Luke Brown Yachts presents this Cruisers 1982 Hinckley Sou'wester 59 boat for sale.
Contact Luke Brown Yachts with any questions about this Hinckley Sou'wester 59 by filling up the Contact form
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
This McCurdy Rhodes, center cockpit, ketch rigged Sou’wester 59’ offers a very spacious interior for her size, as well as a protected steering station. Easily managed for shorthanded sailing plus a centerboard configuration allow for versatile cruising capability. Built by the renown Hinckley yard of Scrimp construction with great attention to detail. These features in combination with WANDERER’s excellent condition will afford a new owner the ability to make a swift, bluewater passage or cruise leisurely in safety and comfort.
WANDERER is a lovely, classic Hinckley that is owned by an avid sailor who has kept her in excellent condition since taking possession of her in 2016. In addition to having had a proactive, knowledgeable owner, WANDERER has had the benefit of having had a highly experienced, part-time captain, as well as work done in very respected yards. She is now for sale due to the owner and his family no longer having the time to use her. A new owner will reap the rewards of buying a lovely, pedigree traditional sailboat with many significant upgrades. Currently located in Maine and available to be seen with prior notice.
Hull, Deck Superstructure Construction:
• Hull ID: HRH590010881.
• Per Hinckley specifications, construction is SCRIMP Carbon e-glass composite hull with Vinylester resin, e glass deck.
• Topsides are painted green with white boot stripe and gold cove stripe.
• Teak toe rail.
• Teak rub rail.
• Decks are molded nonskid.
• Modified fin keel with centerboard and skeg hung rudder.
Engine and Gearboxes:
• Yanmar 6BY3 160 VD72 diesel engine with wet/dry exhaust, new December 2016. Ideal cruising speed 7-knots
• Consumption – 1.5 gph @2300 RPM’s doing 8 knots
• (2) Racor fuel water separators and (1) Yanmar filter on main engine
• Wet exhaust
• Oil change pump for main engine
Maintenance and Performance:
• Engine hours 2,545 as of June 30, 2022.
• 2,000 hours service in June 2022
• All pumps and filtration equipment serviced or replaced.
Propulsion and Steering:
• 3-Blade Max prop on 1.5” stainless shaft
• PSS dripless stuffing box
• Line cutting spur, serviced in 2022
• Lewmar 24V bow thruster with back-up power pack
• Sound insulation and lighting - installed in 2016
• 12V DC.
• Main panel at nav. station, circuit breakers.
• AC/shore/tv inlets. (2) Hubbell 50-amp -125V connectors
• Shore power, 120V AC/50 Amp.
• Shore power cord with adaptors for 20V, 30V, or 50 plus splitter
Engine Starting Battery:
• Lifeline AGM – new 2021
• Six 12 Volt DC/Six 4D AGM batteries for house operation. 12 Volt batteries new 2020
• One 4D lead acid battery for engine start
• One Optima AGM battery for generator start (below companionway).
• Battery charger, Prosine 120 AMP.
• Two engine alternators, one for main engine starting battery and one for inverter.
• Northern lights generator, 12.5 kW, with wet/dry exhaust. Serviced in May 2022. 6,756 hours as of July 1, 2022.
• Freedom 3012 Xantrex, new in 2019. Able to carry everything but AC and hot water heater.
• Salt water wash down pump.
Fresh Water Water Heating System:
• Allcraft hot water heater, 20-gallon capacity, located below nav station: engine driven, and shore powered.
• Spectra watermaker. Overhauled in 2021 including new membranes – 22 gph. capacity
• Electric bilge pump with auto manual function.
• Cockpit bilge pump, manual.
• Manual bilge pump at nav. station.
• Two fuel tanks, capacity 270 gallons located below the work table (stbd. companionway) and outboard side of the port engine compartment FRP.
• Two water tanks, capacity 400 gallons, FRP. Located below the port settee and below the salon floor starboard side.
Blackwater Holding Tank:
• (2) tanks, one forward and one aft under owner's bathroom. Forward tank much larger than aft tank. (Macerator pump on each). (2) Separate hoses for forward black water tank: overboard and pump-out ashore.
– Two tanks, appx. 20-gallons each. Located below starboard cabin sole and in engine compartment.
• Two aluminum propane tanks, approx. 47lb. total in ventilated locker in stern
• (2) Trident gas sniffers in galley.
• Ritchie compass.
• BG radar, new 2016.
• GPS/Chart Plotters, (3) new in 2016: (2) BG in cockpit and at helm, (1) at chart table below
• Simrad AP22 autopilot.
• ICOM IC-M 506 VHF
• B G Hydra 2000 depth/speed/distance.
• B G Hydra 2000 wind instruments with analog wind function.
• Sailor SAT phone
• Custom knife/wine/spice racks in galley.
• Very deep ss sinks in galley.
• White Formica countertops.
• (2) 110V outlets in galley.
• Shipmate Force 10 3-burner stove with oven, new 2016
• (1) Sea Frost 120V AC refrigeration/freezer, water cooled and air cooled. Temperature gauges and temperature controls in galley. New fridge/freezer gaskets 2021
• GE microwave.
• New cutlery, plates, glasses, etc. 2016
• Shower sump pumps.
• Three VacuFlush toilets, fresh water flush.
• 10 Chrome dorades.
• HVAC – three Cruisair reverse cycle units, 2 x 10000 BTU and one 16000 BTU.
• Individual fans for each bunk
• Sony with CD player. New CD players in owner’s cabin and at chart table
• Polaroid TV/DVD.
• Separate Bluetooth and CD audio systems with speakers in main cabin and master stateroom.
• Danish “Cabin” lights in main salon and sleeping cabins.
• New linens, curtains (most), bunk covers, 2016
Summary of Accommodation:
• Storage compartment all the way forward, with plenty of room.
• Next aft on starboard is the fwd. head and shower.
• Next aft is the guest cabin with over and under bunks and additional storage. Upper bunk wider than original.
• On port is the second guest cabin with over and under bunks with private head / shower forward. Upper bunk wider than original.
• Next aft is the salon with a settee and dining table to port and two chairs to stbd.
• Aft to stbd is the navigation station with the galley across from it to port.
• Stepping aft and down a starboard companionway, you enter the aft cabin, which has a double to port and single bunk to starboard and private head with separate stall shower.
• Ample storage is provided throughout the boat with louvered locker doors in salon.
• From the salon steps, an additional companionway leads up to the center cockpit with wheel steering and engine controls.
• Engine and engine compartment are located under the center cockpit.
• Access through opening door in companionway or the steps and cabinetry can be removed for further access.
• Access for routine maintenance and checks is good.
• Storage under drop leaf dining table plus cutlery caddy insert in top of table. Folding seat on galley bulkhead.
• Green ultra suede cushions in main salon.
• White curtains.
• Mosquito screens on overhead hatches. Separate screened hatch boards for salon and aft companionways. All hatches and port lights resealed and refinished in 2021.
• Teak paneled overhead, grabrail on overhead centerline.
• Drawers under and behind port settee.
• SST genoa tracks.
• Keel stepped double spreader main with single spreader mizzen ketch rig.
• Main mast is GMT Carbon, painted white.
• Mizzen is alum Hood stowaway, electric, single spreader.
• Masthead rig with two jib/one main/one spin sheaves.
• Alum. Mast step.
• Standing rigging is 1 x 19 ss wire.
• Stainless steel chain plates.
• Reckmann electric headstay 12V.
• Harken mainsheet and mizzen travelers.
• Navtec hydraulic backstay.
• 2 x Barient #36 ST electric.
• 2 x Barient #36 ST.
• 1 x Barient #27 ST.
• 1 x Barient #23 ST.
• Barient winches on both main and mizzen masts.
There are numerous sails available, not all are labeled, and are identified as best as possible.
• Kevlar mizzen, North.
• 150% genoa, North.
• Hood Storm staysail, in bag.
• Jib ensign.
• Mizzen jib staysail, 100% North, in bag.
• Code 3A, 2006 per bag, North.
• North Marathan staysail, heavy, North.
• North Kevlar main, old.
• North jib top.
• North Kevlar genoa forestaysail.
• North #1 Kevlar.
• Mizzen spinnaker.
• And several other unmarked sails.
• North main, mizzen, genoa (2016). In-mast main and mizzen
• SST boarding ladder.
• Cockpit table. Extended at Hinckley in 2020
• Teak flagpole.
• Box of screens/boards/various teak bits.
• Storm boards for main salon windows made by Hinckley
• Basic Coast Guard lifejackets.
• Two medical kits
Anchoring Mooring Equipment:
• Double roller on stemhead.
• CQR 80lb stainless anchor with chain rode.
• Danforth secondary anchor with chain and rode
• Nilsson 12V windlass rebuilt and remote control added in 2016
Covers, Canvas Cushions:
• New companionway dodger and frame - 2021
• New Bimini and frame – Fall 2021
• New cover for steering wheel in 2021
• Cockpit cushions in 2021
Tender Outboard and Other:
• New Highfield, Model 340, 9’ tender with Tohatsu outboard, new 09/20
• (2) Stand-up inflatable paddle boards – in lazarette
• SST lifelines.
• Avon 8-man Viking life raft. Serviced and re-certified 10/2021
• EPIRB ACR 406 MHz
• Emergency tiller and new autopilot tiller (spare)
• Various personal floatation devices on board.
• Inflatable safety harnesses
• Numerous manuals for yacht equipment stored in main salon locker.
• Fixed Halon 130 in engine compartment, re-certified October 2021
• (7) Fire extinguishers – one for each cabin, re-certified October 2021
• Boat hauled at St. Mary's Marine in GA March 2021: bottom pressure washed, sanded down to the fiberglass, primed, and 2 coats of bottom paint applied
• Bilges cleaned and painted throughout
• New shelves fabricated for lazarette
• Hinckley designed helm seat, custom made by a Mattapoisett carpenter
• Sound insulation replaced under cabin sole
• (1) Deck faucet on bow, salt water to wash the anchor chain
• (1) Deck faucet, fresh water for wash down
• (1) Hot / cold water faucet for shower on aft deck
• (1) High velocity automatic bilge pump
• (1) PAR automatic and manual controlled bilge pump
• (2) Trident propane gas sniffers – (1) in galley and (1) in lazarette, below propane tank locker
• Showers and sinks all drain into forward and aft grey water tanks which operate automatically or manually
Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!
Find out about different sailboat types, most popular sailboat brands and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide. Find out about different sailboat types, sail vs power boat, most popular sailboat brands, what do you need to own a sailboat and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide.
Fort Lauderdale, FL