Jeff Merrill Yacht Sales presents this Trawlers 2004 Nordhavn 43 boat for sale.
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
Located in Ensenada Mexico, Cayenne is hull number one of the extremely popular Nordhavn 43 series. The Nordhavn 43 was developed after the 2000-2001 Nordhavn 40 Circumnavigation and was designed to replace the legendary Nordhavn 46. PAE/Nordhavn created the Nordhavn 43 as a two stateroom, two head, owner operator trawler for long distance cruising.
The Nordhavn 43 is a full displacement trawler with proven ocean crossing capabilities. The performance aspects have been designed for functionality, utility and reliability. The interior features finely crafted teak joinery, granite countertops balanced with white laminate inserts with teak and spruce soles. You will appreciate the placement of windows and lighting for visibility as well as hatches, portlights and dorade vents for air circulation. The interior includes air conditioning for climate control. The layout aboard Cayenne has a pleasing, natural flow transitioning from one area to the next.
SALOON: The saloon is entered through a Dutch door. The saloon and galley make up the entry level. There are settees on both sides of the saloon for sitting (and sleeping). The teak and spruce wood soles are covered by indoor/outdoor carpet squares. There is a drop-down access floor hatch to the engine room. Flat screen television port aft. Forward locker by pilothouse stairs houses the Splendide laundry appliance. The interior accommodations are air conditioned.
• Dutch door entry from the cockpit
• Upholstered settees with storage underneath
• Manual activation pull for engine room fire suppression
• Carpet protection over teak and spruce wood floors
• Opening and fixed windows outboard on both sides
• Flat screen television wall mounted aft port corner
• Stereo system for listening to music
• Forward locker for laundry appliance
• Spendide 2100XC combination clothes washer and dryer (vented overboard)
• Teak storage racks
• Teak dining table with starburst pattern (includes protected cover)
GALLEY: The galley is forward to port and simultaneously spacious and compact enabling easy meal preparation and stable cooking. Essentials include refrigeration, freezing, propane stove and oven, microwave, trash compactor and double basin sink. Storage lockers and drawers stow all of the galley utensils, plates, bowls, mugs and glass ware.
• Seaward Princess Gourmet II (3) burner stove top with oven
• Xintex propone control panel
• GE Profile Spacemaker II microwave oven
• SubZero Refrigerator with teak face
• SubZero combination refrigerator freezer with stainless steel face in stack by stairs
• GE Monogram trash compactor with teak face
• Double basin stainless steel sink with Grohe faucet
• Storage locker below sink
• Teak and spruce sole
• Opening portlight
• Forward storage lockers with sliding louvered doors
• Overhead storage locker with access doors
• Multiple storage drawers
PILOTHOUSE: Forward from the entry level you ascend a short flight of stairs up to the pilothouse. You can continue forward to the curved stairway that leads to the lower level. The pilothouse has two Dutch doors outboard for immediate deck access. The overhead panels have been changed out to black to reduce glare. Aft is watch berth (with slide out extension) and a settee that is fronted by fixed teak table. A Stidd helm chair provides a comfortable command perch. Key nav/com and ships operating equipment are mounted for a quick view and easy reach in the forward dash and overhead panels. The electrical breakers are labeled and protected. Additional refrigeration is provided by the Vitrifrigo drawers.
• Stidd helm chair
• Lugger main engine panel with analog gauges - Morse control levers
• Yanmar wing engine panel with T-controls
• Northern Lights generator panel with analog gauges
• Naiad MultiSea II stabilizer panel
• Inverter remote panel
• Link battery monitor
• Electrical breakers panel
• Air conditioning select panel
• Ritchie compass
• Windshield wipers
• Windlass control
• Angled helm with fast rotation knob
• Two Vitrifrigo stainless steel refrigeration drawers
• Settee bench seat
• Teak table with drink holders and protective cover
• Watch berth – slides out to make wider
• Chart drawer
The lower level has both staterooms and heads as well as access aft to the engine room.
GUEST STATEROOM: Located forward below the foredeck, this stateroom was custom ordered to sleep three in single berths. The forward head and shower includes a fresh water toilet and sink with medicine cabinet.
• Over / under single berth bunks to port
• Single berth to starboard
• Opening portlights port and starboard
• Overhead opening hatches with screens
• Teak and spruce soles with hatch access to tanks
• Raritan Atlantes electric fresh water toilet
• Y-valve for head
• Stand up stall shower with curtain
• Storage lockers
• Sink undermounted into granite counter
• Mirrored medicine cabinet with storage
OWNER STATEROOM: The owner stateroom is amidships with the bed turned athwartships. The head and shower is to starboard. There are two hanging lockers and many drawers. The forward bulkhead has a large mirror. The floors are teak and spruce. The head has a large shower stall with bi-fold door, granite counter with sink and medicine cabinet and the fresh water toilet.
• Island berth sleeps two
• Two portlights outboard
• Mirror on forward bulkhead
• Hanging lockers
• Night stands
• Assorted drawers
• Furuno repeater
• Raritan fresh water head
• Y-valve for head
• Stand up shower with bi-fold door
• Granite counters with undermount sink
• Holding tank level sensor
• Fresh water level sensor
ENGINE ROOM: The primary engine room access is through the teak faced door with viewing window aft in the owner cabin. The Lugger main engine is keel cooled with a dry stack exhaust. The outboard primary fuel tanks are fiberglass and have sight glasses. The Yanmar wing engine to port provides independent propulsion. The Northern Lights generator has sound shields. The fuel distribution is via a forward supply tank and uses manifolds and Racor fuel water separators.
• Lugger main engine – keel cooled, dry stack exhaust
• Yanmar wing engine with isolated aluminum fuel tank
• Northern Lights 8kW generator
• Naiad MultiSea II active fin stabilizers
• Bronze through hulls and strainers
• Sea Fire – fire suppression
• Electric bilge pump
• High water bilge pump
LAZARETTE: The lazarette houses the steering gear, watermaker, hot water tank, emergency tiller, air conditioners, batteries and inverter/charger. This is a large space that serves to store the extras most cruisers accumulate.
• Village Marine water maker
• Magnum 3,000-watt inverter
• Xantrex 1,000-watt charger
• Seaward 11-gallon hot water tank
• Hynautic steering ram with valves
• House batteries
• Fuse panel
• Cockpit hatch locking mechanism
SWIM PLATFORM/COCKPIT: The cockpit (aft deck) has access from the extended swim platform and boarding doors on both sides. Each side of the cockpit has a full height boarding door with scupper flat at the base. This area has storage lockers and is trimmed with a varnished teak caprail.
• Custom swim step deck extension
• Deep reach swim ladder
• Cockpit hot / cold freshwater shower
• Raw and Fresh water hose big
• Large hatch access to lazarette below
• Freeing ports
• Hawse pipes for mooring lines
• Varnished teak cap rail
• Paravane fish storage sockets
• Hot/cold shower
• Fresh and sea water taps
• Storage lockers
• Propane locker – vented overboard
• Rod holders
• Rod/boat hook storage racks overhead
• Barbeque mount (propane Magma BBQ)
• Step up to starboard side deck
• (3) Access gates to cockpit
SIDE DECK/PORTUGUESE BRIDGE: From the cockpit you can step up to the starboard side deck and transit up to the Portuguese bridge. The shore power connections are outside of the pilothouse. The Portuguese bridge deck has an access door to the foredeck and wraps around the front of the pilothouse continuing aft to reach the boat deck from steps on the port side
• Side deck with stainless rails along starboard side.
• Shore power connections
• Portuguese bridge provides a safe path forward of the pilothouse
• Hinged gate to foredeck
FOREDECK: The Maxwell windlass is atop a guttered anchor well with a Freeman hatch access to the chain locker below. There two deck hatches above the forward cabin and forward head. Two built in fiberglass storage boxes. Two dorade vents. The life raft is mounted to port.
• Maxwell VWC 3500 windlass
• 50 KG Bruce anchor
• 400’ chain
• Freeman hatch
• Chain locker with shelves
• Two built in fiberglass deck boxes
• Dorade scoops for natural air ventilation into each cabin
• Life raft mounted on cradle
This is a large deck with tall stainless steel safety railings. The mast supporting the dry stack exhaust pipe runs up from the engine room through the muffler console. The boom is rigged with cables and blocks for dinghy launching and to position the paravane outriggers. The dinghy is mounted athwartships and is on a raised mount with room below for storing gear. The starboard side deck has been used for bicycle storage in the past (no bikes included mounts have been removed).
• Highfield 10.5 RIB with mounts and securing straps
• Honda 15 HP outboard
• Forespar mast and boom
• Electric boom winches in console
• Paravane outriggers with longer spreaders, rigging and water drag fish
Up a couple of steps on the port side of the boat deck you arrive at the flybridge. This upper deck has a folding Bimini top. There are two helm chairs side by side and a clever ‘jump’ seat between them and aft. From the starboard seat you can operate Cayenne – angled helm, autopilot, main engine controls, bow thruster, VHF radio and more. The forward console has access doors for storage.
• Folding Bimini cover
• (2) Helm chairs
• Convertible padded jump seat
• Chart plotter
• Storage locker forward
• US Coast Guard safety equipment (flares, fire extinguishers, discharge and trash plaques, horn, life jackets, throw ring, etc.)
• Sea-fire engine room fire system
• EPIRB mounted on boat deck
• Viking 4-person life raft mounted in cradle on foredeck
ADDITIONAL BROKER COMMENTS:
Cayenne is a US Coast Guard Documented vessel. Cayenne is loaded and ready to head right back out to sea. The current owners have done an exceptional job looking after her.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct but cannot be guaranteed. Items excluded include, but are not limited to Paintings, tools, handheld nav gear and binoculars. Owner’s personal effects and clothing will be removed prior to closing.
Jeff Merrill Yacht Sales, Inc. presents the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor guarantee or warrant the condition of the vessel. Buyers should instruct their agents and their surveyors to investigate all details the buyers desire validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
JMYS is a US based (licensed and bonded yacht brokerage in California, Florida and Washington) with an international emphasis specializing in ocean capable trawlers and recreational tugs. Our brokers are experienced boaters, most are trawler owner/operators with thousands of hours and miles at sea. We treat our clients with respect, we are responsive and not pushy. Our focus is to become your loyal advocate, always looking out for your best interests. The team at JMYS has extensive trawler and motor yacht product knowledge and our skills are available for coaching after the sale has concluded.
Fellow yacht broker association members: Cayenne is available for Co-Brokerage.
*Listing broker. Jeff Merrill, CPYB (Certified Professional Yacht Broker) has extensive product knowledge of the trawler market plus direct experience with the Nordhavn 43. He helped clients build several new 43’s (Taiwan and China) during his 14 years with PAE and continues to be active in the Nordhavn brokerage market. Jeff is a familiar face to YouTube viewers and a regular presenter at TrawlerFest. He writes about trawlers for Ocean Navigator and PassageMaker magazines and is one of the online instructors for Boaters University.
Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!