Sloop 1993 Hunter 33.5 listed by United Yacht Sales (Off Market)
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
Enjoy a huge cabin with the sleeping comforts of a private aft double berth, a convertible dinette, a single berth, plus a V-berth. The galley includes a double stainless steel sink plus the popular Origo gimballed stove and oven, a large easy entry icebox and tremendous storage. The enclosed head is covered with a fiberglass seat for comfortable showering adjacent to a separate convenient vanity with mirror and a fiberglass sink.
The engineering of this warm, comfortable interior employs the same computer technology as the hull, keel and rib designs. Computer numerically controlled equipment precisely cuts and shapes everything from bulkheads to trim.
The Hunter 33.5 is a remarkable blend of visually inviting and comfortable accommodations and is a great example of the use of light, materials and space to create an inviting livable interior. White counter surfaces, neutral upholstery and a white headliner nicely offset the teak and holly sole, teak furnishings and bulkheads. Light streams in from abundant opening ports and overhead hatches. Overhead lights and wall lamps are within easy reach and 120-volt GFI protected outlets are located conveniently throughout the boat. The furnishings are comfortable and nestled into large areas in the main salon. Storage has been designed into the remaining area to create abundant room for stowing necessary gear.
There is a 4 inch memory foam topper in the aft cabin plus a moisture barrier under mattresses.
Escape everyday pressures and stress by bringing your family and friends together to enjoy the freedom and excitement of sailing. The 33.5 provides the perfect family retreat, combining sailing performance with accommodations.
The 33.5 carefully balances sea kindliness and stability with a nimble and spirited character. The easily driven hull is powered by an impressive double spreader fractional rig that is designed to be handled by a family of two. An innovative bulb-wing keel balances exceptional performance with smooth motion and reduced draft. Her excellent sailing qualities and construction are complemented by comfort, convenience and unprecedented value.
Enter from either the port or starboard boarding gates and onto the wide side decks which make maneuverability a breeze. Protected by high stanchions and double life lines you will feel safe when on the side decks. The cockpit is fully enclosed with dark blue Sunbrella and extra summertime zip in screens (new 2017) will allow you to relax in bug-free comfort. The cockpit is large with port and starboard cushioned seats and the helm seat is removable allowing a safe walk thru to the swim platform and folding ladder. The running rigging is all led to the cockpit making an easy single handed sail.
Through the companionway and down a few steps you enter the main cabin. The abundance of natural light and ventilation is obvious as the interior is bright and airy. The engine compartment is enclosed under the steps but can be easily accessed. Immediately to starboard is the U-shaped galley with plenty of food preparation and storage spaces for the onboard chef. To port and aft is the master cabin. Complete with a double berth and ample storage the aft cabin is large. The main cabin features an aft facing navigation station with fold up top and storage. The port side settee is large and the port side offers storage cabinets and spaces. The starboard side is a large dinette that can be converted into a berth. The starboard side also features storage cabinets and spaces. Further forward is the head compartment with the vanity to port and the shower and head to starboard. Privacy doors separate the head and forward cabin from the salon. All the way forward is the V-berth with port and starboard storage and drawers under the berth.
GALLEY: The galley is located immediately to starboard at the base of the companionway steps. Outfitted with appliances and ample storage and food preparation spaces the galley will please the discriminating onboard chef.
– White double laminated countertops with fiddles
– Double stainless-steel sinks with faucet
– Origo (2) burner denatured alcohol stove top and oven
– Top opening, in counter, ice chest (can easily be converted to a 12-volt refrigeration system)
– Ample storage cabinets and drawers
ELECTRICAL: The panel is located outboard of the navigation station.
– 12-volt DC and 120-volt AC power
– Power distribution panel with circuit breakers
– 30-amp shore power with cord
– GFI protected 120-volt receptacles
– Seward 6-gallon hot water heater
– Sony XR-C9100 AM/FM/CD player with remote speakers
– TrueCharge-20 battery charger
– Battery switch for main and house batteries
– Blue Seas DC volt panel in cockpit lazarette
– Flat Screen salon television
– Ritchie Powerdamp compass
– Garmin GPS Map 276C color chartplotter with internal antenna
– Autohelm Raymarine ST-60+ Tridata display
– Autohelm Raymarine ST-4000 wheel autopilot
– Raymarine RM5100 handheld remote for autopilot
– Autohelm Raymarine Repeater for Tridata
– Uniden ES VHF radio with DSC
Engine and Mechanical Details
MECHANICAL: Engine access is under the companionway steps.
– Yanmar 3GM30F, 27 hp diesel engine, fresh water cooled with 1100 hours
– Yanmar panel in cockpit with RPM gauge and warning lights/alarms
– Stainless steel throttle and transmission controls
– Fuel gauge in cockpit near panel
– Stainless steel shaft and dripless packing
– New fuel tank installed 2017
– Edson pedestal and helm with destroyer steering wheel and brake
Deck and Hardware
– Stainless steel bow pulpit with anchor roller
– Bow anchor locker
– Plow anchor with chain and rope rode
– LED Anchor Light
– Stainless steel stern rail with teak seats
– Stainless steel bow rail with teak seat
– Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines
– Stern boarding gate
– Anodized aluminum through-bolted toe rails
– Teak cabin top handrails
– Stainless steel handrails for cockpit entry
– (5) cockpit and transom storage lockers
– Molded-in, 2-tone nonskid deck
– Swim platform with stainless steel folding swim ladder
– BBQ grill mounted on stern rail with Blue Sunbrella cover
– Cockpit closed foam seat cushions
– Teak fold up table in cockpit attached to pedestal
– Teak cup holders attached to pedestal
– Storage lazarettes in cockpit and transom
– Walk through stern with removable helm seat
– Folding stainless steel swim ladder and swim platform
– Cabin skylights
– (5) opening hatches with screens
– All ports have screens
– LED Reading lights
– Mid-ship cleats added
– Garboard fitting in bilge for long-term land storage
Sails and Rigging
Sail Plan (100%) 520 sq. ft
– I: 39’ 2”
– J: 11’ 8”
– P: 43’ 2”
– E: 13’ 6”
– Mast height: 53’ 5”
– Aluminum mast with double spreader
– Aluminum boom
– Back stay
– Main sail and 100% genoa
– Jiffy reefing, main
– (2) Barient 22-38, self-tailing, 2-speed winches on cockpit coaming
– (1) Barient 17, self-tailing winches on cabin top in cockpit for halyards
– Standing sheet stoppers
– Line organizers
– Dacron internal halyards
– Midboom sheeting
– Mainsail traveler
– Inboard genoa tracks with cars
– Lazy Jack System
– Blue Sunbrella Sail cover
– Blue Sunbrella bimini, dodger and connector
– Blue Sunbrella full side curtain enclosure for cockpit
– Blue Sunbrella full screen set enclosure for cockpit
– Bottom Painted
– New Cutlass Bearing
A well cared for and updated Hunter 33.5 ready for new adventures. The sellers have changed plans and this boat is ready to go!
Easy to see in New Bern, NC with jet services to New Bern (EWN) via ATL (Delta) and CLT (American).
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.