United Yacht Sales presents this Sports Fishing Boats 1969 Hatteras Sportfisher boat for sale.
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
YELLOW FIN is a classic Hatteras sportsfishing vessel with a tuna tower that was originally built in 1969. In 1996 Tom Slane restored the vessel to new condition. Tom Slane is the son of the late Willis Slane, founder of Hatteras Yachts. This vessel is now listed as a 1969/1996 Hatteras/Slane. Current owner has continued to upgrade and maintain the vessel over the last 20 years. Engines have only 750 hours on them. Buyer can choose between the Pompanette Fighting Chair or Rocket Launcher. YELLOW FIN is ready to go fishing or cruising. FINANCING MAY BE AVAILABLE TO QUALIFIED BUYERS!
Some of the notable upgrades that have been done:
– new custom cushions in helm
– new auto pilot
– removed engine driven generator and installed a Northern Lights generator
– installed custom freezer
– new engine oil change pump redid new shut offs for oil changes
– new shafts mounts with dripless logs
– new battery charger
– new rudders with dripless logs
– new larger aluminum fuel tanks each holding 206 gallons
– new super insulated ice bin in deck
– custom sunshade in deck
– custom rod storage cabinet in cabin
– redid electronics with 3D Navnet with 2 screens, Garmin GPS, 2 radios, one with AIS, Furuno radar, Sirius radio, autopilot temp gauges
– 2 birdsall teaser reels under helm hardtop
– dual Freg transducers
– redid hydraulic lines, microcommander controls, new hatch window and cover
– hull was shaved and entire boat rebounded
– bottom was painted in October and hull, deck tower were painted a few years ago
– new cored deck in cockpit
Please call and schedule a visit to Atlantic Beach, NC to see " Yellow Fin ."
Boarding vessel is on either gunwale or transom. The cockpit is 70 square ft. There are 3 steps up to the helm and cabin entrance. You lift the 3-step platform to access the engine and generator room. Fuel fill gauges are under the 3-step platform.
There is a centered helm station with two pedestal seats. Behind the pedestals are L-shaped leather seating on both sides with storage underneath. Cabin entrance is on the starboard going down 4 steps. There is one stateroom with the galley immediately to the right. Floor is carpeted and walls are teak. Rod locker is immediately to the left followed by the head/shower/sink. Both sleeping areas are to the bow and port side with storage above and below.
The tuna tower is accessed either via the port or starboard ladder. Bow can be accessed by either side of the helm with adequate safety handrails on both sides.
There is one main salon with a galley, two berths and a head/shower/sink. The breaker panel is immediately to starboard right of the steps. Galley is on starboard side as you enter. Both sleeping areas are to the bow and port. Stereo is to left of the steps, then the rod storage locker. Cabin is small but nicely laid out and in very good condition.
– Sony Stereo
Nova Kool Refrigerator, Sink and Sharp Microwave with ample storage above and below.
Master and Guest Berths
Forward V-Berth and Settee Berth.
Deck and Cockpit
Deck is close to 70 square feet. Buyer has a choice to choose between a Pompanette fighting chair or a Pompanette teak based rocket launcher secured to a post. Cockpit is self-bailing. The custom FRP Fish Box has been manufactured into the transom. The new Fish Box holds 85 gallons. As you can see in the photos each transom corner has been customized so you have great support.
Electronics and Helm
– Guest remote control spotlight.
– Radar and life raft on top of main helm hardtop.
Main Helm: Furuno NavNet 3D (2 units), Garmin GPS Map XS, Guest Spotlight VHF, Standard Horizon Eclipse, VHF Stand Horizon Matrix, Raypilot RP650 Auto Pilot, Dytek ST 100 Water Temperature, Engine gauges
Tower Helm: Ritchie Compass, Datamarine, Northstar Model 952x, Raytheon Raypilot 650.
Engines, Mechanical and Electrical Equipment
Engines: Caterpillar Model 3126
– Horsepower: 350 each
– Engines were rated for 420 HP. They were de-rated to 350 HP for longer life.
– Only 750 Hours on engine
– (2) 206 gal. aluminum fuel tanks - total 412 gal.
– 3010 Delta Plow Anchor with an Anchorman Power 700 Windlass
– 200’ of line and chain
– Northern Lights 6kw Generator with 890 hours
– Battery type: Blue Optima in series in 2 battery boxes
– Charles 30 Amp charger
– AC Compressor Unit
– Bennett Trim Tabs
– New zincs
– Shurflo Pump for Freshwater system
– Water heater 10 gallons
– Shorepower 30A / 120 VAC
– 30 Amp cable
– GFCI Receptacles
– Circuit Protection
– Prop size: 22” / 4 blades / Nibral
– Shaft size: 1 ½” Stainless steel
– Steering: Hydraulic
– Aluminum engine mounts are connected to FRP stringers
– Raw water cooled thru heat exchangers
– Electric shift controls
– Engine alarms
– Oil change pump
– Vac U Flush Electric head / Macerated
– Bilge pumps: Rule 4 pumps
– Outriggers: Rupp Serial No: 8647
– Deck lighting
– Cockpit rod holders
– Tower rod holders
– Shurflo washdown
– Life Raft by Elliot 6 person (out of inspection May 2019)
– EPIRB: Global Fix RLF 37 Cat II (Expires 4/21)
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!