Cruisers 1975 Westsail Cutter Ketch listed by Edwards Yacht Sales (Off Market)
To see full description of this boat from the seller click on the Seller Description tab above.
Offshore cruisers, coastal cruisers and island hoppers looking for safety security and comfort in open water should take a long hard look at this boat. Bill Crealock who designed the Pacific Seacraft and a long list of serious cruisers designed the Westsail 42 to cruise around the world in comfort and to take the worst the sea had to offer. Even if you don't plan to sail around the world wouldn't you feel safe in a boat stronger than you are?
This one doesn't look anything like a 1975. Everything has been redone! No exterior teak. Beautiful, durable Awlcraft paint shines. Clean lines above decks. Belowdecks has been totally redone in rich, modern teak and teak and holly sole. Everything is gorgeous, ready to go and solid as a rock.
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 0 in
LWL: 33 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 8 in
Bridge Clearance: 57 ft 4 in
Engine Brand: Perkins
Engine Model: 4-154
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 382
Total Power: 62
Fresh Water: 200
The entire interior has been redone in rich, varnished teak and teak and holly soles. There is nothing 1975 about the interior. The spacious saloon is open and airy. From the companionway a dinette is to starboard and the U shaped galley is to port. Forward of the galley and dinette a step down takes you into the saloon. Settees are on both sides with storage underneath and behind. Forward of the saloon is a completely redone head with separate shower.
Further aft to starboard the walkthrough leads past the nav station to the aft stateroom. A beautiful teak seat unfolds to work at the nav station or folds against the bulkhead to pass through. The aft berth is a vee with 5" thick foam mattresses. In the aft stateroom just aft of the walkthrough is a bathroom sink. To port, just forward of the berth is the aft head.
A door in the head allows entry into the engine room. The engine room is HUGE with its own opening portlight for light and ventilation. The large room allows access to the top, front, back, port side and starboard side of the engine as well as every part of the generator. A sliding door from the walkthrough improves access to some parts of the starboard side of the engine.
– Custom handcrafted wood saloon dining table - NEW 8/2009!
– All NEW cabinetry 2001!
– Newly refinished teak and holly sole!
– NEW cushions throughout!
– Ample portlights and hatches for light and ventilation
– 7 dorades for all weather ventilation
– Screens for all hatches and portlights
– Curtains for all portlights
– Dinette converts to berth if needed
– NEW Adler Barbour refrigerator/freezer!
– NEW Origo 4300 2 burner non-pressurized alcohol/electric stove!
– Sharp microwave oven
– Double SS sink
– Coffee maker
– Navico 8000 Power Pilot Autopilot
– Furuno 1621 LCD 16 mile radar (radome inoperative)
– Garmin 192C color chartplotter at helm with built in charts for coastal US
– Magelllan FX324 Color chartplotter at nav station with computer interface
– Ritchie 6" binnacle mounted compass
– Rapidfix 406 EPIRB
– Standard Horizon depth
– Standard Horizon wind speed direction
– Memorex TV w/VCR
– Electrical panels and all wiring NEW 2001!
– Aluminum fuel tanks NEW 1994!
– Phasor 3.5 kw generator
– NEW Balmar 100 amp alternator!
– NEW Balmar 3 stage voltage regulator!
– Heart 2000 watt inverter
– Mermaid 12,000 btu air conditioner NEW 2007!
– 2 6v house batteries
– 12v engine start battery
– 12v generator start battery
– 12v windlass battery
– 100 amp automatic battery charger
– Water heater NEW 2007!
– Forward head NEW!
Hull and Deck Equipment
– Fiberglass decks
– Topsides, deck house painted with Sterling linear polyurethane NEW 2006!
– Bimini NEW 2007!
– Dodger NEW 2007!
– Cockpit NEW 2006!
– Main mizzen sail covers NEW 2006!
– Imtra Tiger electric windlass w/remote NEW 2006!
– 45# CQR anchor with 300' 5/8" rode
– 45# Bruce anchor with 300' 3/8" chain
– Deck storage box with Sunbrella cover
– Magma propane BBQ grill
– Chain plates NEW 2006!
– Stalocks on all rigging NEW 2001!
– Staysail NEW 2006!
– Main mizzen masts painted NEW 6/2010!
– Full batten mainsail 1995
– 100% genoa 1995
– Full batten mizzen 1995
– Schaefer roller furlers on genoa and staysail
– Mast steps to masthead
Find out about different sailboat types, most popular sailboat brands and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide. Find out about different sailboat types, sail vs power boat, most popular sailboat brands, what do you need to own a sailboat and more in our comprehensive sailboat guide.