Stock #065434 -
AS INDICATED FROM THE CURRENT OWNER;
The reason for low hours on the 1996 Mercury Engines is that they had just been overhauled (i.e. new pistons, rings, etc.) when I purchased the boat.
After an overhaul, those engines need to be broken in as if they were new again. The breaking in period consists of running the engines at various lower rpms (less than 5,500 rpm) for 10 hours or more. I followed this procedure for 12 hours and then winterized the boat for storage.
No receipts for the overhaul as the engines were overhauled and mounted on the boat hull before I purchased the unit.
Total cost of the overhaul those engines was $2,600 for each engine back in 2008, when I purchased.
Based on my recent conversation with a marine mechanic, if you wanted to perform the same complete overhaul it would cost around $3,100.
KEY FEATURES & ALL THE H-P "GOODIES;
- TWIN OUTBOARD (O/B) MERCURY HIGH PERFORMANCE (H-P), 2.5 L, EFI 2 STROKE, V-6, CLE, RACE ENGINES
- EACH ENGINE W/4 BLADE POLISHED SS "SPINNELLY" H-P 26 PITCH PROPELLERS.
- COUPLED SEA-STAR O/B HYDRAULIC STEERING PACKAGE,
- TWIN BOLSTERED DEWITLER ADJUSTABLE HYDRO JACK COMPLETE W/TRIM INDICATOR,
- PRO-LINE SYNCHRONIZED RACE FOOT FEED THROTTLE,
- REX BILLET SHIFTER,
- DUAL GAUGE PACKAGE BY GAFFRIG (I.E. WATER PRESSURE, TEMPERATURE, & TACHOMETER), DUAL BOSCH H-P FUEL PUMPS W/INDEPENDENT FILTERS THAT DRAW FROM A SINGLE REAR CENTRALLY MOUNTED 30 GALLON FUEL TANK.
- EXTRA SEALS, GASKETS, WATER PUMP IMPELLERS, H-P PRE-MIX OIL, AND GEAR LUBE ARE INCLUDED.
- CANVAS TARP
Fuel must be pre-mixed oil w/Premium 91 octane (minimum) gasoline,
works best on Av-Gas or race fuel but performs impressively on premium.
This unit is capable of 125 mph speeds @ 500 feet above MSL (Mean Sea Level).
Engines have low use time (12 hours) since major over-haul, just nicely broke in and ready to "Rock-n-Roll"!
Owner says his Liberator is "FAST & LOOKS GOOD" & loves the SMOOTH RIDE. Great boat w/BRAGGING RIGHTS...!!!
Please submit any and ALL offers - your offer may be accepted! Submit your offer today! At POP Yachts, we will always provide you with a TRUE representation of every vessel we market. We encourage all buyers to schedule a survey for an independent analysis. Any offer to purchase is ALWAYS subject to satisfactory survey results. Thank you for visiting and we look forward to speaking with you!