Racers 1988 Schock 35 boat for sale at a glance:
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! Make an offer, ask the seller a question, or check availability.
35' Schock 35 '88 "Minx"
1988 Modified Schock 35. The boat is Class legal. Join a competitive fleet, or cruise to the Islands on a performance boat.
- The rod rigging is original but was inspected Sep 21 by a local rigger and determined to be in good condition.
- A local shipwright rebuilt the boat over 8 years.
- New prop shaft strut made and installed a new cutlass bearing and shaft.
- The mainsail is a Dacron class cut, with 1 reef point, built by LG Sails in Nov 2021.
- The race jib is an Ullman 150 in good condition.
- The asymmetrical spinnaker is .75 oz cloth and has a Minx cat face on it. Age unknown.
- .75 oz symmetrical that shows only light wear
- There's a stack of other sails mostly in storage including a 'new' 1.5 oz spinnaker, another older spinnaker, LG & Hyde 150 jibs. a 95% useful jib, an old delivery mainsail, a worn #2 jib, a reacher and a blooper.
- The Yanmar had fresh oil and oil filter, coolant flush and refill, new air filters and a new external oil line in Oct 2021. A new mechanical fuel pump and fuel filter were installed in March 2022.
- Two new AGM batteries were bought from West Marine and installed Nov 2021.
- Other new items: main halyard, jibsheet bags, fenders, dock lines, depth/speed/temp transducer, jib track/foil, and Jabsco head pump/valve assembly.
- Refinished floor boards and steps, bottom paint June 2022, four opening port-lights, Top Climber bosun chair, recent jib sheets, and two kelp windows.
This is the cleanest Schock 35 in existence! Sail storage in the bow with line storage on port and custom head and holding tank on starboard. A door separates the salon from the bow area for privacy in the head. Port and starboard settees and pilot berths in the salon. Galley is on port with custom countertops, no stove/oven or refrigeration keeps her light for racing. A refrigeration unit and stove can be added easily. There's a single stainless sink with manual water, and storage above. Navigation station is across to starboard with chart plotter, radios, and electrical panel. Port and starboard quarter berths with storage shelves above are aft. Sleeps 8. The interior of the boat has been faired and finished.
Manual water system
Electronics and Navigation
Wind speed and direction
Speed and distance logs
BG Zeus II W7
AM/FM radio with stereo speakers
12V DC and 110V AC
West Marine AGM group 24 battery – 79 amp hrs (new 10/2021)
Battery parallel switch
Fortress anchor with est. 20’ chain and 200’ rode
Mainsail cover running lights
Bow pulpit and rails
Lifelines and stanchions
Dock lines and fenders
Actual LOA: 35’
Last bottom paint – 6/14/2022
Very small aftermarket “bow sprit” – approx. 6”
Sails and Rigging
Manual boom vang
Rod standing rigging
Hydraulic backstay adjuster
Aluminum keel-stepped mast
Total (6) Lewmar winches:
(2) S/T cabin top
(2) 3-speed primary
(2) 2-speed secondary
White Dacron mainsail (LG) new 10./2021
Ullman carbon 150% jib
Hyde carbon 150% jib
LG 150% jib
95% blade (drifter)
0.75 oz racing spinnaker
1.50 oz older spinnaker
Asymmetrical spinnaker (cat logo
Sails included but not on boat
#2 – not in good condition
“New” 1.5 oz spinnaker
White main – top (3) battens are full – good condition
Old delivery main
Engine and Mechanical
Fresh water cooled engine
2-blade folding prop
Raw water sea strainer
Cockpit and cabin engine controls
Thermal and acoustic engine area insulation
Manual engine fire extinguishing
(1) manual and (1) electric bilge pump
Manual tiller steering
Manual head with overboard discharge
3-gal holding tank
6) life jackets (new)
(2) fire extinguishers
Other Features and Equipment
PHRF rating - 69
All seller’s personal effects on board are excluded from the sale of this vessel.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Choose the best loan offer and get out on the water! Apply for boat financing in minutes, choose the best loan offer and get out on the water!
Covering types, popular brands & ownership. Find out about different sailboat types, sail vs power boat, most popular sailboat brands, what do you need to own a sailboat and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide.
The email with password reset instructions has been sent to . If you will not receive email from us within next few minutes please check your spam folder.
If you're having issues resetting your password let us know.