Curtis Stokes & Associates, Inc. presents this Center Cockpit 2002 Hylas 46 boat for sale.
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
Night Flight is a well-maintained example of the Hylas 46 offshore cruiser.Designed by German Frers and built in the Queen Long yard in Taiwan, Night Flight is a perfect combination of comfort and performance. Layout is well suited for a cruising couple with private quarters for guests, her original owners have cruised her on the West Coast and East Coast since new, continually maintaining and upgrading her equipment along the way. With a fully enclosed center cockpit, Night Flight assures comfort and security in all conditions.
Among Night Flights appealing features is her classic Hylas sugar scoop transom and custom Simpson davits that make access to a tender and re-boarding a simple matter.
Belowdecks, Night Flight is light and welcoming, and the beauty of her teak joinery imparts a luxurious sense of quality throughout. Her center cockpit design famously gives her private master stateroom aft plenty of headroom on all sides of the extra-large centerline berth.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Queen Long
Designer: German Frers
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 46 ft 3 in
Beam: 13 ft 9 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Displacement: 27777 lbs
Ballast: 12345 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 63 ft 9 in
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2002
Engine Model: 4JH3-TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 3 Stainless steel (140 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (100 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (27 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Seating Capacity: 6
Wind speed and direction
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Fresh water maker
Sea water pump
Shore power inlet
Total Liferaft Capacity: 6
Night Flights layout is the popular German Frers 2-cabin 2-head design. The master stateroom aft features a centerline queen berth and an abundance of storage in teak lockers and cabinets. The en suite master head includes an enclosed shower and is totally private.
The mid-ship galley doubles as a passageway connecting the master stateroom and main salon.
The spacious main salon is light, airy and beautifully appointed with solid and laminated teak throughout. A unique Danish-modern cabinetry design was widely imitated in subsequent versions of the boat. A lovely teak and holly sole. The large dinette to port has U-shaped seating for six and an inboard pull-out bench seat. A single sea berth is to starboard. The fully-equipped forward-facing nav station is to port of the companionway.
Forward of the main salon are the guest quarters. There is an oversized pullman berth that transforms to a full wraparound desk to port. The desk assembly includes a fully adjustable executive chair and four full 8 x 11 file drawers on either side of the desk installation. Numerous storage lockers are located above and to starboard
– Separate 12 volt top and side opening fridge and freezer cooled by recent compressor refit
– Force 10 propane 3 burner stove with oven
– Microwave oven.
– Cutlery, dinnerware, pots, pans and utensils.
– Pressurized dual, redundant fresh water system
– Premium hose clamps below waterline
– New Moen faucets in galley. Foot pumps for both fresh and sea water
– 12 Volt dual fresh water pumps
– Safety Propane solenoid shutoff with alarm
– Splendide clothes washer/dryer located in aft shower compartment
– Water heaterand 6-gallon tank under aft berth provides hot water to the galley, heads, plus cockpit and transom swim platform showers
– Electric macerating heads
Engine and Mechanical Equipment
A feature of the Hylas 46 is the remarkably easy and convenient access to the main engine and systems. The lower half of the companionway ladder hinges out with a single latch allowing unrestricted access to the front of the engine. Twin/switchable Racor fuel filters are mounted on the inside of the hinged panel for simple access and maintenance. Hinged panels to port and starboard provide equal access from both sides.
Night Flight is powered by a Yanmar 4JH3-TE 76 HP turbocharged diesel.
– Dual Engine alarms at nav station and cockpit
– Tachometer, oil pressure and temperature gauges at helm
– Fresh water cooling
– Electric boost fuel pump downstream of dual Racor filter
– Electric Oil change pump
– Complete maintenance records since new
– Two stainless steel fuel tanks manifold-controlled 50-gallon, 100 gallon total.
– bronze fixed 3-blade prop as spare
– Autoprop H6 continuously feathering propeller ($5500 new) (no prop walk)
– Cruisair (Dometic) 16,000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioner located in Salon
– Webasto DBW2010 45,000 BTU Hydronic Diesel heater with registers throughout boat
Pumps and Plumbing
– 40 gph engine driven RO system
– (2) Automatic bilge pumps and cockpit-mounted manual pumpthroughout boat
– High-water bilge alarm in cockpit and nav station.
– Groco water strainers for all applications (air, fridge, water maker, engine)
– (2) Electric manual shower pumps in forward and aft head switched in heads
– 12-volt VDC and 120 VAC systems in separate breaker panel boxes
– 200 Amp (true, continuous) Electrodyne Industrial alternator with external regulation and ability to cross-connect 80-amp engine alternator to house bus
– (4) Lifeline 8D AGM house batteriesand 1 4D Lifeline winch battery. All batteries in approved containers, properly wired
– Multiple battery and 120VAC monitoring systems in navigation station
– Separate 12 VDC starting and separate radio/emergency batteries with Yardina combiner
– Kisae SW1200 2.2 KW Pure Sine Wave inverter under aft bed
– Galvanic shore power isolator
– 125 Volt, 50 amp (shore power cord and various adaptors)
– (7) 12 Volt circulating fans
– factory-installed in-hull SSB counterpoise
– 4 flat copper grounding system throughout
– Dimmable 12-volt Cantalupi lighting system in salon and forward cabin
Electronics and Navigation
– Raymarine chart plotter on cockpit roof
– Raymarine ST60+ Wind, Depth, and Speed (three separate units) indicators located in cockpit above companion way
– Raymarine Graphic 320 located at nav station.
– Backup Depth Sounder in cockpit
– Standard Horizon GX 2200 VHF radio with RAM at binnacle
– Milltech SR161 AIS
– RN-300 Chart Plotter for GPS position finder, backup, and anchor alarm at helm
– ICOM M710 SSB radio with Pactor Modem
– 3 SS Antenna pole on aft deck
– Controllable stereo speakers in cockpit, salon, and aft cabin
– Ritchie compass at helm
– Hi power WIFI extender
– Disappearing flat screen TV in main salon
Safety and Ground Tackle
– Winslow Canister 4-Person Life raft in quick release SS holder mounted on stern rail - needs recertification
– Horseshoe and Jacklines, harnesses and tethers
– Emergency tiller
– automatic Inflatable life jackets
– Maxwell VWC 2200 vertical windlass
– 66 lb. Bruce anchor with 50 ft of chain and 250(plus) of nylon rode
– FX 37 Danforth secondary normally stored
– 250 ft (plus) of 3/8 G4 chain for secondary anchor
– 12 Volt, Maxwell VWC220 anchor windlass with dual deck and cockpit controls
– Cutwater Waterline Anchor Snubber system
– (2) Stainless bow anchor rollers
Hull and Deck
Queen Long is well known for building extremely sturdy hand-laid solid glass hulls with added Twaron Aramid fiber in potential impact areas. Other notable features include extra-wide decks carried aft of the center cockpit and a stepped transom with teak non-skid for safe and simple access to the water and tender.
Night Flights additional features include:
– Simpson davits and custom outboard lift
– (4) SS Cabin dorades with stainless steel guards
– SS Side stanchions and lifelines
– Large split anchor/chain locker
– Fresh/saltwater deck wash down system in anchor/chain locker
– Additional overboard-vented 15 Gallon fuel, solvent, and line locker
– Stainless steel/teak side entry swim ladder
– 2 tank Propane locker
– Fully enclosed Sunbrella main cockpit with insect and shade inserts
– Custom cockpit cushions
– (4) 29 x 11 Fenders with dark green covers
– (2) 22 x 8 Fenders similarly covered
Sails and Rigging
Night Flights Hylas 46 rig is a ICW-friendly 639-ft mast with double furling headsails. All working lines are led aft to the center cockpit.
– Keel stepped Selden aluminum mast with Furlex in-mast furling
– furling mainsail good condition
– Furling genoa good condition (UV cover replaced 2019)
– Hank on staysail with removable stay
– 150% code zero downwind sail with Harken standup blocks
– Selden boom and vang
– 1 x 19 stainless steel wire standing rigging
– Inboard staysail track and genoa tracks inboard of shrouds
– 7 x 19 Stainless steel cable and Dacron running rigging
– Harken mainsail traveler
– Running back stays with Lewmar blocks
– 2 Lewmar #58 ST electric primaries in cockpit (headsail)
– 2 Lewmar #48 ST two speed secondary winches in cockpit
– 1 Lewmar #44 ST electric utility winch on cockpit
– 2 Lewmar #44 winch on mast
– 1 Lewmar #44 winch for outhaul and boom vang
– Oversized 2.5 Teak Rub rail
– Extra midship Cleats for robust spring line tie-up
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!