Express Cruiser 2004 Sea Ray 280 Sundancer listed by United Yacht Sales (Off Market)
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
The Sea Ray 280 is a nice-looking cruiser with a curved windshield and integrated swim platform. With her wide beam, the interior is spacious with comfortable overnight accommodations for six. There is a V-berth seating arrangement forward with a filler cushion to make a double berth, the dinette converts by lowering the table and adding the filler cushion and the mid cabin stateroom is a double berth. Privacy curtains separate the three cabin areas. There is a full galley and a standup head with sink, Vacu-Flush head and shower. In the cockpit there is fore and aft facing seating aft with a large table separating them and a nice laid-back seating area along the port side. The helm seat is adjustable and offers a bolster and the helm visibility is excellent. The foredeck is easily accessed with steps built into the companionway door-leaving more helm space. Additional features include a transom garage for storage, extended swim platform and engine room access under the cockpit hatch. The 280 rides on a solid fiberglass deep V-hull with a flared bow and the 280 features a sleek profile with a forward-facing radar arch.
Interior cherry wood and matching carpets and fabrics make the Sea Ray 280 appear much larger. Well cared for with limited long-term use, this 280 has under 150 original hours. Don’t miss this one, she is ready to go!
Lift kept there is no bottom paint. On the hard currently while seller’s lift is repaired. No hurricane damage!
Entering the cockpit by way of the integrated swim platform you will notice the cockpit on the 280 is made for relaxation. Along the transom are a settee facing forward and a settee facing aft. Between them is a high/low fiberglass table. On the starboard side and just behind the helm seat is the wet bar with sink and cold-water faucet. Forward and along the starboard side is the adjustable helm seat with thigh high bolster. The helm is well laid out with an adjustable steering wheel and all controls and gauges are within easy reach. Access to the bow is through the center windshield and steps molded into the companionway sliding door. Along the port side is a companion settee. Down a few steps you enter the roomy and well laid out main cabin. Behind the companionway steps is the aft cabin. The aft cabin features a double berth with a mirrored cabinet head board. Just before entry into the aft cabin is a locker with the entertainment center and storage for CDs. A privacy curtain separates the cabin from the main cabin. Forward and to starboard is the head with fiberglass vanity with built in sink, Vacu-Flush head and stainless-steel sink and faucet. Slightly forward and to starboard is the full galley. Ample solid surface countertops and storage spaces along with the matching sink, single burner electric stove top, and a microwave oven make the galley area an excellent food prep station. Across from the galley is the convertible dinette with fore and aft facing seats.
Outboard storage cabinets and a cabinet with sliding doors make storing items easy. The dinette converts by lowering the table and adding the filler cushion. Forward and along the port side is a nice hanging locker. The forward area is a large “U” shaped seating area with matching pillows. The area can become a nice double berth by lowering the center table and adding the filler cushion. There are storage areas under each bottom cushion. An overhead hatch in the forward area features an Ocean Air shade and screen. A privacy curtain separates the forward lounge from the main cabin. Outboard sliding storage and the flat screen center and cabinet are to starboard. A privacy curtain separates the cabins.
Located in the main cabin the compact galley enables the onboard chef to cook a wonderful onboard meal that will please the Captain and crew.
– Molded solid surface countertops with sink cutting board cover
– Safety stainless steel handrail
– Molded sink with stainless steel faucet
– Sylvania microwave oven
– Norcold dual voltage AC refrigerator/freezer
– Kenyon Euro-Kera single burner electric stove top with matching protective cover
– Upper and lower storage cabinets
– Trash bin built in under companionway step
The main electrical panel is located at the entry to the aft cabin.
– 12-volt DC and 120-volt AC power
– Main distribution panel for AC/DC with circuit breakers
– Kohler 5 kW generator with 10 hours
– 30 Amp shore power cord, 50 ft.
– Cruise Air 10,000 BTU reverse cycle marine air conditioning and heat with SMX ir control
– Battery parallel switch
– Dual battery switch
– Inteli-Power Marine Model PD-2030 battery charger
– 12-volt helm windshield wiper
– 6-gallon hot water heater with heat exchanger
– GFI Protected electrical system
– Clarion XMD3 AM/FM/Cassette player with remote speakers and helm control
– Clarion DCZ625 (6) disc CD player
– Toshiba TV mounted on pull out TV center
– Fireboy-Xintrex CO2 detectors
– Color-coded wiring with chafe protection
– CO2 detectors
– Bow 12-volt horn
– Glomax television antenna
– Remote 5” spotlight with helm control
– Ritchie Powerdamp compass
– Garmin GPS Map color chart plotter
– Raymarine Ray 215 VHF radio with DSC
– Waterproof electrical switch pads with ISO symbols
– Indirect cockpit lighting
– Helm windshield wiper
– Single stainless steel 12-volt horn
– Bennett hydraulic trim tabs
– Guest remote control for the spotlight
Engine and Mechanical
Mechanical: Engine room access is through a hatch in the cockpit making checks and maintenance a breeze.
– MerCruiser 5.0L MPI fuel injected gasoline engines with less than 150 original hours
– MerCruiser Bravo III stern drives, recently services and new lower end of starboard engine
– MerCruiser engine and transmission control with tilt/trim
– MerCruiser SMART Craft Diagnostic instrumentation with scrolling information
– Remote oil filters for easy changing
– Full engine instrumentation with audible oil and water alarms
– Power assisted steering with Sea Ray wood steering wheel
– Sea-Fire fire suppression system with remote at helm
– MerCruiser Mercathode II corrosion protection
– Stainless steel propellers
Deck and Hardware
– Marlin electric windlass with foot and helm controls
– Starboard bow anchor locker
– Stainless steel anchor roller with plow anchor, chain and rope rode
– Stainless steel stanchions, rails and port holes
– (8) thru bolted stainless steel cleats
– Stainless steel bow and stern eyes
– Transom storage garage for storage
– Transom hot/cold shower in cockpit
– Swim platform with folding stainless steel swim ladder
– Rub rail with stainless steel insert
– Windshield with tempered glass and center walk through
– (4) stainless steel opening port lights with screens
– Cockpit bolsters and side storage cabinets
– Snap in cockpit and helm carpets
– Dockside water connection
– Dockside cable TV and telephone connection
– Full Sunbrella beige camper canvas
– Full Sunbrella beige Tonneau cover for protection
– NO BOTTOM PAINT AS LIFT KEPT
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.