Motor Yachts 1986 Marine Trader "40" Sundeck Trawler listed by Curtis Stokes & Associates, Inc. (Off Market)
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
Bay Breeze is a 1986 40 Marine Trader in nice condition. She offers a full Awlgrip paintjob, single Ford Lehman 135 HP main engine, Westerbeke 8 kW generator, Heart Interface 2000 watt inverter, bow thruster, 2017 10 ZAR Mini aluminum hull RIB tender with Honda 5 HP outboard, Kato stainless steel davits, large sundeck and a large, full-beam master stateroom aft. With her attainable 145 height, Bay Breeze is a perfect Great Loop cruiser.
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Deep Vee
LOA: 40 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 0 in
Displacement: 25000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 14 ft 5 in
Total Power: 135 HP
Engine Brand: Ford Lehman
Engine Model: 2725E SP135
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1869
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 135 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (250 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (350 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 4
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Seating Capacity: 6
40' Marine Trader Vessel Walkthrough
From the covered sundeck, you can walk out either side deck and enter the salon through the starboard side deck door or continue to walk forward to the foredeck; or you can step up two steps to the flybridge or step down into the salon via the double doors and hatch port forward. Once inside the salon, you will find the lower helm with fold up helmseat and side deck door starboard forward, roll-out liquor cabinet to starboard, L-shaped settee with hi/lo folding teak table (converts to a double size berth) starboard aft, master stateroom companionway aft, lounge chair and ottoman to port and a countertop with two stools port forward. Walk forward and step down to find the galley to port and guest head to starboard. The guest stateroom is forward. Engine room access is via salon sole hatches.
The headroom in the salon is 66, 63 in the master stateroom, 61 in the master stateroom shower, 511 in the guest stateroom, 65 on the sundeck and 75 on the flybridge. The master stateroom berth is 63 long and the guest stateroom berth is 67 long.
40' Marine Trader Accommodations
Bay Breeze offers a full-beam master stateroom aft with a queen size berth and an ensuite head with a tub/shower and a guest stateroom forward with a double size berth to port. The guest head is starboard aft of the stateroom and across from the galley. The salon settee also converts to a double size berth.
40' Marine Trader Salon
The salon offers a side deck access door starboard forward, a roll out liquor cabinet to starboard, an L-shaped settee with storage and a hi/lo folding teak table starboard aft, lounge chair and ottoman to port, countertop with two stools port forward, storage cabinets, opening side and aft windows with blinds, fold-down Samsung flat screen TV and teak holly sole. All interior upholstery was replaced in 2018.
To view a 360 degree photo of the salon, copy and paste the link below into your browser:
40' Marine Trader Galley
The down galley is port forward of the salon.
- Princess 3-burner electric cooktop and oven - Norcold refrigerator/freezer - GE Turntable microwave oven - Double stainless steel sinks - Formica countertop - Teak holly sole - Wine glass rack - Spice rack - Storage cabinets and drawers - Dry storage
- Portlight - Fan
To view a 360 degree photo of the galley, copy and paste the link below into your browser:
40' Marine Trader Dining
Dining space is available at the salon settee.
40' Marine Trader Master Stateroom
The full beam master stateroom is aft and offers a queen size berth, teak holly sole, 2 benchseats with storage, desk/vanity, 2 transom portlights and 5 side portlights (All with 2018 canvas covers), overhead hatch, storage drawers and cabinets, hanging locker, safe and ensuite head with a tub/shower.
To view a 360 degree photo of the master stateroom, copy and paste the link below into your browser:
40' Marine Trader Guest Stateroom
The guest stateroom is forward and offers a double size berth to port, a benchseat with storage to starboard, storage drawers, shelf, hanging locker, 2 portlights with 2018 canvas covers. overhead hatch with a screen, reading lights, anchor chain locker access and a teak holly sole. The guest head is to starboard aft of the stateroom and across from the galley.
To view a 360 degree photo of the guest stateroom, copy and paste the link below into your browser:
40' Marine Trader Lower Helm
The lower helm is starboard forward in the salon and offers a full suite of electronics, a fold-up helmseat and a side deck access door.
40' Marine Trader Flybridge
The flybridge offers a bimini (2018), hinged Radar arch, non-skid deck, benchseat with storage on each side and aft, Wise helmseat and storage under the helm console. Canvas covers new in 2018.
To view a 360 degree photo of the flybridge, copy and paste the link below into your browser:
40' Marine Trader Sundeck
The sundeck offers a hardtop, teak deck, teak cap rails on stainless steel stanchions with weather boards, 4 deck chairs, three teak tables, transom gate, rod storage, a hatch and double doors to the salon, opening window to the salon, 2 teak steps to the flybridge, molded-in steps to each side deck and a storage cabinet.
To view a 360 degree photo of the sundeck, copy and paste the link below into your browser:
40' Marine Trader Audio/Visual Equipment
- Shakespeare Seawatch TV antenna - Fold-down Samsung flat screen TV in the salon - Fusion MS-AV650 stereo in the salon - Fusion and Pyle speakers
40' Marine Trader Electronics
- Raymarine E7024 multi-function display at the lower helm and on the flybridge - Raymarine autopilot on the flybridge
- West Marine 500 DSC VHF at the lower helm - Standard Horizon Explorer VHF on the flybridge
- Ritchie magnetic compass at the lower helm and on the flybridge
40' Marine Trader Electrical System
- Westerbeke BT8.0-614 generator with approximately 802 hours - Heart Interface 2000 watt inverter with Link 2000-R remote panel at the lower helm - Mamocks Motor Electric Co. 160 amp and 55 amp alternators - Brute force HDC31SMF engine start battery (2018) - 4 X Interstate GC2-XHD-UTL 232 Ah house batteries (2015) - Deka Marine Group Group 27 generator start battery - Blue Sea battery switches
- 2 X 30 amp shore power cords - 110 vac outlet on the flybridge and on the sundeck - 12 vdc outlet on the flybridge
40' Marine Trader Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- Single Ford Lehman 2725E SP135 135 HP main engine (Rebuilt is 2019) with approximately 1,869 total hours and approximately 5 hours since rebuild
- Borg Warner Velvet Drive gearbox - Stewart Warner, Motorola and VDO gauges - Morse engine controls - Vetus steering system
- Elfin Toring Bow Pro bowthruster - Dual Racor 75/500 MAX fuel filters with vacuum gauge for the main engine - Lunaire Marine reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system (3 zones)
- Force 10 11 gallon stainless steel water heater - Shurflo 3.3 gpm fresh water system pump
- Jabsco electric heads - Macerator
40' Marine Trader Deck Equipment
- Power Winch 412 anchor windlass - Danforth 22S anchor - Sampson Post - Stainless steel rails forward and teak cap rails on stainless steel stanchions on each side and aft - Washdown forward - Stainless steel fender racks - Teak decks - Windscreen covers - Boarding gate each side - Fiberglass swimplatform - Teak and stainless steel swimplatform ladder - Stainless steel swim ladder - Full Awlgrip paintjob - Fresh water shower aft - New canvas covers in 2018
40' Marine Trader Tender
- ZAR Mini RIB10 aluminum hull RIB - Honda 5 HP outboard - Kato stainless steel tender davits
40' Marine Trader Safety and Fire Protection
- Fire extinguishers - Kidde smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- AFI horns - Rule bilge pumps - Bilge pump alarm panel on the flybridge
40' Marine Trader Exclusions
- Sellers personal belongings - Tools
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Additional Units Included
– 2017 ZAR Mini RIB10
Read all about Motor Yachts Thinking about buying a Motor Yacht? For a beginner or to cross the Atlantic? Used or new? Check out our Motor Yacht guide to choose the right one for you.