Seattle Yachts presents this Downeast 2001 Hunt Yachts Surfhunter boat for sale.
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
Classic Downeast Style and Quality with many upgrades including recently Awlgripped deep red hull, impeccable bright work, refreshed electronics, new barrier-coated bottom and much more, Encore is a stand-out vessel. When you experience her hull gliding effortlessly through the water, powered by her economical Cummins diesel, shrugging off 2-3’ seas like she's in a flat calm, you will love this boat. Perfectly equipped for a couple to cruise with grace and in style. A pilot house for those cold days, and a roomy cockpit to take your friends on sunny day trips.
Hunt Yachts are part of the Hinckley Group and this is an opportunity to own a pedigree yacht in mint condition for a fraction of the replacement cost.
Accommodations and Overview
This boat has a magnificent presence, beautifully elegant classic lines, gleaming paintwork and bright work, large windows, wide decks and she tastefully appointed and extremely well maintained throughout.
The protected, custom factory-fabricated, fully-enclosed pilothouse is a unique feature of this boat and provides a substantial upgrade in comfort and noise reduction. There is excellent visibility from the helmsman's seat and there is a full set of recently updated electronics within easy reach.
The pilothouse also features bench seating for up to four and/or an optional pilot seat that is not currently installed - all finished in a light colored buttery soft leather, with an attached fold-out table finished in teak.
Encore features a well laid out cockpit has a removable sunshade that attaches to the hardtop, and upholstered bench seating with removable cushion to access the swim platform and (removable) dinghy davits.
She is powered by a single Cummins 6BTA 5.9L diesel engine - These highly desirable engines are reliabale and efficient, cruising at 20 knots on only 10 gallons per hour. Engine access is easy through several panels in the solid teak sole in the pilot house.
Descending gently into the lower accommodations via the nicely finished companionway featuring a well- crafted hatch and doorway in sold teak, there is a large custom galley to port featuring a large range, refrigerator, and sink in as new condition, with a lot more storage and counter space than the standard layout provides.
There is a large head to starboard with plenty of locker-space and a usable shower.and a wide and deep v berth, configurable as two singles or a very large double berth, custom fabrics, fitted mattress protector and sheets. Hunt yachts did a great job of providing adequate storage throughout, and provided a separate seating area for reading, tying shoe laces, or contemplating which restaurant you will be motoring to for breakfast.
The perfect boat for a couple to cruise comfortably, or enjoy the limited company of others as often as you desire.
Cummins 6BTA 5.9l Diesel 370hp engine 1150hrs
• 1.5" Stainless Steel Shaft
• 5 Blade Nibral propeller
• Hydraulic steering
• Morse throttle controls
• Spade rudder
• Sidepower Bowthruster
• Bennett Trim Tabs w/ indicators
• St. Croix Dinghy Davits on transom
• Marine Air Systems reverse cycle AC/Heat w/ dedicated 30A circuit
• Force-10 3 burner propane stove w/ oven
• Norcold 12v refrigerator
• Raritan manual head
• Hart interface Inverter/Charger
• Simrad 12" Chartplotter
• Garmin GPSMap 740 Chartplotter
• BG Depthsounder
• Simrad 4G Radar
• ICOM IC M127 VHF
• Robertson AP22 Autopilot
• Windlass control at helm and on bow
• ACR RCL100 Searchlight
• Clarion stereo
• 22lb Stainless Steel Delta anchor w/ 1/4" chain connected to 3 strand rode
• Electric 12v Simpson windlass on bow
Recent Upgrades and Services
• New Simrad 12" touch screen chartplotter and 4G radar (2015)
• New (3) 4D AGM Batteries (2016)
• New Raritan head (2017)
• Refurbished Nibral propeller and balanced to ISO Class I (2017)
• Full engine service including new injectors and new engine pre-heat system (2017)
• Rebuilt/Reconfiguration of Ducting for AC/Heat (2017)
• Refinished all interior and exterior teak and varnish (2017)
• Installed dedicated battery charger for bow thruster/windlass circuit (2017)
• All exterior varnish recoated (May 2020)
• Bottom paint stripped to fiberglass and new barrier coat and bottom applied (June 2020)
• Engine Service (June 2020)
Service records and documentation is available for inspection
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!