United Yacht Sales presents this Ketch 1981 Pearson 530 boat for sale.
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
The Pearson 53 is a solid offshore cruiser. And with her unique keel/centerboard configuration, she has the ability to visit secluded harbors along the way. This 53 is the three stateroom two head layout. She comes well equipped with many spares as she currently lives in the Grenadines. The current owners have done some selective chartering and those records and files can be available to the next owners.
The engine has just been rebuilt, and the generator has a new (rebuilt) engine. The furling Main is a recent add-on and complements the rest of the inventory including a spinnaker, two staysails and a mizzen.
SKIPPING STONE is US documented and all paperwork is current and up to date.
The main salon has a traditional Nav Station on port. There was a settee on port leading to the companionway and the two forward staterooms. In the bow is a V-Berth with filler to make an ample double berth. Just aft is the guest stateroom with over/under single berths.
Back in the Salon…on starboard is a huge dining table with ample seating for six on an L-Shaped settee. Continuing aft, you enter the starboard side galley featuring 110V Refrigeration, Seafrost, new-ish compressor, copper lines, RFD, expansion valves, and insulation and fiberglass bottom added to boxes.
The 530 Pearson features mid ship cockpit with all controls leading to the cockpit…and is laid out with wide side decks. Weather protection is afforded through a dodger and matching bimini.
The spacious, sunny, main salon has a minimum of 6'4" headroom, and is lit by seven ports and two large overhead hatches. The interior is all wood and every bit of it is built by hand, the woods carefully chosen for the beauty of their grain.
– Nav station
– Dining table
– L-Shaped settee
– Straight settee
– Teak and Holly sole
– Main Salon AC working
– 4-Burner propane cook top
– Microwave oven
– 110V Refrigeration with surface access
– Ample storage
– Main Electrical Panel
– Access to the WALK-IN ENGINE ROOM
– Propane lines newly installed and wired (2020)
– Adjustable whisker pole
– Lofrans Falcon windlass
– Primary anchor is 88 lb. Rocha
– 200’ 1/2” BBB chain
– Secondary anchor is X55 Fortress
– 285’ Braided nylon with 30’ chain
– Danforth anchor-lunch hook
– New anchor roller with spare
– New snub line
– Ample chafe gear
– 500 lb. Capacity davits
– 2015 Zodiac Classic Dinghy
– 15 HP 4-Stroke Johnson Outboard
– Cockpit table
– Custom companionway door…hatch boards are stowed
– Eyebrows on almost all opening portholes
– New (added) porthole aft cabin
– New Dry Deck cockpit
– Upholstered cockpit cushions
– New backstay 2020
– New headstay 2014
– New jib halyard and sheave-dyneema 2020
– New forward lower mizzen stays
– New ¾” jib sheets
– Hood Stowaway in-mast furling main sail 2015
– Electric and/or manual operation
– Yankee jib
– Lightly used staysail
– Spinnaker pole
– Mizzen staysail
– Electric jib winches (Lewmar ST65)
– BG Autopilot (does not need install, drive motor replaced in the last five or so years and old one stowed but needs refurbishment)
Electronics and Helm:
– Icom VHF radio
– SSB and Antenna tuner w/o antenna
– Raymarine ST-60 wind, depth, boat speed indicators
– New spare ST-60 wind indicator
– Alden weather fax
– Garmin3206 GPS/aft cabin repeater
– Handheld VHF
– BG Auto Pilot (has new drive motor-needs install)
– Furuno radar at nav station
– Garmin radar at helm
– Sterling Pro (New, 2020) 40 Amp Battery Charger
– 80 Amp Battery Charger
– 30 Amp shore power cable and connection
– 50 Amp shore power cord and connection
– 8KW Onan generator
– New/rebuilt engine 2018
– New muffler and heat exchanger 2020
– Ample spares
– Rutland 914i wind generator with remote display
– 20 Amp solar panels with mppt controller and remote display
– LED Running lights
– LED Steaming lights
– LED spreader lights
– Air conditioning…Forward and Aft units need service
– 110V 35gph Water Maker (new HP Membrane possible needed, that's all)
Engine Details and Mechanical Equipment:
– 4.236 Perkins diesel engine - 1981 - 30 hours SMOH
– Seacocks serviced and hoses replaced as necessary 2018
– Max prop…plus spare 2-blade
– Manual Raritan head forward
– Electric Jabsco head aft
SKIPPING STONE is a beautiful, well equipped and loved performance cruiser. The owners have encountered some health issues and have decided to offer her for sale. She is located in the Grenadines and with contacts there, and input from the owners, we can show you through the boat either virtually or in person. We understand that travel is an issue and are considering moving SKIPPING STONE to the states. Please call to discuss your needs and how SKIPPING STONE may fit in your future.
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!