Cruisers 2007 Hunter 38
Off Market since May 4th 2019
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
The Hunter 38 replaces the popular 386, the last of which rolled out of the Florida plant May of 2004, following a highly successful sever year run. Hunters famed designer and racer Glenn Henderson returned to the drawing board with one focus in mind. Our goal was to design a boat that was an exceptionally comfortable cruiser, yet offered outstanding performance and easy of handling, said Henderson. The 38 has met -- and exceeds -- expectations. and a #10 !
No Longer Drifting is anexceptionally comfortable cruisier ! She carries an In Mast furling main and a 110% furling jib. She has an upgraded Yanmar 40 hp (from the std 29 hp) . Raymarine has her ELECTRONIC package covered . Heat / Air you will be comfortable all year round !!
SPRING SPECIAL !!
Reduced $15K !
This is a very unique opportunity to buy a very clean Hunter 38, at a great price ! She is ready to cast her lines and go sailing
Immediate enjoyment !!
Give us a call today ! She will not last long .
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
No Longer Drifting
Designer: Glenn Henderson
LOA: 38 ft 2 in
Beam: 12 ft 11 in
LWL: 34 ft 8 in
Length on Deck: 36 ft 8 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 18326 lbs
Ballast: 6552 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 60 ft 7 in
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2007
Engine Model: 3JH4E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 830
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (75 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (35 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (34 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
No Longer Drifting provides comfort, convenience and livability with an abundance of natural light, ventilation and 66 of head room.
– Heat / Air (2) units covering salon and both staterooms (18000 BTU 5000 BTU )
– Jensen AM/FM/ CD + Bose speakers
– Everwear laminate sole throughout
– 66 head room
Forward V - berth suite sports twin cedar-lined hanging lockers and shelves. The aft master stateroom is both wide and comfortable, sporting a queen athwartship berth, with tremendous storage space. Check out the cedar line closets ! The master aft stateroom has a private access to the head, located port of companionway. The head has dual access, from master stateroom and the salon. Featuring a stand up shower / toilet area divided from sink and vanity by a door.
– Electric head with holding macerator
– Head hoses replaced 9/2015
The salon is spacious with a U-shaped settee to starboard. The high glossed elegant table can be lowered to create an over - sized double berth. The long straight settee to port is an excellent place lounge and doubles as a good sea berth.
Port of the companionway is an In-Line Nav Staiton .
Starboard of companionway is an L galley with access leading aft to Master Stateroom.
The galley is a Chefs DREAM !with plenty of counter space, cabinets and all the conveniences one could wish for ! Large L shaped galley sits starboard of companionway. Great for working underway or on the hook !
– Deep double SS sink
– Enclosed dish storage unit with fan drying
– Hot / Cold pressure water
– 5 gal Hot water heater
– 4 cu.ft . Front loading Nova KoolRefrigeration w/ small freezer
– 21/2 cr.ft Front loading Nova KoolFreezer
– Force 10 (2) burner gimbaled LPG stove and oven
– (2) 2 1/2 gal LPG tanks in dedicated cockpit locker
Electrical and Electronics
The nav station is forward facing and port to companionway. Teak seat with storage below, a pod for future instruments along the forward portion of the desk. 110V / 12V panel at your finger tips .
– 30 amp Pro Mariner Charger
– Magnum 2800 Inverter / Charger
– (2) 4D wet HOUSE Batteries ( 3/2015)
– (1) Gp 24 Engine Start Battery
– Tank Gauges : Fuel / Water / Holding
At the helm :
– Raymarine 24 mile Radar
– Raymarine E-80 Chartplotter / GPs
– Raymarine Autopilot
– Raymarine ST60+ Knot / Depth / Windspeed - point
– ICOM IC-M422 VHF radio
No Longer Drifting has a Yanmar 40 hp (upgrade from standard 29 hp)
– 3JH4E 3cyl FWC aprrox 830 hrs. (418 prior meter + 410 current meter)
– 3 blade bronze 17 RH Prop
– 11/4 SS shaft
– Folding leather wrapped wheel
– Single lever Engine Control
Sails and Rigging
The Hunter 38 incorporates a sail plan that features a fractional BR anodized rigwith swept back double spreaders. All lines leading aft to cockpit to rope clutches and winches. A Hunter trademark feature, the cockpit Traveler Arch. The traveler is located on the top of the arch, which reduces mainsheet load and places the traveler controls within easy reach of the helmsman.
– Anodized BR Double spreader fractional rig w/ Mast struts
– Furlex Furling System
– 110% furling jib - Dacron by Doyle
– In Mast Furling Main - Dacron by Doyle
– Selden Rod Kicker rigid boom vang
– (2) Lewmar #44 ST primary winches
– (2) Lewmar #40 ST cabin top winches
– Harken 4:1 purchase traveler on top of arch
– Inboard jib tracks with Adjustable Cars
Deck and Hull
Hunter utilizesa hand laid FRP hull construction, solid FRP below the waterline, and end grain balsa coring above the waterline. Vinylester resin is used in the initial layup, then isophalic resin on exterior layers. In areas of high loads in the hull, Kevlar reinforcement is included in the lamination . Further, there is a heavily built structural FRP grid bonded into the hull for further stiffness and reinforcement. The deck is end grain balsa cored except in areas of deck hardware and high loads, where it is solid FRP and backing plates are incorporated for deck hardware, either drilled and tapped or thru-bolted. The hull to deck joint is an outward turning flange, sealed with 3M 5200 sealant, thru-bolted, and cover 360 degrees with a resiliant rub rail and s/s insert.
– Double high bow pulpit with double high life lines running aft with port and starboardboarding gates
– Double bow roller
– Deep anchor locker
– Simpson Lawrence Electric Windlass with up and down foot control
– Delta 22 # with approx. 300 of 5/16 chain 5 of rode
– SS cabin top hand rails for safety moving fore and aft
– Non Skid Deck
– (8) opening ports
Moving aft you have the Hunter arch with a stern rail that incorporates (2) double seats. Best seats in the cockpit, some refer to them as the Margarita seats ! A hinged down helmsmans seat lends to a walk thru transom with a telescoping ladder that is easily accessible.
– Dark blue dodger with side hand rails . Safety and Comfort !!
– Flexiteek covers the cockpitseats and floor
– Cockpit table with fold down leaves
– Storage lockers
– Hot / Cold transom shower
MAY 2017 SVENDSENS BOTTOM PAINTED
AVON RIB 92 Rover Rib 280 - AVB849CPJ809
not going with boat sale
– Owners personal tools
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Find out about different sailboat types, most popular sailboat brands and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide. Find out about different sailboat types, sail vs power boat, most popular sailboat brands, what do you need to own a sailboat and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide.