Schooner 1980 Madlener Staysail Schooner listed by Cruising Yachts, Inc. (Off Market)
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
HUGE PRICE REDUCTION. OWNER WANTS OFFERS!
THIS IS A RARE OPPORTUNITYPURCHASETHIS ROCK SOLID EXPEDITION, BLUEWATER STAYSAIL SCHOONER AT AN INCREDIBLE LOW PRICE.
Stella Serena was custom built in Hawaii by noted yacht designer Fred Madlener. He and his family sailed to French Polynesia, American Samoa, the Cook Islands, Tonga and beyond. Stella Serena was purchased in 2005 by her current owner who sailed her throughout the Pacific Northwest.He is ready to move on and wants her sold! The yacht is nowin San Diego awaiting her new Owner.This twin masted staysail schooner is built to robust standards. Her spars are 23 inches in diameter. Shehas a plethora of oversize winches and beefy fittings throughout her large, soliddecks. Roller furlers for each of the seven sails make sailing a breeze with just a minimal crew. As the builder says: Stella goes out when other craft are coming in. Small craft warning 21-33 knot winds are good sailing. Stella Serena is the perfect offshore vessel forsailing schools, oceanresearch organizations, youth groupsand adventure seekers!
Serious inquiries by qualified parties arewelcome.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Total Power: 160 HP
Engine Brand: Detroit
Year Built: 1980
Engine Model: Jimmy
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2500
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 160 HP
– LOA: 83
– Beam: 17-9
– Draft: 10
– Ballast: 25 tons
– Displacement; 60 tons
– Engine: General Motors
– Model: Jimmy
– HP: 160
– Hours Unknown
– Fuel: 800 gal.
– Onan Generator.
– Refer to photographs of engine and equipment.
– Sleeps 11
– 3 Staterooms including full beam aft Master Stateroom
– 5 Pilot Berths.
– 3 Heads.
– Dining for 10.
– Salon has bench seats and second access to the deck.
– Beautiful woodwork throughout.
– 7 banks of 180 amp gel cell batteries (three 12v, four 24v).
– Battery charger.
– 2 generators.
– 110v AC / 12v DC / 24v DC systems.
– Refer to photographs of equipment.
– VHF radio.
– SSB radio WDB 8567.
– Wind Speed.
– Wind Direction.
– CB Radio.
– 2 GPS.
– Depths sounder.
– 2 Radars.
– 2 Chartplotters.
– Refer to photographs of electronics.
– USCG approved running lights.
– USCG approved PFDs.
– Locations for 12 fire extinguishers.
– 3 auto bilge pumps.
– 1-2 manual bilge pump.
– 3 electric diaphragm emergency pump.
– Cockpit 1/4 boat length from stern.
– Lofrans windlass.
– Stern seating.
– Lifelines (stainless 316).
– 4 anchors (main is 254# Bruce).
– 400 chain.
– 1000 rode.
Sails & Rigging
– 6 Genoa
– 2 Jib
– 2 Drifter.
– 8 roller furlers
– 30 winches (Lewmar, Barient, Ashahis)
– Blocks etc.
– Two 23 diameter, Kevlar wrapped masts.
– Refer to photographs of deck equipment.
– Autopilot with twin auxiliary rudders.
– U-shaped stainless steel and laminate counters
– 3 burner propane cooktop, oven.
– Twin deep stainless steel sinks.
– Large top access refrigerator.
– Large top access freezer.
– Tools, spare parts, extra lines, cooking and cleaning supplies. Too much to list.
– Operational manuals and additional informationwritten by the builder are on board.
– Owner reports sails to be in good to excellent condition.
– Hauled and new bottom paint in 2016.
– STELLA SERENA IS AN INCREDIBLE DEAL FOR THE RIGHT BUYER!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.