Cruisers 1986 Pearson 33
Off Market since Nov 24th 2022
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
This 1986 Pearson 33 has 2 private staterooms plus a convertible dinette that can accommodate 2 more. Her fixed keel with centerboard makes her an ideal Chesapeake Bay boat or anywhere for that matter. She has had a number of upgrades thru the years, including a Vinylester Barrier coat on her bottom, new life lines and her roller furling was upgraded to a Harken system when the owner first bought her. She would make a great starter boat or family cruiser. She also has the ability to be a nice club racer as well, which the present owner did in the early years.
She is located in Solomons, Md. Please contact Laird Larrimore, the listing broker, to make an appointment.
It is pleasantly surprising at how much space there is in this 33 footer. As you enter the cabin, to starboard and tucked under part of the cockpit, is the aft cabin. There is a nice large berth, standup room in front of the berth along with a hanging locker. There is also additional engine access. As you go forward and on starboard is the L-shaped galley. Opposite the galley to port is a wet locker and large Navigation station. Under the Nav table is a large Ice Box. Aft of the wet locker is a nice size head compartment.
Her main salon consists of a straight settee to port and an L-shaped dinette to starboard with table and drop leaves. This dinette converts to make an additional double berth. There is shelving outboard of both the settee and dinette for additional storage. Forward of the salon is the second private stateroom. The forward stateroom consists of a V-berth with filler, hanging locker to starboard, storage to port, as well as under the berth and overhead hatch for nice ventilation.
Her interior is warm and inviting with navy colored cushions through out and plenty of teak cabinetry. There are 8 opening ports and 3 hatches for abundant light and fresh air.
Her galley is nicely equipped and has plenty of counter and cabinet space for cook ware and preparing meals.
– Single stainless steel sink with cold water
– Tasco 2 burner propane stove with oven and removable counter top
– large storage locker in counter
– Storage lockers outboard
– compartmentalized dish rack
– Built in liquor locker
– plenty of drawer storage
– Large ice box
Hull and Deck
Access around the deck is quite comfortable with wide decks and inboard shrouds. She had a full barrier job done to her bottom aprox 10 years ago. Shaved down and glass infused vinylester resin applied in several coats. She is inspected annually and all looks fine.
– Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits with side stanchions and double life lines (new life lines in 2018)
– Swim ladder off aft pulpit
– Port and starboard aft pulpit seats
– Primary anchor is a 35lb CQR mounted on anchor roller in bow
– Plenty of 5/16 chain and 5/8 rode in anchor locker
– Secondary Danforth anchor
– Multiple fire extinguishers
– Pedestal with wheel steering
– 4 adult life vests
– 2 childrens life vests
– Dock lines
– Fenders (4)
– Propane tank with new valves and guages
– 2 blade Maxi prop
– Teak cockpit table
– Propane grill
Sails and Rigging
– Aluminum spar stepped on deck
– Double spreader mast head rig
– Harken Roller Furling for the head sail
– 140% genoa
– Main with 2 reef points and Lazy Jacks
– Whisker pole stored on deck
– Mast support post also houses the centerboard cable
– All lines led aft to the cockpit for ease in single handing
– Winch by companionway for the centerboard cable
– Blue canvas sunshield for genoa
– Blue canvas cover for main
Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical
– Datamarine -
– apparent wind
– Quest VHF with plug on pedestal for remote
– Sony AM/FM/CD - speakers in cockpit
– Pedestal mounted compass
– Radar reflector
– 30 amp shore power cord
– 110V shore power
– 2 Batteries for 12V - 1 engine start and 1 for house
– Battery charger
– Yanmar 2GN20 dsl engine 15HP
– 2021 New alternator
– New stuffing box
– Manual Whale bilge pump
Find out about different sailboat types, most popular sailboat brands and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide. Find out about different sailboat types, sail vs power boat, most popular sailboat brands, what do you need to own a sailboat and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide.