Sloop 1981 Newport 28 listed by United Yacht Sales (Off Market)
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
This vessel is in immaculate condition. One owner, meticulously maintained and cruised regularly. Clean open interior with plenty of natural light below. Includes fully rebuilt engine with a one (1) year warranty!
Excellent family cruiser or starter boat. This boat has been cruised annually by the current owners.
– Pull Out Cabin Bed in Main Salon
– Fold Down Table with Storage
– Custom Storage Bins Behind Settees
– Clock and Barometer
– VHS Radio
– Ships Bell
– Ships Mirror
– 2 Burner Propane Stove
– Ice Box
– Manual Water
– Custom Clothing Storage in V-Berth
– New Mosquito Netting for V-Berth Hatch
– 130 Jib with Harken Roller Furling
– Main with 2 Reef Points and Lines Led Aft to Cockpit
– Boom Vang
– Whisker Pole
– Bosun Chair
– Lazy Jacks
– 2 Lewmar 40 Self Tailing Winches
– 2 Lewmar 7 Halyard Winches
– Tiller and Instrument Covers
– Dodger and Bimini over Cockpit
– Full Cockpit Canvas
– Outboard Motor Bracket on Stern
– Happy Hooker Mooring Line Assistant
– Dock Lines and Fenders
– 16 lb. Bruce Anchor with 50’ Chain and 200’ Line and Bow Roller
– Danforth Stern Anchor
– Hatch Covers - Exterior Hard Plastic
Helm and Electronics
– Depth Sounder
– Knot Meter
– Wind Speed/Direction Indicator
– Instrument Covers
– VHF in Salon
– (2) 12 Volt – Replaced in 2015
– Fire Extinguishers in V-Berth and Quarter Berth
Engine Details and Mechanical Equipment
– 1995 Yanmar 2 Cylinder 18.2 HP Fresh Water Cooled Diesel Engine (Rebuilt in 2018 with 1 Year Warranty)
– Model: 2GM20F
This boat is in exceptional condition. Purchased new in 1981 by the current owner and impeccably maintained with haulout and bottom paint bi-annually. Last haul was in 2016.
Engine fully rebuilt in 2018 with 1 year warranty.
*Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.