S & J Yachts Brokers presents this Cutter 2004 Island Packet 420 boat for sale.
Contact S & J Yachts Brokers with any questions about this Island Packet 420 by filling up the Contact form
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
Pappy's Packet is a one owner, 2004 Island Packet 420 that has sailed up and down the east coast and through the Caribbean. She has provided many adventures never letting her family down. Packets are exceptionally well built beginning with Bob Johnson's very modern cruising design incorporating a solid glass hull, synthetically cored deck and integral keel and bow sprit plus a sugar scoop swim platform. She has an easy to handle high aspect cutter rig with all new furling sails. A proper 4 cylinder,75HP Yanmar fresh water cooled, turbo charged diesel. The 420s moves very well under power and sail. With a full complement of furling sails, Bow Thruster, Autopilot, and full set of electronics, she is easy to sail. Her luxurious interior emphacises safety, luxury and comfort, with lots of elbow room and storage providing a space for everything. Pappy's Packet features 2 Heatpumps and a 6KW Generator to keep you super cool wherever you might be. She handles all kinds of conditions performs well in the light airs of the Chesapeake. The owners have continually upgraded and maintained her entrusting her with their family for over 18 years. She is immediately ready for new adventures to your favorite weekend gunkhole or some distant far off trip to paradise. Pappy's Packet is well worth seeing.
COMPLETE MECHANICAL & ELECTRONIC MANUALS
Pappy's Packet is a very comfortable and private two stateroom yacht with the Master Stateroom forward featuring an ensuite Head, private aft cabin with separate entry to Day Head located on port side of Companionway.
The Master Stateroom Head is forward with access to bow anchor locker. This is a very comfortable head with separate shower stall on starboard. The commode and sink are across on port. Head is well ventilated with 2 opening ports and a hatch. There is a custom dam that keeps shower water within the shower stall area.
Master Stateroom follows aft with large pullman double berth on starboard angled away from hull side so that you do not need to climb over sleeping partner to get out of the berth. Foot of berth lifts for blanket and sheet storage and has 2 large drawers under. Also, there is a cabinet with 5 shelves. Across on starboard, you have a large hanging locker, dressing seat and additional storage. There are 2 opening hatches and 4 ports providing excellent ventilation.
Saloon follows with facing settees, custom TV cabinet on port bulkhead mounted dining table on starboard, with convertible settee/double berth. There is tremendous storage over and under settees. Nav Station is aft of starboard settee with Galley following. There are 6 opening ports and 2 opening hatches in the Saloon/Nav/Galley area.
Across on Port from Galley and Nav Station is the large Aft Head with a private door to the aft cabin and another to the main saloon. There is an opening port.
The Aft Cabin lies athwartship with a very large double berth, hanging locker, bureau and additional storage under the berth. There is an opening hatch and 2 opening ports for great ventilation.
The Cockpit is large and comfortable for sailing, relaxing and entertaining.
The Companionway is on center between the Aft Cabin and Galley and its steps climb over the engine compartment. Engine Access is super easy through a hinged door on the starboard side. The Fuel Pump and its on/off switch are fixed to the starboard door for easy inspection. Steps remove, there is a door on port and the aft cabin cushion are easily removed for full engine/drivetrain access. There is a drop-down ladder accessing the very convenient Sugar Scoop swim platform,
– 2 Cruisair Reverse Cycle Heat and Air Pumps: Forward 16000 BTU (New 2021) and Aft 8000 BTU unit in Custom Cabinet over Engine Compartment
– Teak and Holly Sole throughout except fiberglass with non-skid surface in Heads and at base of companionway.
– Hot and Cold Pressure Water
– Cockpit Cold Water Shower
– Screens Custom Shades for all opening Ports.
– Glebe Creek Hatch Screens.
– Hella 12C Cabin Fans (2 Spares)
– Lee Cloths for both Saloon Settees.
– Alaskan Keel Cooled 12V Divided Refrigerator-Freezer each with individually controlled thermostats. Digital Temperature Display outside of unit. Note: Refrigerant Pressure Re-charged 2020
– Force 10 3-Burner Propane Stove and Oven.
– Stainless Steel Double Sinks
– Custom Linens for Owner's Stateroom
The Island Packet 420 is equipped with both a 12V Ship and a 110V Shorepower Electrical Systems with Breaker Panels for each at the Nav Station
– A Fischer-Panda 6KW Generator with new water pump provides plenty of 110V Power while away from the dock
– House Battery Bank: 4-Group 31 Batteries 2022.
– Engine Start Group 31 2019
– Charles 5000 50Amp Battery Charger
– Charles 5000 50Amp Spare Charger
– Magnum Energy Remote Conrol and Battery Monitor
– 12V Outlet at Helm
Electronics & Navigation Equipment
– Richie Compass at Helm
– Raymarine ST60 Knotmeter, Depthsounder and True/Apparent Wind
– Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot
– Integrated Raymarine Chart Plotter
– VHF Radio w/RAM at Helm
– Alpine Stereo/CD Player w/Cabin Cockpit Speakers
– SSB ICOM Radio
– Digital Yacht AIS Transceiver w/WIFI option
– Charts Cruising Guides
– Navigation Tools
– Handheld Spotlights
Sails & Rigging
The Island Packet 420 has a modern double spreader, high aspect, masthead rigged cutter. With furling main and headsails combined with a beamier, flatter bottomed modern hull provides lots of interior room without sacrificing performance. She is not a race boat but she deals very well with the lighter summer winds of the Chesapeake.
– Sobstad Genoa 2022
– Sobstad Staysail on Hoyt self tacking boom
– Quantum Main
– All lines are led aft except for the Headsail Halyards and Vang
– All Winches are Harken
– Boom Vang
– Deck Mounted Mainsheet
– Main Preventer with lines led to cockpit
Deck Construction and Equipment
Island Packet features a solid glass full-keeled hull with integral keel and bow sprit. Her decks are synthetically cored. She has a cutaway forefoot and a spade rudder that combined with the full keel provides both great tracking and maneuverability in tight marina fairways.
– Maxwell 1200 Anchor Windlass wforedeck cockpit Up/Down Controls
– Delta 33 Primary Anchor w/300' galvanized chain rode
– 2 Fortress Anchors
– Deck Washdown
– Dodger, Bimini Connecting Panel with Sighting Windows and Handrails
– 2 Full Cockpit Enclosures (Vinyl and Screens)
– Custom Companionway Cafe Doors w/Screen Glass Inserts
– Original Companionway Boards for use at sea
– Cockpit Cushion, Table and Drinkholder
– Teak Cockpit Table
– Kato Dinghy Davits separate OB Crane
– Edson OB Motor Mount on Stern Rail
– Magma Stern Rail Propane BBQ
– Pad Eyes for Jacklines Tehters
– USCG Safety Package
– Docklines, Fenders
– 9' Hard Bottom Dinghy w/Bow Locker, Oars
– Tohatsu Electric Start 9.9.Outboard
– SS Opening Ports with Screens
– Glebe Creek Screens for all Hatches
– Exterior Teak Stripped Refinished 2021
– Dock Steps
– American Flag and Staff
Engine & Mechanicals
– Yanmar 4JH3TE Fresh Water Cooled Diesel 75HP
– SidePower Bow Thruster
– Max Prop 3-Blade Feathering Prop
– Mechanical Bilge Pump
– Electric Auto/Manual Bilge Pump
– Fresh water Electrical Pump
– Mechanical Water Pump in Galley
– 2 Shower Sump Pumps
– Refrig/Freezer Sump Pump
– Yanmar Engine Manual Tool Kit
– MANY SPARE PARTS
Besides the USCG Package:
– Viking 6 Person Life Raft (requires inspection)
– MOB Flag Pole with attached Strobe Light
– Complete Ditch Bag
– 406 EPIRB
– 2 Medical Kits (Level II)
– Extended Damage Control Kit (Level II)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!
Find out about different sailboat types, most popular sailboat brands and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide. Find out about different sailboat types, sail vs power boat, most popular sailboat brands, what do you need to own a sailboat and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide.