Trawlers 1987 Mainship Nantucket
Off Market since May 16th 2019
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
1987,40 Mainship Nantucket Dual Cabin Yacht...
46 overall including Swim Platform with Bowspritand Anchor Roller.
144 beam... traditional trawler hull... prized for its large Salon floorplan supporting shorts steps up to the Poop Deck and Bridge... and down to fore and aft cabins.
1,100 hours (3,300 avg life) on twin454 Crusader Engines.I cruise at 2800 (15 - 18 MPH depending on current and wind). Both engines are currentlycompression testing withinspecs. The carbs have been rebuilt and ignition is electronic. With Auto Pilot, Anchor Windless, Sirius Weather, new just about everything... as near excellent as it gets...
Heres a list of everything Ive added and replaced on this boat and when she was last surveyed:
-This year she gotnew cutlass bearings and log shaft packings.
-I had her surveyed before I made the Ludington passage from Grosse Ile, MI...byJack Mormon whosaid the Hull and Stringers are and invery good shape.
-The former owner installed the large screen Raymarine GPS/Plotter. But, Ive added a NEMA 2000 Backbone from the central processor required for the AutoPilot install...in case I/someone wanted to add CCD Cameras and/or a FLIR (she has vintage Furunoradar).
Added in last 6 years :
- Auto-Pilot (Raymarine)
- Sirius Weather dome and Raymarine compatible software upload
- Stainless Plow Anchor, Electric Winch (bridge controlled), Stainless Bow Roller, 15 ft Chain 400 ft of premium Rode (Original Anchor 400 ft of Rode stowed below for aft tethered anchoring scheme)
- 4 Man Life Raft
- Big TV
- Deer Skin Hide-a-Bed Sectional Couch
- Stainless Gas Grill on Poop Deck
- Custom Made Lobster Trap Coffee Table for the Poop Deck
Replaced in last 7 years :
- Intelligent Inverter/Battery Charger
- New Batteries
- All new Thru-Hull Hoses
- All new Engine Belts Hot Water Hoses
- New Zincs throughout
- New Heat Exchanger Caps
- BothRudder Packings
- Both Toilets
- Both Shower Pump-Outs
- Bilge Pumps
- All Cabinet Drawer Catches (Stainless)
- Stainless SteelHot Water Heater
- Cabin Salon Carpeting
- New Smoke CarbonMonoxide Detectors
- Props (Twin Spares stowed below)
- Flybridge Clear Vinyl
- Poop Deck Flybridge Carpeting
- New Helm Chair
- Poop Deck Chairs
- Fire Extinguishers
-Im going to put another coat of Sikkens on Deck Teak and Murphy Oil the Salon Cabin Oak in June.
All of the new replacement work Ive done is for esthetics, just to stay ahead of stuff before it happens,or for safety reasons.
She will operate trouble free for many years... with the only piece not replaced being the refrig... which Im waiting on because it isntbroke why fix it?
A buyer is going to get a great, great boat.
– We offer fantastic financing and insurance rates, a true ONE STOP SHOP! We have rates and terms that will blow your mind (in a good way)!
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Dry Weight: 24000 lbs
Fresh Water Tanks: (140 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 (150 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Shore power inlet
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
5 Solid Reasons to Buy a Trawler. Learn more about trawler yachts from our quick guide. 5 Solid Reasons to Buy a Trawler. Learn more about trawler yachts from our quick guide.