Sloop 1987 Hunter Legend 40 listed by Cruising Yachts, Inc. (Off Market)
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
A Speedy, Comfortable and Seaworthy Live Aboard!
Want to go to Catalina for the week? Fine. Want to spend the winter in Cabo? No problem! Or perhaps youd rather race in your local club event this weekend? No worries in fact, you should slay em !!
The Hunter Legend 40 is a great all-round masthead sloop with plenty of room to live aboard while having the maneuverability and speed to be acompetitivePHRF racer.
Outside, all lines are lead aft to the cockpit for short handed sailing ease. The cockpit is spacious and comfortable with extra stern rail seats.
Inside the vessel is very spacious offering a salon with seating for 6 or so, a large galley, a centerline queen berth in the aft stateroom and two heads with showers.
New Bottom Paint in March 2015 !!
At this price, she wont last long so come over and take a look!
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 40 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 5 in
LWL: 32 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Displacement: 17400 lbs
Ballast: 7900 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
Total Power: 36 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1987
Engine Model: 4JH2E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 520
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 36 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (38 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (20 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Wind speed and direction
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 110V
This Hunter 40 Legend offers a very desirable layout. Starting with a guest cabin forward (V-berth) that includes its own head to starboard and hanging locker and clothing storage to port. Moving aft from the V-berth is the main salon with an U-shaped dinette to starboard and a bench settee to port. There is stowage space below the settees and in cabinets above the seat cushions. The dinette table has a folding leaf that allows for easy passage in the salon area. The entire table can lower and convert for additional sleeping for guests providing accommodations for a total of seven. You will find the teak and holly soles throughout the vessel. Aft of the salon to starboard houses a redesigned galley with a double sink, refrigeration, CNG stove with oven, and numerous drawers and cabinets. To port is the navigational station with AC/DC electrical panel. This redesign includes all teak doors on the cabinets and lockers. Between the galley and the nav station is the companionway and directly aft of the nav station is the master head. There are two entrances to the aft cabin, one through the master head and one aft of the galley. There is a centerline queen bed in the master stateroom, hanging lockers and storage cabinets on each side of the bed. Both guest and master heads have pressure hot and cold water systems. Enjoy exceptional ventilation from the opening ports and hatches throughout, including five in the master cabin. The Yanmar diesel engine is conveniently located beneath the companionway stairs and is accessible for maintenance and service from all 4 sides.
Galley / Salon
– Three burner LPG Hillerange gimbaled stove with oven
– Microwave oven
– Refrigeration 12v
– Hot and cold pressure water
– Saltwater pump at galley sink
– Plentiful cabinet storage
– Stainless steel double galley sink
– Wrap around dinette arrangement with drop down leaf
– Salon storage under dinette seats and above cushion backs
– Cabin screens
– Reading Lights
– Dedicated Nav station
– Teak Holly sole throughout
Electronics / Electrical
– Raymarine ST60 Series Sped, Depth, Wind Machine, 4000 Auto Pilot
– Horizon Intrepid VHF with Ram Mic
– Jensen Marine AM/FM/CD w/ Salon and Cockpit Speakers
– Flatscreen TV
– AC and DC Electrical Panels at Nav Station
– Mariner Promatic 50m Amp / 3 Stage Charger
– Electric and Manual Bilge Pumps
– 110 Volt Shore power with cord
– Multiple AC outlets
– New Battery
– Isomat clear anodized Aluminum Double Spreader Mast and Boom
– Hood Seafurl Jib furler
– New Running Rigging
– Easy Kick solid boom vang
– Two (2) Barient 28+ CST 2-speed primary winches
– Two (2) Barient 24+ CST 2-speed cabin top winches
– Schaefer adjustable main sheet traveler
– Inboard recessed genoa tracks with cars
– S/S Bow pulpit, stern rail and swim ladder
– Edson pedestal with engine controls, brake, guard and 43 S/S destroyer wheel
– Windlass with S/S bow anchor roller
– Simpson Lawrence Hyspeed anchor windlass
– 33# Bruce anchor
– 100 5/16 chain and 150 5/8 rode
Quantum Main (Battened) with low friction slides and Dutchman flaking system
Double spreader rig
Hull & Deck
The Hunter 40 Legend has a bonded full length internal frame and stringer system ofunidirectional fiberglassthats attached directly to the hull to increase stiffness without adding weight. The load of the chainplate, and other loads normally borne by the hull, are carried by the internal frame and stringersystem.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.