S & J Yachts Brokers presents this Sloop 2005 Hunter 38 boat for sale.
Contact S & J Yachts Brokers with any questions about this Hunter 38 by filling up the Contact form
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
NEW LISTING - MORE PICTURES COMING - WELL WORTH SEEING!!!!
A Really BEAUTIFUL BOAT - Lots of Upgrades - Ready to Go Wherever You Point Her!!! Pride of ownership shows in every aspect of this exceptionally clean 3 owner yacht. With extensive upgrades over the last 2 seasons, shoal draft keel, generous sail area, she is ready to cruise the bay or the Bahamas. This 2005 Cruising World Boat of the Year is both comfortable and fast. She is set up for easy short handed sailing. Features include in mast furling, upgraded North Sails Laminate cruising main sail added this year, furling head sail, Garmin chart plotter, New Raymarine EV200 autopilot, new 400ah AGM batteries for extended cruising, dual A/C units, updated dodger bimini with connector and full cockpit enclosure. She has been well maintained and all service is up to date with major engine service this season. Her folding wheel and arch mounted traveler make for an uncluttered and spacious cockpit. With her new salon upholstery and gorgeous teak interior she shows like a new boat. For the discerning owner who is ready to cruise now, Ana Cristina will not disappoint. Please see entire listing for additional upgrades to this exceptional yacht.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 38 ft 2 in
Beam: 12 ft 11 in
LWL: 34 ft 7 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 18326 lbs
Ballast: 6552 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 60 ft 6 in
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2005
Engine Model: 3 Cylinder FWC
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (75 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (35 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (34 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
Walkthru & Accommodations
Starting at the bow, the Hunter 38 has a large, private Vee Berth with a big opening hatch over the berth. Lots of storage with cabinets under the berth, to port of the entry, a large hanging locker on starboard plus shelves with good sized fids along both hull sides.
The spacious Saloon is next aft with a large U shaped dining area to starboard that converts to a very comfortable double berth as needed. A facing settee across on port is long enough for entertaining or a mid-day nap.
The Galley follows aft on starboard and features great cabinety, front loading refrigerator, lots of counter work space, double sinks, 2 burner propane stove and oven and a microwave. She features a unique Dish Drying System with Fan. This is a great design for preparing gunkhole dinners or marina entertaining.
The forward facing Nav Station (at the aft end of the port settee features a large desk where you can still work with paper charts. The Electric Panels and Radios are within easy reach. The Hunter 38 has a much larger Nav Station than a lot of far bigger boats.
The Companionway separates the entries to the aft cabin on starboard and the really large head on port. The 40HP Yanmar Diesel sits under the steps which pull up to provide great access. There is also additional storage under the top step that can be reached from the cockpit or saloon.
On starboard is the entrance to the athwartship aft cabin with its queen sized berth. There is real room for dressing and the standup space to pull on foul weather gear in privacy. A clever headboard hides a couple of bins and lots of storage between the hull and the headboard. A large hanging locker at the entrance and a matching cabinet on the port side provide still more storage. A very convenient private entrance to the Head on port makes this cabin a true owners stateroom.
The Head is aft of the saloon on the port side of the companionway and easily accessed from the saloon and the cockpit. There is a unique private entry to the owners aft cabin. A separate shower/commode area allows use of the sink while someone else is bathing. There is good ventillation in each section. Corian counters, large medicine cabinet and a shower seat over the commode contribute to one of the nicest designed heads you will find in an under 40 yacht.
The Cockpit is sized to provide plenty of room for sailing, entertaining and lounging. The SS Arch with the Traveler mounted on top also has speakers and lights to make the cockpit a very useable living space. There is a table in front of the binnacle with drop leaves large enough for outside dining and a handrail above. The Walkthru Transom Swim Platform with storage lockers and a Hot/Cold Shower complete this extremely well designed Hunter 38.
– New Saloon Upholstery 2020
– New Memory Foam Mattresses in Fore and Aft Cabins 2019
– Reverse Cycle Heat and Air in 2 Zones
– Ocean Air Screens/Shades for all Hatches
– Hot/Cold Pressure Water
– Double Stainless Steel Sink
– Corian Counter Tops
– Nova Cool Refrigeration with Top Front Access NEW Door Seals
– Force 10 2-Burner Propane Stove and Oven
Sails & Sail Handling Equipment
The Hunter 38 has a high-aspect, double spreader, fractional sloop rig with all lines led aft to the cockpit. She is an easy to handle rig with lots of power. The rig was professionally inspected and tuned 8/2021
– North Sails 3Di Laminate Mainsail July 2021
– Selden In-Mast Furling Mainsail System
– Mainsail Outhaul and Furling lines Replaced 2021
– Furlex Headsail Furling System
– Mainsail with Sacrificial Cover
– 110% Genoa with Sacrificial Cover
– Boom Vang
– Adjustable Traveler Mounted on Arch with Lines Led to Helm
– Lewmar 2 Speed, ST Primary Winches
– Lewmar 2 Speed, ST Halyard Furling Winches on Coach Roof
Engine & Mechanicals
The 380 is powered by a fresh water cooled, 3-cylinder Yanmar 40HP Diesel. The Diesel was Professionally Serviced including Valve Adjustment 2021
– Lewmar Folding Cockpit Wheel
– Motor Mounts Replaced 2020
– New Domestic Water Pump 2020
– 3-Blade Propeller
– Automatic Engine Room Fire Extinguishing System
– Electric Auto/Manual Bilge Pump
– Mechanical Bilge Pump
Electronics and Navigation
– Raymarine ST60 Tri Data: Knotmeter, Depthsounder Water Temperature
– Raymarine ST60 Wind Instrument
– Wind, Knot and Depth Instruments Mounted in Pod at Binnacle
– Garmin Chart Plotter and GPS (also mounted at the binnacle)
– NEW Raymarine EV200 Below Deck Autopilot 2020
– Davis Mast Mounted Windex
– ICOM VHF Radio with Remote Michropone at Helm
– Stereo FM/CD Player with Cabin Speakers and New Cockpit Speakers 2021
– Bose 3-2-1 Media Center with Sub Woofer
– Flat Screen TV
The Hunter 380 is equipped with both Ships 12 Volt and Shorepower 120 Volt Electrical Systems
– NEW Victron BMV-12 Battery Monitor with Blue Tooth 2021
– UPGRADED Additional 4D AGM House Battery (400 Total Amp Hours)
– Battery Charger
– 60 Amp Balmar Alternator
– 50 Shorepower Cable
– Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors
Deck and Hull Equipment
– Bottom Painted and Hull Waxed and Buffed Spring 2021
– Dodger with Handrails and Struts - NEW Canvas 2017
– Bimini with Sighting Window and Struts - NEW Canvas 2017
– Connecting Panel
– Full Cockpit Enclosure
– Dual Anchor Rollers
– Anchor Windlass Rebuilt 2021
– Stern Rail Seats and Drink Holders
– Cockpit Cushions
– Magma Grill
– Lewmar Folding Wheel
– Cockpit Table with Dropleafs Grabrail
– Hot/Cold Transom Shower
– Walkthru Transom onto Swim Platform
– Dock Lines and Fenders
– USCG Saftey Package
– Lifesling Man-Overboard Retrieval System
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!