For the serious blue water cruiser, knowing your boat can handle more than you is priceless. Island Packet understands this and has made it their mission to build a yacht you will never have to second guess. As an extra bonus, they happen to be thoughtfully laid out, both above and below decks. Whether living aboard at the marina or taking off around the world, you will never second guess your decision to own an Island Packet.
Lightly used and well maintained, Hunters Dream original owner is offering her for sale. She is hull #38 and well equipped from the factory. Engine has only 300 original hours. Here is the highlight reel.
Raymarine E series electronics
She is docked in Charleston Harbor and awaiting your call.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Bob Johnson
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 51 ft 7 in
Beam: 15 ft 4 in
LWL: 43 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 3 in
Displacement: 39000 lbs
Ballast: 16000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 63 ft 6 in
Headroom: 6 ft 5 in
Dry Weight: 39000 lbs
Total Power: 100 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH3-HTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 287
Engine Power: 100 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (300 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (300 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (60 Gallons)
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Island Packet 485 builds on the exemplary qualities that have made Island Packet yachts respected and admired around the world. Naval architect Bob Johnson created the IP485 by combining the superior comfort, ease of use, seakeeping and safety that have always been the foundation of the Island Packet concept, along with the innovative features and stunning good looks that will again set benchmarks for the cruising sailor.
The interior of the 485 sets her apart from from others in her class. It begins with the enormous raised salon, which allows for panoramic views thru large fixed windows. Seating is ample, with full length settees port and starboard, providing room for 6 to relax comfortably. Covered in buff colored Ultra Leather, seating is very durable and extremely comfortable. A small dining table to port has room for two guests while the bulkhead mounted table to starboard has room for two more. The starboard settee is capable of converting to a double berth.
The navigation center faces forward and has a high back swiveling arm chair. There is a large chart table and repeaters providing access to all information you have in the cockpit. The electrical panel is also installed within arms reach, making for an efficient command center.
Galley is to starboard and laid out in a walk thru design. This provides several benefits including generous counter space, more room for refrigerated storage, better storage, and easy access into the engine compartment. Counters are finished in Corian, including top loading fridge/freezer.
Forward is VIP stateroom with island berth and en suite head. Privacy doors close off cabin from passageway and allow private access to head when desired.
Forward head incorporates a separate shower stall, vanity, and VacuFlush toilet.
The second guest cabin has bunk beds and could be converted to a dual purpose office.
Aft of the galley is the owners stateroom. The queen size island berth is set up athwartship. There is a dressing seat and cedar hanging locker along with plenty of drawers and storage compartments. Additionally, access is provided to the cave, a lazarette that rivals those of boats twice her size.
The owners head has a separate shower stall, vanity, and VacuFlush toilet.
– Force 10 oven with 3 burner cooktop
– Frigoboat Keel Cooler Fridge (top loading)
– Adler Barbour 12V Freezer (top loading)
– Isotherm Drink Drawer
– Stainless Steel Dual Basin Sink
– Pressurized hot/cold water
– Corian Counters
– Trash Bin
Electrical & Mechanical
– 50 amp 120/240V AC shore power service cable
– 30 amp 120V AC shore power service
– Charles C-Power Isolation Transformer, 50 amp 120V x 2 ship service
– Charles 5000 Series 100 amp charger
– Balmar 110 amp high output alternator
– MasPower 8kw Generator (155 hrs)
– 6 x Lifeline AGM 12V House Batteries
– 2 x Lifeline AGM 12V Thruster Batteries
– 1 x Mastervolt AGM 12V Engine Start Battery
– 1 x Mastervolt AGM Generator Start Battery
– GFCI Outlets
– Sidepower Bow Thruster
– Electric Fuel Primer Pump
– Racor Fuel Filter for Gen and Engine
– Battery Switches Parallel
– 11 gallon hot water heater with heat exchange
– Pressure water pump
– 3 x Marine Air Reverse Cycle Units (10k, 12k, 16k)
– Tank systems monitor
– VacuFlush Toilets
– Raymarine E80 at Nav Station
– Raymarine E120 at Helm
– 2 kw Radome
– Raymarine ST60 Multi at Helm
– Raymarine ST60 Wind, Speed, Depth
– Raymarine Linear Drive Autopilot
– Standard Horizon Matrix VHF
– JVC CD/DVD/Sirius
– JVC CD Changer
– Bose Cabin Speakers
– Cockpit Speakers
– Viewsonic 19 TV
Deck & Cockpit
– Fixed Glass Dodger above companionway
– Lewmar pedestal with Navpod, s/s wheel, engine controls
– Speaker control at helm
– Folding cockpit table
– Cockpit Cushions
– Transom Shower
– Fold down bench on stern
– Swim ladder
– Muir Cheetah HR2500 Windlass
– Deck foot switches and helm switch
– S.L. 66lb Claw Anchor with 3/8 x 150 G4 chain
– Dual Anchor Roller
Sails & Rigging
– Cutter Rigged with Quantum Headsail and Staysail
– In Mast Furling Quantum Mainsail
– Charleston Spars Anondized Aluminum mast and boom
– Harken MKII Roller Furling
– Hoyt Staysail Boom
– Lewmar 64CEST Electric Primary Winches
– Lewmar 48ST Cabintop Winches
– Lewmar 30 Furling Winches
– Lewmar 30 Halyard Winches at Mast
– Lewmar 16 at Mast for Staysail
– Harken Mainsheet Traveler
– Spinlock Clutches
– Genoa Tracks with Adjustable Cars
– Rigid Vang with Purchase
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.