Cruisers 1999 Island Packet 380 listed by S & J Yachts Brokers (Off Market)
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
1999 Island Packet 380 Tamarak
Tamarak is c ruise ready with consistent care and improvements. She has been covered every winter while on the Chesapeake since her current owner purchased her in 2001. She has current up to date maintenance logs and all receipts since her new purchase is 1999.
Come take a look! Its no exaggeration to say that Tamarak is in cruise ready condition if you are looking for the perfect cruising vessel in this size range.
The Island Packet 380 model was awarded Cruising Worlds Best Value Boat of the Year in 1999. Unparalleled excellence and value and the judges concluded that no vessel better met the stringent requirements for this award than the Island Packet 380.
Seasonal or long range cruisers can step aboard Tamarak today to finish out the year or shove off for long term voyages. Tamarak is ready for seasonal or year round cruising and enjoyment.
Special Features :
Custom varnished sapele ceiling paneling in salon and master cabin Factory carpeting Glebe Creek Custom teak hatch screen and door Full cockpit enclosure Floor access panel for extra storage Removable Jambilan Plum wood coffee table and wall sculpture
Caribe RIB (4) Person life raft Kato SS Davits (2) Kyocera solar panels with booster control Clean engine compartment, bilge and storage areas Consistent care and improvements 16 hours of instruction to new owner is offered by current owner (ASA Instructor)
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 39 ft 7 in
Beam: 13 ft 2 in
LWL: 32 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 7 in
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH2BE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3980
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 50 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (170 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (85 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
About the Island Packet 380
The well laid out deck with meticulous molded detail offers wide walkways, raised bulwarks forward, full length continuous stainless steel cabin top handrails, double lifelines with welded rails fore and aft, premium diamond pattern slip resistant surface, all designed to enhance safety and security while moving about on the deck.
Lifeline gates feature a teak step plate with a recess to accept aft led reefing/furling lines, keeping the gate area free of loose lines while in port. The cockpit has full length contoured seats that accommodate a large crew or invite stretching out.
The helmsperson will enjoy excellent visibility from the raised seat with padded backrest. the console mounted steering features Island Packets trademark rack and pinion geared design, providing a combination of reliability, strength unmatched by any other wheel steering design.
A steering wheel with leather cover, wheel brake and single lever engine control lever are also provided on the pedestal. The engine panel itself is within easy reach of the helm and features full analog gauges for all readouts. Cockpit convenience features abound with standard details such as built-in insulated beverage locker, two large seat lockers with gas support struts with easy access, a hand held cold water shower that easily reaches the stern swim step, deep swim ladder with rubber treads, two stern rail seats and a pedestal mounted folding table.
Safety concerns are equally well met with a pin lock for securing companionway drop boards, robust padeyes for safety harness attachments, a raised companionway bridge deck, large cockpit scupper drain capacity, and self-locking seat locker hatches with push button hasps that release from inside and out.
The hinged top nav station is situated at the aft end of the port side main salon bunk and doubles as the yachts main control center. A deluxe, well labeled electrical panel controls all AC and DC functions on the yacht, and ample extra breakers and mounting space.
A chart drawer, large enough for bound chart packs or folded large charts, is provided underneath the settee while storage tray below the table top and a handy drawer for navigational tools above add to the versatility of this work area.
The galley, immediately to the starboard side of the companionway, is easily accessible to the cockpit and the main salon, and features numerous convenience details for the cruising sailor.
A generous, wrap around counter provides ample work space for food preparation while numerous drawers, lockers and laminate-lined cabinets offer abundant space for organized provisioning and galley ware storage.
A sealed burner LPG stove and oven, along with a microwave oven, deep polished stainless steel sinks, overhead light and slide out trash receptacle make for pleasurable galley duties. The well insulated icebox features a gasketed lid that opens on a gas strut to reveal a divided, lighted and electric drain pump equipped box.
A fold-up counter extension, built-in dish rack, cutlery storage drawers, and numerous other detail features are sure to be appreciated both in harbor and underway.
The large, central living area is equally suited for social gatherings, off-watch retreats, or gourmet dining. The central hinged table with overhead lights may be either secured against the bulkhead mounted bottle and glass rack or easily lowered to make a large dining area.
An exceptional amount of interior interior stowage is available in the salon, as elsewhere in the yacht, due in part to the generous tankage centrally located below the cabin sole. Besides the obvious benefit of improving storage, this feature also provides additional comfort for added sleeping space, with the portside bunk pulling out to provide a nice sized double.
Beautiful cabinetry and joinery work in select hand oiled teak, premium designer fabric over dual density 5 cushions, well place light fixtures and handrails, numerous opening ports, deck vents and hatches, and durable and easily maintained overhead and hull surfaces make this salon and the entire interior as attractive and as it is practical.
The forward owners cabin is a real delight with a large, centerline island berth with access to both sides. The aft half of the berth, mounted on gas struts, lifts to reveal a large blanket chest.
Drawers, storage bins and a generous hanging locker also provides additional storage space for personal gear and provisions. A dorade vent, opening ports and a large overhead hatch provide light and ventilation, and a private door into the head further enhances this exceptional forward stateroom.
The most notable feature in the roomy aft cabin.
Another full length mirror, two opening ports, overhead hatch, large cedar-lined hanging locker and bureau provide comfort and convenience.
Island Packet Yachts have long been noted for their exceptionally livable designs, and this large head will further that reputation and your enjoyment and security. Accessed from the owners cabin or the main salon, its features a generous vanity with cabinet below a deep polished oval stainless steel sink, a large overhead hatch, opening port and several lockers for toiletry items.
The head is made particularly spacious with a clever folding shower stall enclosure that stows against the aft bulkhead when not in use. This features a full length mirror in the stowed position and, when open, divides the shower from the vanity area with a shower curtain.
A fold-down teak shower seat and wrap-around countertop surrounds the head providing captains chair seating and making the whole area very user friendly.
Deck, Hull & Cockpit
– Anchor/Deck wash down (2018)
– 3/8 SS lifelines (2014)
– 2 Kyocera KD 140SX, 140 watt with Blue Sky booster control
– Kato SS davits
– Chrome dorade vents
– Man overboard life sling
– Cockpit cushions
– 4 fenders
– Numerous dock lines
– (2) 2X6X4 fender boards
– Portable side gate step
– Jack lines
– 8 mooring pickup stick
– Boat hook
– (3) Wind Breeze Boosters
Sails, Rigging & Canvas
– The mast was pulled and all new internal wiring with spare pull strings (2015)
– Main (2010)
– Genoa (2017)
– Genoa Sheets (2016)
– Staysail (original)
– Mast spreader boots (2015)
– Mast boot (2015)
– Topping lift (2015)
– LED masthead anchor light
– LED running lights
– Forespar lightening charge dissipater at masthead
– Tricolor mastlight
– Forespar Rigid Boom Vang
– Norths Sails Bimini, Dodger Connect Panel with aft and 2 side grab handles (2013)
– North Sails Window covers (2013)
– Full Cockpit enclosure (2015 )
– Lofrans Windlass
– Starboard Anchor : 55 LB Rocna with 175 of G4 Hi-Tensile chain. 120 of 9/16 nylon rode
– Port Anchor : Fortress with 40 of 5/16, G4 Hi-Tensile chain. 120 of 9/16 nylon rode
Dinghy & Life Raft
– 2009 Caribe 9 RIB Dinghy
– 1999 Mercury 9.5 HP outboard
– SS outboard motor lift
– 4 person Viking life raft
Electrical, Mechanical & Plumbing
– Smartplug shore power cord receptacle
– 50 shore power cords
– 17,000 BTU Marine Air A/C , reverse cycle heat
– (4) Lifeline Group 27 house batteries (2016)
– (1) Group 27 starting battery
– Link 1000 Energy Management Panel
– Heart Interface 1500 W inverter
– Balmar 100 Dual Amo output alternator with smart regulator
– Additional match DC breaker panel mounted at Nav Station
– DC power ports (2) at Nav Station
– DC power port in cockpit
– (3) cell phone chargers
– 2015 High Water bilge alarm and new Rule 2000 bilge pump
– New fuel injectors at 2000 engine hours
– Starter and solenoid motor (2014)
– New cutlass bearing
– Auto Prop 3 blade self-feathering prop
– Original fixed 3 blade prop
– Very clean engine compartment and bilge
– Extensive spare parts for engine and pumps
– Raritan head rebuilt (2017)
– All cockpit drains, ice chest, head water supply, propane locker drain and head sink drain lines replaced (2015)
Electronics, Navigation Audio and Entertainment
– Raymarine MFD E 125 Chart Plotter (2014)
– Raymarine DR 50 Auto Pilot
– Raymarine RD418HD Radar
– Raymarine E70149 Tri-Data Transducer (Speed, temp, depth)
– ICOM 700 PRO SSC Single Side Band ( 2015 factory reprogram )
– ICOM M59 VHF with cockpit command mic. Flush mounted at Nav Station with long-range mashead antenna
– Additional VHF in cockpit with short-range antenna
– Sirius SR50 satellite radio and weather ( 2015 )
– West Marine 4000 Bluetooth stereo
– Custom SS and color matched Navpod for Radar/Plotter/Autopilot, mounted at helm
– (2) Removed control TVs and amplified antenna
– Frigoboat Refrigeration System ( 2003 )
– Evaporator Coil for refrigerator ( 2013 )
– Temp Switch/Speed controller for refrigerator ( 2015 )
– Seagull Water filtration system
– (3) Fire Extinguishers
– (6) Type 1 Offshore Life Jackets
– Custom stained varnished sapele ceiling paneling in main salon and V-berth
– Factory wall to wall carpeting
– Custom teak towel holders in head
– Custom teak hatch screens and door by Glebe Creek
– Floor access panel created for extra storage
– Removable Jambilan Plum wood coffee table and wall sculpture
– Personal artwork does not convey with the vessel
ASA Docking & Sailing Instructor - Instruction Included
The current owner of this vessel is an ASA Sailing Docking Instructor. 16 hours of instruction to the new owner is offered. The current owner is also available for any future questions by the next owner.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.