016 New Teak and Holly Cabin Sole
The forward stateroom has upper and lower berths with drawers under lower berth. Private head with shower, sink and new quartz counter tops and bathroom fixtures.
– 2016 Quartz Countertops
– 2016 Bathroom faucets and fixtures
– Dometic Quiet Flush Electric head
– Shower curtain and shower
– Custom Teak shower grate (new)
Guest Stateroom Midships
Aft of the engine rooms to port, is the guest stateroom with two twin berths and a large hanging locker.
– Two opening port lights
– Hanging locker
– Wall to Wall carpet
– Direct access to private head and shower
– Head has new in 2016 quartz counter tops
– Head has shared shower stall with master
– Custom Teak Shower grate
– Dometic Electric Fresh Water Quiet Flush Head
– Teak and holly Flooring in head (2016)
The master stateroom is all the way aft and features twin berths (2), with wall to wall carpeting. There is a very large hanging locker, chest of drawers, and drawer storage under berths.
– En-suite access to master head
– New in 2016 Quartz counters, designer faucets and fixtures
– Dometic Electric Quiet Flush Fresh water head
– Teak and Holly Flooring in head (2016)
– Custom Teak Shower grate
Featuring a very large covered aft deck with newly upholstered seating and storage beneath. There is a rear gate that takes one down to the new fiberglass swim platform. There is also a ladder to access the fly-bridge from here. There are port and starboard wing doors as well as fiberglass weatherboards to allow for all weather usage of this area.
– New Dinghy Crane with electric winch 2017
– Windlass with Roller, Anchor, Chain and Rode
– High gloss teak cocktail table on aft deck
– Teak wing doors
– Fiberglass aft deck weatherboards
– Varnished Teak cap rails with Sunbrella Covers
– Fiberglass nonskid decks
– Sun pads for foredeck
– Forward deck seating with cushions
– Tide Rider 6 step boarding ladder
– New Bimini top and S/S Frame
– Double wide helm seat F/B
– Deck chairs
– (3) Anchors total
Both helms are fully equipped with Garmin Navigation package and full instrumentation
There is a new Sea Tel Satellite tracking TV receiver in 2016 .
Garmin 4208 Multi-Function Display with GPS Charting Garmin Color Radar Furuno RD 30 Ritchie Compass Full Mechanical instrumentation Trim Tab Controls Dual Lever engine controls
Garmin 4212 Multi-Function Display with GPS Charting Garmin Color Radar Furuno RD 30 Icom VHF Ritchie Compass Full Mechanical instrumentation
New in 2016 a Cummins Onan 17 KW Generator with a sound shield and all new exhaust, fuel filter and battery.
– 12-24-32 Volt DC Electrical
– Sentry 32 V 30 Amp 3 Stage Battery Charger
– 2 Banks of 8 Volt Batteries for 32 V system
– (1) 32 to 24 Volt step down transformer
– (1) 32 to 12 Volt Step down transformer
– 50 Amp 220V shore power system
– Shore power transformers
– Vessels lighting was upgraded to LED lights
Twin Detroit Diesel 8V-71 Diesel engines.Both engines received major servicing in 2016 to include the complete cooling system and exhaust systems.
Engine Hour meters show 1042 and 1047. Previous surveyor opinion-ed he believed them to be accurate. Engines appear to run well. Start clean with very little smoke. Engine hours are reported as viewed on meters.
– (2) Spare Propellers
– C02 Fire suppression system (Re-certified 2016)
– Dometic Electric Fresh Water Quiet Flush Heads
– Galley Maid fresh water pump and accumulator tank
– 20 Gallon Hot water heater
– Hydraulic trim tabs
– (4) Units of Reverse Cycle Marine Air conditioning
– New Air Conditioning sea water pump (2016)
– All Air Conditioning systems serviced in 2016
– New windshield wipers system 2016
– New High Water Bilge Alarm 2016
– New Carbon Monoxide detectors (3) New smoke detector (1)
– Engine Room Blowers
– Exhaust systems removed and serviced (2016)
– Engines serviced 2016
Since March of 2016 over $100,000 has been invested in Amelia' by professional technicians.
– New 17KW Onan generator
– All windows were serviced with gaskets, sealants, and slides as needed
– New bottom paint in 2016
– New Swim Platform, Transom Ladder, and Gate.
– Side F/B support struts were rebuilt with composite panels
– Bimini and Frame were added
– New Sunbrella teak handrail covers added
– Outdoor cushions renewed
– All interior/exterior lights replaced with LED
– All new Quartz Countertops in Galley, all 3 Heads and Dinette
– All new faucets and head fixtures
– All new Galley Appliances
– Boat was repainted in any areas where it was needed.
– New gold and black feature stripes added
– All new leather furniture in salon
– All new Faux Wooden Blinds
– All new Black Out covers for port lights in staterooms.
– All new port-light screens (with extra spares)
– Nearly all boat systems were serviced, replaced, or repaired as needed
– Steering System Hydraulic ram rebuilt
Amelia is a classic Hatteras Motor Yacht with an original teak interior. She has recently completed a major refit and reconditioning of the yacht which has only added to her original charm and warmth. She shows as a low hour, greatly loved yacht, which has many quality, and tasteful, upgrades.
The most popular full-sized motor yacht ever built by the top name in Yacht construction. You cannot go wrong with an older Hatteras, and this 53 Classic is a great example and rare opportunity for a discerning buyer.
* Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Thinking about buying a Motor Yacht? Check out our Motor Yacht guide to choose the right one for you. Thinking about buying a Motor Yacht? For a beginner or to cross the Atlantic? Used or new? Check out our Motor Yacht guide to choose the right one for you.