Trawlers 2000 Provincial Marine 42 Downeast listed by Edwards Yacht Sales (Off Market)
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
This beautifully constructed, fuel efficient, single engine trawler must be seen!
Provincial Yachts is not a well known name in the cruising trawler world, but this still active quality Canadian builder has nearly 400 hulls in service worldwide since 1974. This Lobster boat hull was designed initially for North Atlantic commercial service and is "over built" for the duty of a traditional cruising style vessel. Her single level salon/galley/lower helm layout opens directly to the spacious aft cockpit for one level living and easy water access. The centerline berth forward stateroom and split head arrangement offer the perfect set-up for a cruising couple. Her low maintenance exterior complements the beautifully executed custom joinerwork inside. The engine room and mechaincal systems are in top conditon. She is in turnkey conditon and is loaded with equipment cruisers want: Bow Thruster, Genset, AC, Solar panels, Electric Davit, Enclosed Flybridge, Full Electronics, Fiberglass fuel tanks, Washer Dryer, and much more.
The seller has spend nearly $250k upgrading and maintaining this boat to his standards.
If you are looking at "name" brand trawlers like a Grand Banks or Kadey Krogen, you owe it to yourself to consider this vessel. She has many more desirable features, less maintenance required, and all at an incredibly affordable price!.
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 0 in
Displacement: 24000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 18 ft 0 in
Engine Brand: Cummins
Engine Model: 6BTA 5.9M
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3400
Engine Power: 315 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Fiberglass (375 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Fiberglass (550 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (70 Gallons)
Vessel Description and Equipment
This beautifully constructed trawler must be seen! Many trawler purists refer to this hull as a New England Lobster or Down East style trawler. This hull was designed initially for heavy industrial work and by most standards is "over built" for the duty of a traditional cruising style vessel. 12 of these customized trawlers are now cruising the waters with 250 more in commercial fishing.
Entry into the salon is from the cockpit through sliding glass door with settee/dinette that provides seating for six to stbd and solid surfacing counter with entertainment center and beverage fridge to port. Forward of the dinette is a big nav/office desk and fully equipped lower helm. Opposite is the L-shaped galley with 360 degree views, solid surface counters, double integrated sink, custom cold plate fridge/freezer, trash compactor, and propane range.
Two steps down to forward stateroom has a split head arrangement with electric toilet and Avonite sink to starboard side and full size walk-in shower stall with Avonite sink to port. The forward stateroom has a center line double berth with a combo washer/dryer under and storage below, with a small bench seat in each corner. Over the berth is a custom control center that affords convenient arm's length access to lighting, AC, and stereo controls.
Huge vented hanging closet on stbd side.
Custom Honduras mahogany interior with Canaloudi brass Italian mood lighting and Plastique teak and holly flooring throughout. All cabin lighting is LED and seller has added safety handholds in several places.
– 12v dc custom cold plate fridge/freezer with Mahogany door
– 110v undercounter fridge
– Seaward 6 gal water heater 110v and engine heat exchger
– Trash compactor
– Double Avonite sink with pressure and foot pump water systems
– 3 burner princess LPG stove with oven
– Raytheon ST 7000 Smartpilot autopilot w/remote
– North Man autopilot solenoid control- NO CABLES OR GEARS JUST TWO VALVES SENDING HYDRAULIC FLUID UNDER PRESSURE FROM THE ENGINE PUMP TO THE RUDDER RAMS. NO SEASTATE OR WEATHER CAN OVERWHELM IT.
– (2) Raytheon RL 80c 10" chatplotter displays with radar overlay.
– 4kw Raymarane Radar array
– (2) Raytheon ST80 Masterview Depth/ speed indicators w/smart sensors
– (2) Raytheon Ray 230 VHF radios w/hailer fog bell Coast Guard safety package Wheel steering Raytheon hailer
– Raytheon Raystar 120 Seatalk network
– ICOM IC-M710 SSB with aoutomatic antenna tuner
– Sirius Radio Antenna
– (3) 4-speaker stereo systems in Master cabin, salon,cockpit and flybridge
– 17" LCD TV
HULL AND DECK EQUIPMENT
– Lewmar H2 electric windlass with deck and dual helm controls and helm controlled chain washdown feature
– Delta 44 anchor on pulpit bow roller
– 155' 5/16" G-4 chain
– Spare Bruce anchor and rode
– Swim platform
– Cockpit door
– Cockpit shower
– Cockpit flysheet shade
– Sliding glass door from cockpit to salon with Phantom screen
– Compete set of cockpit and flybrige cushions
– Full flybridge enclosure NEW 2015
– Aragoni Helm seat with bolster and adjustable footrest on flybridge
– 500# Nick Jackson electric davit
– SS flybridge ladder with teak steps (only exterior wood on the boat!)
– 2 rearview mirrors
– Single 2000 315hp Cummins 6BTA 5.9M with 3200hrs
– Fuel efficiency: 2.1GPH @ 6.5 kts (1200rpm), 2.8 GPH @ 7.5kts (1400rpm), 3.9 GPH @ 8.2kts(1600rpm), 5.2GPH@ 9.1kts (1800rpm)
– Twin Disc MG 506 2.50:1 transmission
– Hynautics shift and throttle system
– Vetus 5012 bow thruster
– Dual cylinder power hydraulic steering
– Raw water flow detector
– Dual Racor 1000 fuel filters with water detection alarm and lower helm mounted vacuum gauges
– Fiberglass fuel tanks, cleaned and fuel polished 2015
– Engine room sound insulation
– Fireboy Automatic fire supression system
– Virtual Lifeline MOB safety system, personally worn sensors shut down engine if submerged
– (2) Ocean Breeze Air Conditoners (16K BTU forward cabin and 20K BTU salon/galley)
– Raritan Electric Head
– Splendide combo washer drier with vent
– Northern Lights 6kw generator in sound shield, 1800hrs
– 4X 8D AGM house battery bank
– 4D Engine start battery
– Group 31 Genset battery
– 140A alternator
– Xantrex 2000w sine wave inverter/ charger (2013)
– 2x 125w Mitsubishi solar panels
– Blue Sky Controller, max 14amps
– 850 Lumen underwater transom light
– LED interior lighting
– 12v fans
– LED anchor light
– (2) Nicro solar/battery powered day/night ventilators
– 50a dockside AC hookup
Compared to other similar vessels of this size and vintage, I believe this handsome, rock solid, versatile, and seakindly vessel represents a superlative value for a liveaboard or long term cruising couple. "Must see" is an overused expression in yacht sales, but TRANSITION truly needs to be seen to be appreciated.
5 Solid Reasons to Buy a Trawler. Learn more about trawler yachts from our quick guide. 5 Solid Reasons to Buy a Trawler. Learn more about trawler yachts from our quick guide.