Ketch 1984 Morgan 416 Out Island listed by United Yacht Sales (Off Market)
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
The Morgan 41 is the most well known center cockpit in this size ever conceived, with over 1,000 hulls built. Known as a heavy duty, go anywhere center cockpit, she's clean, both inside and out, with Awlgrip on topsides, deck house and non-skid. The interior has lots of space with numerous amenities as well as two large staterooms, forward and aft. The Morgan Out Islands have always been popular with cruisers and live-aboard's alike as they are recognized as a strong boat that can take you anywhere, yet it is very easy to sail by one or more. This particular Morgan from the Out Island series has had regular upgrades and maintenance as well as several "new-in-box" electronics ready to install.
Owner will consider all reasonable offers.
Beginning forward is the large V-berth guest cabin with hanging locker and drawer storage. The forward head is to starboard and accessed from both the forward cabin and/or the salon. Next, aft to port is a hanging locker followed by a straight bench settee. Opposite is an L-Shaped settee with a dinette table that folds up against the bulkhead creating a spacious salon that can sleep an additional three people. Storage is outboard and below the settees. Following the salon and to starboard is a U-Shaped galley and opposite is a walk-thru to the engine compartment and aft cabin. Along the walk-thru is a separate ice locker and shelf that doubles as a work bench. Finally, the large aft cabin features an athwartship queen berth, shelves, hanging lockers and drawers. The aft head compartment is to starboard and in the forward portion of the cabin adjacent to the aft companionway ladder. Storage is quite abundant throughout the spacious and very comfortable interior.
– Numerous opening ports
– Several opening deck hatches
– 12Vdc interior lighting
– Teak/holly like sole replaced throughout in 2017
– Fiberglass headliner replaced throughout in 2017
– Interior woodwork stripped/varnished in 2017
– Dockside water inlet
– TV/Telephone inlet
A functional and well designed U-Shaped galley is at the base of the companionway and to starboard. Equipped with spacious countertops for meal preparation while underway or dockside.
– 2-burner LPG stove
– Adler Barbour Refrigeration - compressor and cold plate replaced in 2014
– Microwave oven - Samsung
– Hot/cold pressure water
– 10 cu/ft refrigeration box
– Stainless steel sink with double basin
Helm and Electronics
– Danforth Compass
– Garmin 12" color chartplotter
– Garmin radar
– Wind generator mounted on mizzen mast
– Electric horn
– Garhauer stainless steel boom vang - New in Box
– Garmin hydraulic auto pilot - New in Box
– KVH TracVision satellite dish - New in Box
Wired for complete 12Vdc and 115Vac systems with breaker panel and breakers, Perko rotary battery switch. Shore power is a Hubble 125 volt, 30 amp service and Marinco 125 volt, 30 amp service with two 50' long electrical cords. 12Vdc lighting throughout the interior, numerous 12Vac and 115Vac outlets.
– Vetus Bow Thruster replaced in 2016
– 2 MarineAir self contained 16,000 btu AC units with reverse cycle heat
– Dedicated engine start battery
– Xantrex true charge 20 amp battery charger
– International navigation lights
– 2 full function heads with showers
– Holding tank with macerator pump
– 1-1/4" s/s prop shaft
– 3-blade bronze propeller
– Dahl fuel/water separator
– 90 amp engine alternator
– Fuel tank gauge(s)
– Single lever throttle/shift control
– Hynautic hydraulic steering
– Sound deadening insulation in engine room
– Hot water heater
– 2 Rule bilge pumps with Rule-a-Matic float switches and 2 manual bilge pumps
– All port lights (12) replaced in 2016
Sails and Rigging
The Morgan 416 is the final evolution of the Out Island series and regarded by many to be the best performing of all models produced.
The main mast is a double spreader, keel stepped rig, and the mizzen is a single spreader. The slotted aluminum toe rail offers infinite sheet lead positions for the headsail, block attachments, etc.
– 120% r/f genoa
– New Mainsail with triple reef points, lazyjacks
– Mizzen with double reef points
– Original rigging completely replaced
– Mastclimber system
– 2 Lewmar #48 primary winches
– 2 Lewmar #16 and 2 Lewmar #8 winches
– Roller furling Mainsail (new, low hours) - original furler replaced with fast track and dutchman system
– Roller furling Mizzen sail
– Roller furling Headsail
– Mast partners of main and mizzen mast removed and replaced with Spartite 2-part epoxy mast wedge replacement system - 2016
Hull and Construction
The Morgan 416 hull is hand laid solid fiberglass with an internally ballested full keel and keel attached rudder. The deck is cored in no-load areas; otherwise, solid fiberglass. The hull to deck joint is an internal hull flange and the deck is thru-bolted with a slotted aluminum toe rail attached. A molded rub strake with stainless steel rub-rail aids in protecting the hull.
– Ideal electric windlass
– Danforth and CQR anchor with 5/8" 3 braid marine grade nylon and galvanized
– 3/8" BBB
– Bimini , dodger, connector panel
– Full eisenglass enclosure
– Cockpit cushions
– Folding swim ladder
– Edson aluminum dingy davits on transom
– Bottom completely stripped to bare glass - coated with 3 coats Interlux 2000 barrier coat and 4 coats bottom paint - 2015
– 2 deck hatches adjacent to mast replaced in 2016
Engine and Mechanical Details
Merlin is powered by a 4-cylinder Perkins 4154-200 diesel with recent service (documentation available) to include:
– Fuel pump rebuilt
– Reworked head
– New fuel injectors
– Approximately 1,500 hours
– By Universal - 3 cylinders
– Racor fuel/water seperator
– Exhaust system - Aqua lift type - Raw water cooled with FRP canister
Merlin has been seasonally sailed since purchased by her owners and has received very good care. She is nicely equipped, shows well and is attractively priced.
*Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.