This well founded Thomas Gillmer designed, double ended Cutter is sailed on a regular basis. She is well equipped and ready to go. "Kokopelli" would make a great live aboard having been built exceptionally strong to travel the worlds oceans. "Kokopelli" has been continually upgraded and maintained throughout the years and held in constant readiness for cruising at a moments notice.
The "Kokopelli" is not a Dock Queen, but rather a go anywhere Cutter Maintained by a knowledgeable owner to the standards required of a serious Blue Water Cruising Vessel.
* New 4 mos.: Bottom Job with Anti-fouling.
* New 2015: One Start Battery Series 24 NAPA.
* New 2015: Three House Batteries Series 27 type 8301.
* New 2015: Master Volt 12/24-3 Battery Charger.
* New 2015: Jabsco mod. Macerator Pump.
* New 2013: Jabsco Manual Head mod. 19090.
* New 2010: Raymarine Autopilot SPX-5.
* New 2010: Garmin Chart Plotter/GPS 541s.
* New 2009: Xantrex 1000 Inverter.
* New 2005: Raymarine C-70 Radar/Chartplotter.
* Engine Room Fire Suppression System.
Please continue to full specs for walk through.
LOA: 35 ft 3 in
Beam: 11 ft 5 in
LWL: 28 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 17700 lbs Half Load
Ballast: 5750 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 49 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1984
Engine Model: 3GM30F
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 4000
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 27 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Fiberglass (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Fiberglass (24 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Fiberglass (15 Gallons)
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
GPS - Garmin 541s
Depthsounder - Autohelm
Log-speedometer - Autohelm
Navigation center - Garmin 541s New 2010
Compass - Ritchie
VHF - Standard Horizon HX 290 with AIS
Radio - Sony Marine
Wind speed and direction - NorthStar
Autopilot - Raymarine SPX-5
Plotter - Garmin 541s New 2010
Radar - Raymarine C-70
Radar Detector - Raymarine C-70
CD player - Sony Marine with sirius/XM
Marine head - Jabsco Manual mod. 29090 New 2013
Oven - Force 10
Air conditioning - Mermaid mod. 0111-c-0074 12,000 BTU
Heating - Taylor Kerosene Heater
Hot water - 6 gal.
Battery charger - Mastervolt New 2015
Manual bilge pump - Whale
Refrigerator - In Counter Cold Plate with Freezer
Electric bilge pump - Rule 350gpm,1100gpm,3500gpm
Shore power inlet - 30 AMP
Inverter - Xantrex/Duracell 1000
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Outboard engine brackets
Wind generator - Air-X
Solar panel - Kyosera
Cockpit cover - Sunbrella
Genoa cover - Roller Furling
Bimini Top - Sunbrella
Southern Cross 35
First impressions of "Kokopelli" are those of a purpose bent and capable offshore cruiser where everything has found it's natural place aboard through efficiency of use. She has nice lines and is well kept.
Stepping aboard her port side one notices the snaking/netting running around the perimeter, which gives a feeling of security. There are plenty of handholds running forward and all of the bright work is well finished. The decks are clean and bright being finished with non-skid. The path to the bow is easy and unobstructed.
Being Cutter rigged the two forward triangles are of a roller furling design. The ground tackle consists of the primary plow type anchor with a Danforth secondary. The anchor windlass is a Lofrans Manual type that will not fail. The primary anchor uses 120' of all chain rode. The standing rigging is easy to navigate around and appears to be in good condition.
Headed back aft to the cockpit one notices that the Sunbrella dodger/bimini looks to be in great shape. All of the teak at the helm station is nicely finished. The cockpit feels very secure and as before everything has found it's rightful place and it is a very functional area. A good place to stand watch with all controls easy to the reach.
The companionway hatch is quite beautiful with the teak doors having what looks like a recent refinishing. Stepping down to the teak and holly sole the Galley is to starboard and the navigation station is to port. Both area's are very functional and the vessel is clean and well kept.
The Salon has a center line table that surrounds the keel stepped mast, making the mast unobtrusive. There are settee's to port and to starboard on either side backed with cabinet and book stowage. Teak grab rails on the overhead run the length of the Salon.
On forward is the head to port, which doubles as a shower. Here is stainless wash basin and a manual pump toilet that is very unlikely to fail.
The cabin is forward with a double berth and plenty of stowage to either side and under as well as a hanging or shelf type closet depending on preference.
* Yanmar 27 h.p. Main Diesel Engine mod. 3GM30 F with 4000 hrs.
* Engine Room Fire Suppression System.
* One 35# plow type anchor with 120' BBB chain 150' 5/8" nylon rode.
* One Fortress with 30' BBB chain and 150' 5/8" nylon rode.
* One spare Danforth in hide away bin.
* Lofrans Royal m anual Anchor windlass.
* New 2015 One NAPA series 24 start battery.
* New 2015 Three NAPA 8301 series 27 house batteries.
* New 2015 Master Volt Chargemaster 12/24-3.
* Two Kyosera 65 watt Solar Panels.
* New 2009 Xantrex 1000 watt inverter.
* Air-X Wind Turbine generator 180watt
* 12 VDC / 110 VAC panel. Battery switch.
* Engine driven Alternator.
* New 2005 Raymarine C-70 Radar/Chart plotter.
* New 2010 Garmin 541s Chart plotter.
* VHF Standard Horizon Transceiver HX 290 with AIS.
* SSB ICOM IC-718 Transceiver.
* CD player and stereo Sony Marine Sirius-XM.
* New 2010 Raymarine Autopilot SPX-5.
* Autohelm Tridata Depth/Speed log.
* NorthStar Explorer W-315 Wind direction/Wind speed.
* Force 10 Gimballed 3 Burner Stove with Oven, Stainless.
* In Counter Cold Plate Refrigerator Freezer.
* Magic Chef Portable Ice Maker.
* Stainless Double Sink with Hand Held Sprayer.
* 2" Ceramic Tiles on Countertops.
* Mermaid 12,00 BTU A/C mod. 0111-C-0074.
* Rule 350 gph Bilge pump Forward.
* Rule 1100 gph Bilge pump Amidships.
* Rule 3500 gph Crash Pump Above 1100.
* New 2015 Jabsco mod. Macerator Pump.
* New 2013 Jabsco Manual Head mod. 29090.
* Water Heater 6 gal.
* Groco Thru-Hull Sea Cocks 6 Exercised.
* Whale Manual Bilge Pump.
* Taylor Kerosene Salon Heater with Chimney.
* On Demand Pressure Water System.
* Two Forward North Sail Triangles in Good Condition.
* One North Sail Main in Good Condition.
* Lazy Jacks.
This Southern Cross 35 would be a great choice for those seeking an offshore cruising adventure. Built with quality components, this vessel would be very expensive if built to the same standards in todays economy. She is well founded and at the current asking price I feel represents an opportunity for the prospective buyer.