"Relentless" is a 44 foot cutter rigged sailboat. She is cold molded cedar, sheathed with fiberglass, completed in 1988 and refurbished and updated in 2013.
Her owners have recently completed a summer tour in the Puget Sound and BC and have her ready for any adventure. They precisely set the boat up to be economic, easy to use for a couple, and updated to be a modern, yet classic cruiser.
Relentless is also fast. At 20,000lb displacement, she is 3-5k pounds lighter than the Hunters, Catalinas and Beneteaus of this size range. She also has a great deal of sail area (943 SqFt of Main and Genoa). On our short sea trial out of Anacortes she performed admirably in very, very light air.
This McGuire 44 has lots of upgrades. Read the full listing, but they include:
– New Volkwagen engine, 65HP with 650 hours, which burns only 1.12 gal/hour at 7 knots,
– New Simrad electronics in 2013 , including radar and chartplotter,
– 3 autopilot systems , one new in 2012 and two spares,
– 8 sails , including cruising spinnaker, genoa, jib, storm sails and a large furling main.
– 4 anchors , plus 300 feet of chain and 500 feet of rode,
– 4 propellers, including two feathering props,
– Lead Keel - 9,500 Lb
– Life raft.
"Relentless" is ready to see in Anacortes, on dry dock.