Sloop 1990 Hunter 33.5
Off Market since Nov 24th 2022
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
After 20 years under the same, meticulous ownership, this well cared for Hunter is up for sale.
These boats were highly sought after in the early years of build due to their great handling, quick turn of speed and ease of use due to the small headsail and comfortable cockpit. The design was so popular that Hunter went onto produce similar boats for the charter trade.
PUFFIN, has been in current ownership since 1999 and comes with a very extensive inventory and includes recent electronic upgrades such as Furuno radar, VHF and Raymarine instruments. She is currently on the hard, since the owners have other commitments, but is ready to launch at a moments notice, with touched up bottom paint and fresh varnish currently being applied to teak deck trim.
The boat comes with extensive logs, both sailing and maintenance, covering the last 20 years. These highlight all improvements, what/when servicing was carried out, costs etc. Very few, if any, non commercial yachts have such a meticulous record, which is an asset to this boat and its new owners.
The wing keel arrangement of this Hunter 33.5, makes her ideally suited to the shallow waters around New England and certainly doesn't detract from her performance.
This is a wonderful boat for relative newcomers to sailing or for someone who wants to downsize to an easily managed and maintained boat.
This boat is currently laid up in Portsmouth, Rhode Island and available to be seen by appointment.
– Selected hardwood and teak trim
– Teak Holly cabin sole with Ultimate-Sole finish
– 5 opening ports with screens, and spare sealing gaskets.
– 4 opening hatches
– Dinette table 30 x 48 with fiddles (seats up to 5)
– Settee bench on port side - also sleeps one
– 2 Hanging lockers (in cabins) 1 wet locker (in head)
– Fully enclosed head with shower. Drain to sump pump
– Jabsco Manual Compact M/29090-2000 head, new pump 2018
– Molded Vanity with mirror SS Sink
– Pressurized water in vanity, shower galley, Hot Cold
– Nicro 2000, 4 In. Solar/Battery powered exhaust vent
– Navigator station with instrumentation power distribution
– Clinometer, Lev-O-Gage Jr. at nav station
– Chart table with light, white and red lights fixture
– U-Shaped Galley, SS Sink, stove, icebox
– SS deep galley sink
– Two Burner Origo, gimballed alcohol stove with oven
– High pressure laminated counter tops
– Ice Box with drain to sump pump
– Fresh water tank (50 Gal.) with filter Flo-Jet pressure pump
– Waste holding tank (16 Gal.) with diverter valve
– Fire Extinguisher under nav station table - near galley engine (New in 2020)
– SS Tubular cabin roof support for excellent hand grab
– Sunbrella fabric cushions in cabin - seating berths
– Vee berth cabin forward with shelf Locker hanging locker
– Port hole curtains
– Aft Cabin with separate door. huge berth and hanging locker
– Six Type 2 Inshore Life Jackets for occasional guests
– First Aid kit in dry storage box
– Emergency built-in manual bilge pump
– Hand held 30" bilge pump
– Various charts cruising guides
– Bottom anti-fouling paint, InterLux Ultra Modified Hard Coating
– SS bow pulpit with teak bow seat
– SS pushpit with outboard motor mount
– Double Lifelines, vinyl covered SS, replaced 2005
– Mooring cleats
– Teak handrails, at companionway and coach roof
– Jack line in stowage bag, 40 Ft.
– Covered anchor well
– Two Anchors, Fortress FX-16 (16 Lb.) Danforth (12 Lb.)
– Anchor chain roller mount, Windline M/UMR2
– Zippered Sunbrella cover for anchor chain on deck
– Three cockpit and transom storage lockers
– Stainless steel swim ladder
– Cockpit seat cushions
– Mooring Pendant - Yale-Maxi 3/4" x 15" with eye loops SS thimble new Mar-2010
– Mooring line Pickup Buoy w/ 8 Ft. mast, new 2017
– Second (backup) mooring pendant for storms
Dacron UK Sails, I- 39'2", J - 11' 8" P - 43' 2" E - 13' 6"
Full battened main with lazy jacks, 293 Sq.Ft
110% Jib (overlapping) with Furlex roller reefing - 228 Sq.Ft.
Asymmetrical Spinnaker, Doyle APC, poleless
1 x 2 speed Barient 17ST self-tailing winch, secondary, for halyards, mainsheet etc.
2 x 2 speed Barient 22ST self-tailing winches, primary
Halyards led aft to cockpit for ease of operation
Low stretch Sta-Set X internal halyards, main, jib, spinnaker
Mid-Boom sheeting to mainsheet traveler, allows sailing with dodger
Inboard Jib tracks
Fractional, double spreader, Bergstrom Ridder rig
Triple SS shrouds (upper, mid, lower), SS forestay, SS split backstay
Mainsail cover, Sunbrella
Roller furling Jib with Sunbrella UV strip on leech
Removable radar reflector
Anti chafe tubes on port starboard upper/outer shrouds
Additional Units Included
– 2008 Achilles M/LEX-96
Find out about different sailboat types, most popular sailboat brands and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide. Find out about different sailboat types, sail vs power boat, most popular sailboat brands, what do you need to own a sailboat and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide.